Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-11-2007, 09:19 PM   #76
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jackson accuses Utah fans of racial slurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Town-Raised
The Utah prison system is the most dangerous to Black Men along with all the other Midwest prison systems
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:20 PM   #77
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy

Actually if I recall, it was due to a split that occured in heaven between people who wanted to follow God and people that were persuaded by Satan. They were marked with dark skin to show that they had decided to follow Satan instead of God.
pretty racist statement. How did the modern blacks get their dark skin then?
Old 05-11-2007, 09:24 PM   #78
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
revelation = money in S Am, Samoa and Africa. Get real
Moron. Samoans and Hispanics are not considered black. The LDS Church spends WAY more money in Africa than it takes in.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:25 PM   #79
D-Town-Raised
I brick open layups

D-Town-Raised has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Agreed. I doubt you'd ever see Jason Williams playing for Utah. I could see Utah loving basically every single black player that plays for San Antonio. Why? They're all "character guys".

Yet no one *****es about them.

Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili might as well be considered "white". Oberto? White. Barry? White. Coach? White.

Am I missing anyone?

I don't recall seeing too many tattoos or dreadlocks in Spurs games.

Actually if I recall, it was due to a split that occured in heaven between people who wanted to follow God and people that were persuaded by Satan. They were marked with dark skin to show that they had decided to follow Satan instead of God.

Ginobli is White. Him Oberto and Gassol could have gotten fresh off the boat with Columbus.
D-Town-Raised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:25 PM   #80
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
pretty racist statement. How did the modern blacks get their dark skin then?
That statement is incorrect.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:27 PM   #81
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Mormon. Samoans and Hispanics are not considered black. The LDS Church spends WAY more money in Africa than it takes in.
I never said they were. No need for name calling. There was no Mormon presence (or an incredibly small one) prior to the "revelation". Now its the largest growing (and close to the largest church) in both Am. Samoa and Independent Samoa. Coincidence? probably...

On a totally unrelated note, hav eyou ever been to Navoo? Kinda neat despite the incredible bias in historical presentation.

Last edited by boozehound : 05-11-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:28 PM   #82
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

here are two excerpts fromt he book of mormon.

Example 1: 2 Nephi 5: 21- 'And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people, the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.'

Example 2: Alma 3: 6- 'And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men.'
Old 05-11-2007, 09:30 PM   #83
vert48
Can You?

Quote:
I never said they were. No need for name calling. There was no Mormon presence (or an incredibly small one) prior to the "revelation". Now its the largest growing (and close to the largest church) in both Am. Samoa and Independent Samoa. Coincidence? probably...

On a totally unrelated note, hav eyou ever been to Navoo? Kinda neat despite the incredible bias in historical presentation.
Once again, you are incorrect. The Mormon presence in South America and Samoa has been large for the last 50 or so years.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:30 PM   #84
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
This statement is so inaccurate that I will not even post a rebuttal. Whoever wrote this is needs to grow a second brain cell and check their source.

its true. they where special undergarments to remind them of their commitment to christ.

"And he had caused the cursing to come upon [the Lamanites], yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, and they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them." (2 Nephi 5:21)."
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:31 PM   #85
Snow
I hit open layups

Snow has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
yes they can don't spread ignorance. mormanism may be a crazy cult but black people can partake all they want. matter of fact there are large mormon sects in africa.

the mormons do beleive, however, that ancient black people known as laminites were spawned from satan and their black skin is a marker of that.

The Mormans believe that Lamanites were American Indians, not blacks.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:31 PM   #86
final.wrath
Banned

lamanites were turned black from my understanding
Old 05-11-2007, 09:32 PM   #87
sammdogg
Local High School Star

sammdogg has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah#Demographics
^ These cited statistics are false then?

its 85% white people. latinos are counted in the white population.
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:33 PM   #88
sammdogg
Local High School Star

sammdogg has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
if there are any mormons reading this, i hope you get our of your cult one day.
thats f'ed up. arguing over religion is more retarded than the special olympics
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:33 PM   #89
D-Town-Raised
I brick open layups

D-Town-Raised has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

This proves a point. My point is not that Utah is more racist then anywhere else in America. My point is sheer numbers determine the liklihood of an event occuring. Utahs prison has a huge Aryan Nation sect. The difference between Utah and California is that they vastly outnumber the Black Men in prison in Utah. Aryan members in Utah are much more likely to kill a Black Man in Utah then in California. Because they are more racist then the California sect? No. Because they have a huge numbers advantage and do not have to worry about a full scale riot and answering to what they have done.

For the poster who stated it is rhetoric to state that a 99% white crowd is more likely to throw a racial slur then a 75% one no it is not. It is pure fact. Ever heard when the Cat is away the mice will play.

I am stating that I believe Stephen Jackson. The laws of numbers prevail. It only takes one man. One man is much more likely in a 99% white crowd to throw a slur simply because of the law of numbers. Do you think if he was sitting between a Black family he would have said it. No. The only thing that changed was the demographics.
D-Town-Raised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:36 PM   #90
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg
thats f'ed up. arguing over religion is more retarded than the special olympics

dude i feel sorry for them. they are forced to beleive a certain thing and if they do anything against the church they face social alienation. they have to wear special underwear and are pretty much brainwashed from the time they enter the church.

they go through all sorts of training and classes and watch propaganda videos.

I think we should said missionaries to Utah to see how they like it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: