Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-11-2007, 09:01 PM   #46
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Default Re: Jackson accuses Utah fans of racial slurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Eh Mehmet Okur is Turkish, and I think most Americans would consider their local Turkish Gas owner an Arab rather then a white man. Even my dad who comes from Europe has been mistaken for an Arab because his name is Muhamet.

Second off, where the **** did you get 60% from? Was one of his parents 90% white and the other one 30% and you divided them up and got 60? Or were you just trying to post some rhetorical bullshyt that's been done hundreds of times, but yet fails to make sense because the majority of Utah's team are still considered Minorities..

Now say if Utah had a bunch of white american mormons on the team, then maybe you could make a case, but until then, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
no, not if he looked like memo. Turkey is a pretty damn diverse pennisula and has been for several thousand years.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:02 PM   #47
Fatal9
owwwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewwem22
First of all, the people that say Utah is like 95 percent white are just stupid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah#Demographics
^ These cited statistics are false then?
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #48
vert48
Can You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Blacks have always been allowed to members of the Mormon religion. However, there was something thing where they weren't allowed to have the priesthood. This is dispusted, however, and some claim that Joseph Smith had a black follower that he made gave the priesthood status to. I forget the guy's name.

At any rate, this happens in every single audience in the world. So, it's because their Mormon, huh? Is that why racial slurs are such a problem in soccer games in Europe? All those Mormons, huh?

Hey guys, remember when Mormons owned all those slaves? Or when they lynched all those black people in South? DAMN MORMONS!
Or when all those Mormons in Africa were selling other Mormons into slavery... Oh wait, that was blacks doing that. Never mind.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #49
Duck Rodgers
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
General Authority, Bruce R McConkie had said:

"The Blacks are denied the Priesthood; under no circumstances can they hold this delegation of authority from the Almighty.

The Negroes are not equal with other races where the receipt of certain blessings are concerned, particularly the priesthood and the temple blessings that flow there from, but this inequality is not of man's origin, it is the Lord's doings." (Mormon Doctrine, pp. 526-527).

How's that relevant in 2007?
Duck Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:06 PM   #50
Excentric
Banned

Can we all agree that they is more racism in Utah than any state however, it doesnt mean that everyone there is racist.
Excentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:07 PM   #51
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceVenturaPetDet
Stephen does not have credibility whatsoever, he's just trying to deflect the fact that his team is getting outplayed by Utah, he's a lying SOB and a thug.
Dude game 1, Utah barely survived. Game 2, they were at the mercy of 3 missed free throws. Baron Davis missing free throws is now Utah out working them. It's the Warriors blowing a game.
RoseCity07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:08 PM   #52
vert48
Can You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah#Demographics
^ These cited statistics are false then?
Those stats count Hispanics as white, so yeah, the numbers are being misrepresented.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:08 PM   #53
vert48
Can You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excentric
Can we all agree that they is more racism in Utah than any state however, it doesnt mean that everyone there is racist.
What are you basing that on?
Old 05-11-2007, 09:09 PM   #54
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Ever been down south to those states.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:09 PM   #55
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Quote:

More racism in Utah than any other state?

Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi.... Been to any of those states? I've lived in Utah AND Louisiana and the difference in the way me and my family were treated was huge. Utah may have some racist people, just like every state, but that statement is way off.

Last edited by Mewwem22 : 05-11-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:12 PM   #56
Fatal9
owwwww

Quote:

I was having fun with bashing Utah and all but that statement is ridiculous.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #57
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Those are racist states

Mississippi
Georga (lol at Atlanta being a state)
Lousiana
Texas
Alabama
Tennesee
Kentucky
Arkansas

Even add Texas and Forida
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:16 PM   #58
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Those are racist states

Mississippi
Georga (lol at Atlanta being a state)
Lousiana
Texas
Alabama
Tennesee
Kentucky
Arkansas

Even add Texas and Forida

lol. I changed it. I do know the difference between states and cities, trust me. I just wrote faster than i thought.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:19 PM   #59
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

all this utah bashing is reminding me of the hillbillies of the south
anyone seen those movies? incest families, and go down and u'll get eaten
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:26 PM   #60
D-Town-Raised
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Eh Mehmet Okur is Turkish, and I think most Americans would consider their local Turkish Gas owner an Arab rather then a white man. Even my dad who comes from Europe has been mistaken for an Arab because his name is Muhamet.

Second off, where the **** did you get 60% from? Was one of his parents 90% white and the other one 30% and you divided them up and got 60? Or were you just trying to post some rhetorical bullshyt that's been done hundreds of times, but yet fails to make sense because the majority of Utah's team are still considered Minorities..

Now say if Utah had a bunch of white american mormons on the team, then maybe you could make a case, but until then, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

First of all I am a Black Man.

Second Okur is a White Man. It doesn't matter what country he comes from. Most Russians are White Men. The fact that in the 80's some Americans would look down on them doesn't change the fact the were white men. Eastern Europeans may be looked down upon by some Americans but that doesn't change the fact that most are white men. Okur is an Eastern European White Man. AK 47 is a Russian White Man. Boozer and Williams are biracial. Because of slavery the average black man in America has 10-15% White Blood. Which would make Boozer and Williams around 60% White. Boozer appears to be a huge mix of Native, White, Spanish, European and Black. While Williams is more classical Biracial.

Racists will change their criteria in certain situations. Utah has always had a white coach and 4-6 white players. So racist fans will cheer for the black players to benefit the white members of the team. They would lose those fans if they had 15 Black Players and a Black Coach. I have watched ball for 20 years and I can't remember one time ever that the Jazz had 5 black players on the court at the same time not even in blowouts.

Change those 4 players to 2 white players and the fans would still cheer but would prefer a few players that they could say he is not really black but mixed. There is Williams and Boozer.

Change the team to all Black then the personalities and skin complextions of the members don't matter anymore. Then Boozer and Williams just become other Black Men.

Malone played with good White Players. A circumstance. Malone dressed like he was on the Oregan trail. A circumstance. Malone was a Republican. A circumstance.

Typical thinking is. He's okay because he is not like the others and we have white players on the team.

Mexicans and Asians are considered miniorities but racists will play favorites in certain situations.

Given a choice a racist will go like this.

I want a White American Majority.
If I must be diverse I will accept darker eastern Europeans
If I can't have that then I will accept Asians.
If I can't have that I will accept Mexicans.
If I can't have that I will accept Blacks but I prefer Biracial.

The personalities and the race of the minority do play factors.

Utah is no more racist then anywhere else but the bottom line is pure numbers. Their crowd is 99% white. This imboldens people. If the crowd was only 7% Black, people would be less likely to pop off simply out of having to deal with the consequences of dealing with someone in the crowd.
D-Town-Raised is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: