Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-11-2007, 09:38 PM   #91
AceVenturaPetDet
Local High School Star

Default Re: Jackson accuses Utah fans of racial slurs

Are there any Amish community in UTah?
AceVenturaPetDet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:41 PM   #92
sammdogg
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath

they go through all sorts of training and classes and watch propaganda videos.
Thats every religion..
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:41 PM   #93
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Town-Raised
This proves a point. My point is not that Utah is more racist then anywhere else in America. My point is sheer numbers determine the liklihood of an event occuring. Utahs prison has a huge Aryan Nation sect. The difference between Utah and California is that they vastly outnumber the Black Men in prison in Utah. Aryan members in Utah are much more likely to kill a Black Man in Utah then in California. Because they are more racist then the California sect? No. Because they have a huge numbers advantage and do not have to worry about a full scale riot and answering to what they have done.

For the poster who stated it is rhetoric to state that a 99% white crowd is more likely to throw a racial slur then a 75% one no it is not. It is pure fact. Ever heard when the Cat is away the mice will play.

I am stating that I believe Stephen Jackson. The laws of numbers prevail. It only takes one man. One man is much more likely in a 99% white crowd to throw a slur simply because of the law of numbers. Do you think if he was sitting between a Black family he would have said it. No. The only thing that changed was the demographics.

as long as we remember that its not just white people who are racist. i'll bet you there've been just as many or more racial slurs by black fans in the NBA as white fans.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #94
sammdogg
Local High School Star

Quote:
This proves a point. My point is not that Utah is more racist then anywhere else in America. My point is sheer numbers determine the liklihood of an event occuring. Utahs prison has a huge Aryan Nation sect. The difference between Utah and California is that they vastly outnumber the Black Men in prison in Utah. Aryan members in Utah are much more likely to kill a Black Man in Utah then in California. Because they are more racist then the California sect? No. Because they have a huge numbers advantage and do not have to worry about a full scale riot and answering to what they have done.

For the poster who stated it is rhetoric to state that a 99% white crowd is more likely to throw a racial slur then a 75% one no it is not. It is pure fact. Ever heard when the Cat is away the mice will play.

I am stating that I believe Stephen Jackson. The laws of numbers prevail. It only takes one man. One man is much more likely in a 99% white crowd to throw a slur simply because of the law of numbers. Do you think if he was sitting between a Black family he would have said it. No. The only thing that changed was the demographics.

I think its more likely not just because Utah is 85% white but also it is 62% mormon
Old 05-11-2007, 09:43 PM   #95
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg
Thats every religion..

Not to that extreme. I guess theres sunday school and catechism in christianity. But you don't really undergo as intense of an indoctrination as mormons.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #96
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow
The Mormans believe that Lamanites were American Indians, not blacks.
this is correct.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #97
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
I think its more likely not just because Utah is 85% white but also it is 62% mormon

sammdog mormons are not racist. at least not in the way that they would yell racial slurs. they just believe black people are decendants of a people who strayed from god.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:46 PM   #98
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
This proves a point.
I dont disagree. I was pointing out tha Utah is not in the MIdwest.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:47 PM   #99
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Once again, you are incorrect. The Mormon presence in South America and Samoa has been large for the last 50 or so years.
I would like to see you back this up. My understanding (cant find any # online) is that the LDS has exploded over the last 30 years or so. Before that, less than 5% now its 10% in AM. Sam and 12.7 in Indept
Old 05-11-2007, 09:49 PM   #100
sammdogg
Local High School Star

Quote:
sammdog mormons are not racist. at least not in the way that they would yell racial slurs. they just believe black people are decendants of a people who strayed from god.
... black people are not allowed to actively pursue a role in the clergy... thats not racist??? i guess when i open up my business it will be ok for me not to allow any black people to work for me. i still wont be a racist
Old 05-11-2007, 09:51 PM   #101
D-Town-Raised
I brick open layups

Quote:
as long as we remember that its not just white people who are racist. i'll bet you there've been just as many or more racial slurs by black fans in the NBA as white fans.

No doubt. I know they let Professor have it a Rucker. I know Dirk would be called a soft a** White Boy and Nash would hear it too. Once again the law of numbers. Bottom line is you will never find a majority Black crowd at an NBA game. Let alone 90%.

Boozehound. Southwest, Midwest, West. You know what I mean. Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Nebraska, Montana, Iowa etc... All those states. I just group em all as the Midwest.
D-Town-Raised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:52 PM   #102
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
... black people are not allowed to actively pursue a role in the clergy... thats not racist??? i guess when i open up my business it will be ok for me not to allow any black people to work for me. i still wont be a racist

they have been allowed since 1978 man look it up
Old 05-11-2007, 09:54 PM   #103
sammdogg
Local High School Star

Quote:
No doubt. I know they let Professor have it a Rucker. I know Dirk would be called a soft a** White Boy and Nash would hear it too. Once again the law of numbers. Bottom line is you will never find a majority Black crowd at an NBA game. Let alone 90%.

Boozehound. Southwest, Midwest, West. You know what I mean. Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Nebraska, Montana, Iowa etc... All those states. I just group em all as the Midwest.
This whole conversation started because some people said Stephen Jackson was not credible, and someone probably didnt call him a nig
Old 05-11-2007, 09:54 PM   #104
sammdogg
Local High School Star

Quote:
they have been allowed since 1978 man look it up
No they havent. you should check it out.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:00 PM   #105
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
No they havent. you should check it out.

wikapeidia:
Quote:
Following the death of Joseph Smith, Jr. and the succession crisis, leaders of one Latter Day Saint movement denomination, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, began to exclude blacks from priesthood ordination and from participation in temple ceremonies. This practice continued until 1978, when after years of internal debate, church leaders declared they had received a revelation from God discontinuing the practice of discrimination on the basis of race.[
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: