Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #1
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Jackson accuses Utah fans of racial slurs

http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_5873816

Quote:
Golden State's Stephen Jackson criticized fan behavior during Game 2 of the Warriors-Jazz series Wednesday night at EnergySolutions Arena, saying he was the target of a racial slur.
According to a story in The San Francisco Chronicle on Friday, Jackson said, "I just thought people would carry themselves in a better way. They're always worried about how we're going to act toward the fans, but they never consider what we have to sit there and take."
Jackson did not pinpont the nature of the alleged slur, telling a reporter, "If you can't read between the lines, you don't need to be asking these questions. If I say too much, it's going to be a problem."
Asked if the slur was a six-letter word, Jackson said, "Yeah, exactly."
Golden State team president Robert Rowell told The Chronicle he had not heard any previous complaint from his players.
"We will certainly look into their comments," Rowell said. "From what I observed, the fans in Utah are well-behaved and passionate. [But] there is no place for inappropriate fan conduct in the . . . playoffs."
Jackson told the newspaper, "It's cool. I don't mind taking it. But at the same time, it is aggravating and you want to do something about it. But you can't."
Jackson's teammate, Jason Richardson, told The Contra Costa Times he also heard the slurs.
"That was something new," he said. "It shocked all of us. We weren't expecting that. I mean, they were trying to get into our heads any way they can. But I couldn't believe anybody would stoop that low. It's nonsense."
Jackson told the newspaper, "I'm John Gotti in Utah."

At the Jazz's shootaround Friday, Carlos Boozer and Deron Williams told reporters they did not hear any slurs directed at Jackson, Richardson or anyone else.
"I am really surprised," Boozer said. "I don't know if that happened. I wasn't aware of it. I didn't hear it happen. So, if it did happen, I feel sorry for the people who said it and I feel sorry for Stephen Jackson."
Williams, the Jazz's second-year point guard, said, "I've never heard any racial slurs at any arena I've been to. I try not to really pay attention to the crowd."
Boozer has been a victim of slurs in the past, but "not in the NBA. . . . Being an African-American, you hear it everywhere."
In 2004, Jackson was suspended 20 games for his part in the infamous brawl during an Indiana-Detroit game at the Palace of Auburn Hills. He went into the stands behind then-teammate Ron Artest and punched a fan.
In Golden State's first-round series against Dallas, Jackson was ejected from a game and later fined $50,000 by the NBA for failing to leave the court in a timely manner.
In Game 2 against Utah, Jackson scored 18 points, but he made only four of his 18 field-goal attempts as the Jazz took a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven series with a 127-117 overtime win.
Contacted Friday morning in Oakland, Jazz vice president of communications Linda Luchetti said team officials had already heard about Jackson's allegations and investigated the situation.
"If that was the case, we would take appropriate action," Luchetti said. "The Utah Jazz won't tolerate anything along those lines, in regard to fan behavior. We take something like that very seriously.
"But we have looked into it and at this point - as far as we can tell - there's nothing there. . . . Nobody heard any thing - none of the other fans, our [security] people in the area, the referees, nobody."

This doesn't help Utah's already racist image. I guess thats what happens when only 4% of your states population is a visible minority. Who else is not surprised
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:31 PM   #2
AceVenturaPetDet
Local High School Star

AceVenturaPetDet has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jackson accuses Utah fans of racial slurs

Stephen does not have credibility whatsoever, he's just trying to deflect the fact that his team is getting outplayed by Utah, he's a lying SOB and a thug.
AceVenturaPetDet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:33 PM   #3
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

use it as motivation to kick ass
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #4
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

People all around the world are racist, Just becuase Utahs population is majority white doesnt mean were racist, i wouldn't doubt if there were racial slurs, but just because one or two fans say something doesnt speak for all the fans. Its not like they were chanting something offensive where most of the fans were involved.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:40 PM   #5
EuJazz
Local High School Star

EuJazz has an OK reputation so far

I'll be amazed if people believe Stephen Jackson over...well...anybody.
EuJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:46 PM   #6
Excentric
Banned

Excentric has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceVenturaPetDet
Stephen does not have credibility whatsoever, he's just trying to deflect the fact that his team is getting outplayed by Utah, he's a lying SOB and a thug.

I'm sure that was his thought. Lie about getting called a n1gger
Excentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:47 PM   #7
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
why would he have to lie about this? and even his teammate heard it.

and two of the above that didn't believe him are jazz fans
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:51 PM   #8
AceVenturaPetDet
Local High School Star

AceVenturaPetDet has an OK reputation so far

Probably black fans calling one another the N word and Stephen thought it was directed to him, u know he's dumb.
AceVenturaPetDet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:52 PM   #9
ThaWarrior
Local High School Star

ThaWarrior has an OK reputation so far

I'm not surprised, it utah
ThaWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:54 PM   #10
sammdogg
Local High School Star

sammdogg has decent reputation

Word. Black people cant be part of the Morman Church...
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:56 PM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Consider the state of sports fans. Its out of control and think about this. Do you think that fans went/said the extreme to rile up Sjax, get him out of his game? Who knows if the people who said it are racists, bigots or whatever. But who knows if they said it just being the kamikaze crazed sports fan who takes it upon themselves to say, act as they want to gain attention?

I remember Nellie talkin to the refs and after 30 seconds you had fans chanting this sound and it got louder and louder...you could clearly see them on TNT. Couple fans said something to Nellie and they werent far (you ever notice players benches are next to fan seats who are courtside and not far from fans a row behind them?). As Nellie walked off he looked at the two dudes who were saying something (couldnt read what) and shook his head smiling...as he walked off they fans kept chanting that sound and got louder.

That long story said...it just gives a brief example of how sports fans today are just gung ho, out of control maniacs who took BOOOOOOO'ing to the next level. BOOOO'ing someone is so 80's. Saying something about a loved one, sexual orientation/manhood or going as far as using a racial slur towards a player you know has leaped into the stands before and hit fans is what they wanted. They were throwing bait...saying Sjax you suck probably doesnt get a reaction. Saying Sjax you n*gger would have him look and potentially say something if not approach you. Sjax has a rep that isnt positive...probably motivation to attack him. If someone like Baron Davis, Monte Ellis said it then ehhh you think for a second.

Again who knows what was said or what kind of person(s) they were. But you gotta look further into this than "Oh they are racist" and thats that. By doing this you're not exusing the behavior...but you're gonna see things clearer.

Todays fans are psychos. Lets face it. 15mins of fame is worth it to some. Being the reason Sjax was ejected from a game or suspended for a game or two because he charged the stands and slapped snot sideways out of nose is what you want. Anything to help aid your team to win, piss a pro bballer off and make them look bad for reaction to your stupid behavior.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:58 PM   #12
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceVenturaPetDet
Probably black fans calling one another the N word and Stephen thought it was directed to him, u know he's dumb.
SIX letters not FIVE black people don't call each other the SIX letter one.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:58 PM   #13
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
People all around the world are racist, Just becuase Utahs population is majority white doesnt mean were racist, i wouldn't doubt if there were racial slurs, but just because one or two fans say something doesnt speak for all the fans. Its not like they were chanting something offensive where most of the fans were involved.
your right its the high % of members of the LDS that make Utah racist (not necc. more so than many states though). This is a church that did not allow non-white members till the 70's and many still think that "brownies" can't go to heaven.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #14
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg
Word. Black people cant be part of the Morman Church...
they can now. The curch realized that blacks, samoans, etc. have money too.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #15
sammdogg
Local High School Star

sammdogg has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
your right its the high % of members of the LDS that make Utah racist (not necc. more so than many states though). This is a church that did not allow non-white members till the 70's and many still think that "brownies" can't go to heaven.
If brownies werent allowed in heaven who would be their slaves in heaven??
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: