Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-12-2007, 04:01 AM   #31
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If You Were Commissioner...

Whats with all the 'No Flopping' suggestions. They're just playing the game. Not like its hurting anybody in the long run.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:40 AM   #32
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

For no apparent reason whatsoever I would just have to change the official NBA ball that has done no harm for over 30 years to make it composite textured..

And then resign because of a failed attempt to make stupid useless petty changes that dont benefit anyone.
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:23 AM   #33
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

First of all I'd shorten 2 things.

1) The shot clock. 20 seconds instead of 24. Players are a lot faster now 20 sec should be enough. 8 seconds for taking it through the backcourt is enough (or should be).

2) The season. 58 games. Play each team 2 times. That's it.

3) I'd get rid of the defensive 3 second rule.

4) I'd get rid of the circle (protected area)

5) I'd allow handchecking.

6) I'd get rid of guaranteed contracts and with that the salary cap, too.

7) I'd get rid of Mike Tirico and Tim Legler ASAP.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:44 AM   #34
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool

Ditto with the hand checking. I'd also get rid of some of the downright stupid reasons for techs (such as laughing, or yelling after a big dunk). At times it's a bigger joke than the Eurovision song contest
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:50 AM   #35
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stat2
Ditto with the hand checking. I'd also get rid of some of the downright stupid reasons for techs (such as laughing, or yelling after a big dunk). At times it's a bigger joke than the Eurovision song contest
Yeah taunting and trash talking should be allowed.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 08:03 AM   #36
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stat2

Do you happen to be watching Eurovision right now?
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 08:25 AM   #37
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
Do you happen to be watching Eurovision right now?
I saw the Polish singers try to be gangsters/Fergie/Eminem/whoever and slashed my wrists. Well, I didn't slash my wrists. But I did change the channel
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:35 AM   #38
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
First of all I'd shorten 2 things.

1) The shot clock. 20 seconds instead of 24. Players are a lot faster now 20 sec should be enough. 8 seconds for taking it through the backcourt is enough (or should be).
Backcourt already is 8 seconds.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:40 AM   #39
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

i would ban Bruce Bowen
strip Dirk off his MVP

and...

sign a deal with NBL and CBA to merge!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:45 PM   #40
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Backcourt already is 8 seconds.

Good. Then make the shot-clock expire at 20. It's more than enough.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:18 PM   #41
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

Get rid of college and make youth teams. Players sign with their teams after they graduate or if they want to drop out they may. They have youth teams from age 16 and on...This creates better development of players for the team and by the time they need them they will already be ready to go (hopefully). This makes more sense than college.

Create a two-tier leagues. The bottom league for the worser teams and the top league for better teams. Bottom three of top are relegated and top 3 of the bottom are promoted.

Also, I would just like to say that the 1-year college rule blows. People have a right-to-train.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:07 PM   #42
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

I would disallow ticky-tack fouls. All that stop and go in the games just drives me nuts.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #43
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

merit pay for predetermined stats for each individual player:

example,
for ray allen as the sonic scorer merit pay for shooting percentage/ppg
for wilcox: rebounds
for collison, hustle stats

we could set some goals at the beginning of the season. team gets a refund if the goals arent met

also, i like the idea of team-oriented bonuses for wins/playoffs/championship; can divide it up by percentage as to "importance to the team". some examples:

ray 25%
wilcox 15%
collison 10%
mike wilks 3%
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:21 PM   #44
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
merit pay for predetermined stats for each individual player:

example,
for ray allen as the sonic scorer merit pay for shooting percentage/ppg
for wilcox: rebounds
for collison, hustle stats

we could set some goals at the beginning of the season. team gets a refund if the goals arent met

also, i like the idea of team-oriented bonuses for wins/playoffs/championship; can divide it up by percentage as to "importance to the team". some examples:

ray 25%
wilcox 15%
collison 10%
mike wilks 3%
Are there any leagues in any sport that have (a) tried this and (b) been successful?
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #45
Fudge
FREE RUSS & BUDADIIII

Fudge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Ban the city of Dallas
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: