Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-11-2007, 08:30 PM   #61
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Jackson accuses Utah fans of racial slurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
General Authority, Bruce R McConkie had said:

"The Blacks are denied the Priesthood; under no circumstances can they hold this delegation of authority from the Almighty.

The Negroes are not equal with other races where the receipt of certain blessings are concerned, particularly the priesthood and the temple blessings that flow there from, but this inequality is not of man's origin, it is the Lord's doings." (Mormon Doctrine, pp. 526-527).

You can find racist or ignorant remarks from damn near any institution. I don't really care what the church did or said then, I care about what's happening now.

Want to prove the Utah management purposely picks white players over black players? Bust out the draft record. Prove they draft more white players than black players. If they choose a higher percentage of white players in the draft than other teams, you have a case. Utah, the state itself, cannot attract the average black NBA basketball player.

Furthermore, let's not forget that this team that was apparently put together to appeal to the white man beat the Rockets in 7 and is currently up 2-0 on a team with .. 1 white player?

Last edited by reppy : 05-11-2007 at 08:34 PM.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:36 PM   #62
D-Town-Raised
I brick open layups

D-Town-Raised has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Those are racist states

Mississippi
Georga (lol at Atlanta being a state)
Lousiana
Texas
Alabama
Tennesee
Kentucky
Arkansas

Even add Texas and Forida

The difference is numbers.

Louisiana and Mississippi are the Blackest States by percentage in America and 50% of Americas Black Population lives in the South. The Utah prison system is the most dangerous to Black Men along with all the other Midwest prison systems not because those states are more racist but because black men are hugely outumbered.

If a White Man called a Black man a Ni**er at a Hawks game he would have to deal with Black Men in the crowd. You can get away with it in Utah because of the sheer demographics. Doesn't mean Utah has more racist people then the deep South it is just pure numbers.
D-Town-Raised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:38 PM   #63
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Town-Raised
First of all I am a Black Man.

Second Okur is a White Man. It doesn't matter what country he comes from. Most Russians are White Men. The fact that in the 80's some Americans would look down on them doesn't change the fact the were white men. Eastern Europeans may be looked down upon by some Americans but that doesn't change the fact that most are white men. Okur is an Eastern European White Man. AK 47 is a Russian White Man. Boozer and Williams are biracial. Because of slavery the average black man in America has 10-15% White Blood. Which would make Boozer and Williams around 60% White. Boozer appears to be a huge mix of Native, White, Spanish, European and Black. While Williams is more classical Biracial.

Racists will change their criteria in certain situations. Utah has always had a white coach and 4-6 white players. So racist fans will cheer for the black players to benefit the white members of the team. They would lose those fans if they had 15 Black Players and a Black Coach. I have watched ball for 20 years and I can't remember one time ever that the Jazz had 5 black players on the court at the same time not even in blowouts.

Change those 4 players to 2 white players and the fans would still cheer but would prefer a few players that they could say he is not really black but mixed. There is Williams and Boozer.

Change the team to all Black then the personalities and skin complextions of the members don't matter anymore. Then Boozer and Williams just become other Black Men.

Malone played with good White Players. A circumstance. Malone dressed like he was on the Oregan trail. A circumstance. Malone was a Republican. A circumstance.

Typical thinking is. He's okay because he is not like the others and we have white players on the team.

Mexicans and Asians are considered miniorities but racists will play favorites in certain situations.

Given a choice a racist will go like this.

I want a White American Majority.
If I must be diverse I will accept darker eastern Europeans
If I can't have that then I will accept Asians.
If I can't have that I will accept Mexicans.
If I can't have that I will accept Blacks but I prefer Biracial.

The personalities and the race of the minority do play factors.

Utah is no more racist then anywhere else but the bottom line is pure numbers. Their crowd is 99% white. This imboldens people. If the crowd was only 7% Black, people would be less likely to pop off simply out of having to deal with the consequences of dealing with someone in the crowd.
You just make stuff up as you go along. Utah has only had two coaches in their history - Frank Layden and Jerry Sloan. To say that they have always had a white coach sounds like they have had a bunch of coaches, and they have all been white. What about the Lakers? The only black coach they ever had was Magic, and that was not even for a full season.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:41 PM   #64
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

And you base that on what? All your reason is based on hypothetical bs that is based around Utah is white, thus they like to see white players, thus they hate black players and won't cheer for them. Besides, you ever been to NBA games? Most places have majority white fans. And can you give proof that Utah is racist? Can you give proof that an Arena filled with 99% white people will be more racist then an arena with say 75% white people? You just make an assertion that white people are racist.

What about all those black players that refuse to play in Utah? Do you think A.I or Shaq would ever player there? Hmm let me make some stupid shyt up. Shaq is black, thus they he doesn't like white people, thus he wouldn't want to play for fans that are 95% white, geez maybe he's a racist.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:42 PM   #65
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
You can find racist or ignorant remarks from damn near any institution. I don't really care what the church did or said then, I care about what's happening now.

Want to prove the Utah management purposely picks white players over black players? Bust out the draft record. Prove they draft more white players than black players. If they choose a higher percentage of white players in the draft than other teams, you have a case. Utah, the state itself, cannot attract the average black NBA basketball player.

Furthermore, let's not forget that this team that was apparently put together to appeal to the white man beat the Rockets in 7 and is currently up 2-0 on a team with .. 1 white player?
Utah chooses character players. Period. They would not even look at guys like Jackson because he is of low character. His color has nothing to do with it.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:02 PM   #66
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg
Word. Black people cant be part of the Morman Church...

yes they can don't spread ignorance. mormanism may be a crazy cult but black people can partake all they want. matter of fact there are large mormon sects in africa.

the mormons do beleive, however, that ancient black people known as laminites were spawned from satan and their black skin is a marker of that.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #67
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Utah chooses character players. Period. They would not even look at guys like Jackson because he is of low character. His color has nothing to do with it.

Agreed. I doubt you'd ever see Jason Williams playing for Utah. I could see Utah loving basically every single black player that plays for San Antonio. Why? They're all "character guys".

Yet no one *****es about them.

Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili might as well be considered "white". Oberto? White. Barry? White. Coach? White.

Am I missing anyone?

I don't recall seeing too many tattoos or dreadlocks in Spurs games.

Quote:
the mormons do beleive, however, that ancient black people known as nephites were spawned from satan and their black skin is a marker of that.

Actually if I recall, it was due to a split that occured in heaven between people who wanted to follow God and people that were persuaded by Satan. They were marked with dark skin to show that they had decided to follow Satan instead of God.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:07 PM   #68
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Agreed. I doubt you'd ever see Jason Williams playing for Utah. I could see Utah loving basically every single black player that plays for San Antonio. Why? They're all "character guys".

Yet no one *****es about them.

Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili might as well be considered "white". Oberto? White. Barry? White. Coach? White.

Am I missing anyone?

I don't recall seeing too many tattoos or dreadlocks in Spurs games.

Actually if I recall, it was due to a split that occured in heaven between people who wanted to follow God and people that were persuaded by Satan. They were marked with dark skin to show that they had decided to follow Satan instead of God.

something like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC7M0...&search=mormon

Last edited by final.wrath : 05-11-2007 at 09:10 PM.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:10 PM   #69
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers
How's that relevant in 2007?
this is a fairly recent document. Maybe mid 70's? Not gonna check cause I dont really care.

Never Mind June 8th, 1978. Not that long ago. My point people who were indoctrinated before then (most of the church leadership even till today) grew up in a culture of racial superiority (somewhat true of most of america).
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:11 PM   #70
vert48
Can You?

Quote:
the mormons do beleive, however, that ancient black people known as nephites were spawned from satan and their black skin is a marker of that.
This statement is so inaccurate that I will not even post a rebuttal. Whoever wrote this is needs to grow a second brain cell and check their source.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:12 PM   #71
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewwem22
More racism in Utah than any other state?

Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi.... Been to any of those states? I've lived in Utah AND Louisiana and the difference in the way me and my family were treated was huge. Utah may have some racist people, just like every state, but that statement is way off.
You live in SLC right? Go down to Green River or Mexican Hat
Old 05-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #72
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Those are racist states

Mississippi
Georga (lol at Atlanta being a state)
Lousiana
Texas
Alabama
Tennesee
Kentucky
Arkansas

Even add Texas and Forida
texas twice cmon now. Actually one fo the most racist places Ive ever lived (im primarily talking about institutionalized racism) was Chicago. I certainly do not think utah is more racist than most other places, jus tthat there is racisma nd it has some foundations in the LDS.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:15 PM   #73
vert48
Can You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
this is a fairly recent document. Maybe mid 70's? Not gonna check cause I dont really care.

Never Mind June 8th, 1978. Not that long ago. My point people who were indoctrinated before then (most of the church leadership even till today) grew up in a culture of racial superiority (somewhat true of most of america).
Mcconkie later said this about that subject:
"Forget everything I have said, or what ... Brigham Young ... or whomsoever has said ... that is contrary to the present revelation. We spoke with a limited understanding and without the light and knowledge that now has come into the world."
Old 05-11-2007, 09:16 PM   #74
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Town-Raised
First of all I am a Black Man.

Boozer and Williams are biracial. Because of slavery the average black man in America has 10-15% White Blood. Which would make Boozer and Williams around 60% White. Boozer appears to be a huge mix of Native, White, Spanish, European and Black. While Williams is more classical Biracial.

white and European? Poor Boozer. Trying to judge somebodies ethnic heritage based upon a few physical attrubutes can be incredibly misleading. You would call my Papau New Guinean friends black but you woul dbe wrong.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:19 PM   #75
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Mcconkie later said this about that subject:
"Forget everything I have said, or what ... Brigham Young ... or whomsoever has said ... that is contrary to the present revelation. We spoke with a limited understanding and without the light and knowledge that now has come into the world."
revelation = money in S Am, Samoa and Africa. Get real
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: