Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-11-2007, 10:07 PM   #106
sammdogg
Local High School Star

sammdogg has decent reputation
Default Re: Jackson accuses Utah fans of racial slurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
wikapeidia:
more importantly GLADIS KNIGHT is a mormon!!!
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #107
AceVenturaPetDet
Local High School Star

AceVenturaPetDet has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg

So as the Wayan Brothers.
AceVenturaPetDet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:27 PM   #108
wild orchid
Serious playground baller

wild orchid has no real reputation yet.

NBA security has been know to remove fans screaming racial slurs.
wild orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:29 PM   #109
SportsAnalyzer
Banned

SportsAnalyzer has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_5873816

This doesn't help Utah's already racist image. I guess thats what happens when only 4% of your states population is a visible minority. Who else is not surprised

The main point is why the hell would Stephen Jackson even Care??????
SportsAnalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:40 PM   #110
SportsAnalyzer
Banned

SportsAnalyzer has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
why would he have to lie about this? and even his teammate heard it.

and two of the above that didn't believe him are jazz fans

As long as Black People show they are affected by that word, white pople will continue to do it. Why do u think the person said it? He said because of what stephen Jackson did after he heard it, went to the media and said something about it
SportsAnalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #111
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceVenturaPetDet
Stephen does not have credibility whatsoever, he's just trying to deflect the fact that his team is getting outplayed by Utah, he's a lying SOB and a thug.
I am so glad he did not resign with the Spurs. All that talent and no heart, no integrity and no ability to focus on the game. Kobe want-a-be has to have the camra 24/7.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:57 PM   #112
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

That's freaky, dude. I've been to the Mormon churches in Vancouver, WA. (I was raised Mormon.) Tried watching the video to see if I could see anyone I recognize.. heh.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:04 PM   #113
AceVenturaPetDet
Local High School Star

AceVenturaPetDet has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsAnalyzer
The main point is why the hell would Stephen Jackson even Care??????

cuz he's bored.
AceVenturaPetDet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:09 PM   #114
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Not to that extreme. I guess theres sunday school and catechism in christianity. But you don't really undergo as intense of an indoctrination as mormons.
check out some of the "non-denominational" churches!!! There are some crazy groups out there.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:10 PM   #115
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg
Who's Gladis Knight?
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:10 PM   #116
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
pretty racist statement. How did the modern blacks get their dark skin then?

I'm not saying I agree with. Just that that is what Mormons believe happened. Based on a limited understanding of science from the time. If you believe the Bible, then you believe we all exist because of sin anyways. Or if you believe in the Tower of Babel, you believe that God punished all of man by making it hard for people to understand each other.

I was never "indoctrinated" in Mormon church. Some people just look at other people's beliefs and think, "Well you think differently than me, so you've been indoctrinated with lies."

Last edited by reppy : 05-11-2007 at 11:19 PM.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:12 PM   #117
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
That's freaky, dude. I've been to the Mormon churches in Vancouver, WA. (I was raised Mormon.) Tried watching the video to see if I could see anyone I recognize.. heh.

small world.

was it difficult for you to leave the religion? did your family and friends treat you differently?
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:17 PM   #118
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
check out some of the "non-denominational" churches!!! There are some crazy groups out there.

yeah I forgot. there are some pretty fanatic churches along the Bible Belt especially.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PUQA...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru7Ds...elated&search=

Last edited by final.wrath : 05-11-2007 at 11:19 PM.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:45 PM   #119
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Town-Raised
This proves a point. My point is not that Utah is more racist then anywhere else in America. My point is sheer numbers determine the liklihood of an event occuring. Utahs prison has a huge Aryan Nation sect. The difference between Utah and California is that they vastly outnumber the Black Men in prison in Utah. Aryan members in Utah are much more likely to kill a Black Man in Utah then in California. Because they are more racist then the California sect? No. Because they have a huge numbers advantage and do not have to worry about a full scale riot and answering to what they have done.

For the poster who stated it is rhetoric to state that a 99% white crowd is more likely to throw a racial slur then a 75% one no it is not. It is pure fact. Ever heard when the Cat is away the mice will play.

I am stating that I believe Stephen Jackson. The laws of numbers prevail. It only takes one man. One man is much more likely in a 99% white crowd to throw a slur simply because of the law of numbers. Do you think if he was sitting between a Black family he would have said it. No. The only thing that changed was the demographics.
I appreciate that you believe that Utah is racist (although you have never lived there and have zero evidence of racism beyond 1978). Go ahead and believe that. What I will tell you is that I have lived in Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Jose, Seattle, Salt Lake, Denmark, Germany, England and Switzerland. Salt Lake is (with the possible exception of London), the least racist place I have ever lived.

I believe that Stephen Jackson is lying, and played the race card because he knows that there is no way to prove him wrong. Now that is my opinion, but I am basing this on the fact that Jackson has no credibility, and on my experience living in Salt Lake.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:41 AM   #120
nbapoints
Decent playground baller

nbapoints has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Utah chooses character players. Period. They would not even look at guys like Jackson because he is of low character. His color has nothing to do with it.

Jackson was called "The ultimate team player" by Tim Duncan. His team mates on the Warriors like him and he is a leader on the team. Yes, he has done some dumb things. Very dumb, but he has and is going to pay for these. He is learning to control his temper I believe.

I believe him because Jason Richardson also heard this.
nbapoints is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: