Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-29-2007, 09:08 PM   #31
Boxer99
I airball my layups

Boxer99 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Trading Kobe just may be the best option for the Lakers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
He's not saying trade Kobe. He wants Odom, Bynum, etc. to be traded and bring in some real help. If the Lakers don't want to do that or are unable to surround him with a good supporting cast then they might as well trade Kobe and give him a better shot at winning a title and at the same time rebuild with Bynum, draft picks, cap space, youth.
without Kobe the lakers wouldnt belong in the NBA, UCLA would be able to hang with the lakers if they wouldnt have Kobe. if u really believe trading Kobe is a good idea. then ure on crack too homie
Boxer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:11 PM   #32
tpcslj47
Kids at the park dunk on me

tpcslj47 has an OK reputation so far

They should have gotten Kidd for Bynum back when the offer was on the table. Would be beating the suns right now with Kidd IMO. And I'd still do it in the off season if they still can.
tpcslj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:12 PM   #33
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation

Bynum got worse after the trade rumours, Nets wouldnt do it now.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:16 PM   #34
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

You guys should NOT trade Kobe.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:17 PM   #35
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer99
without Kobe the lakers wouldnt belong in the NBA, UCLA would be able to hang with the lakers if they wouldnt have Kobe. if u really believe trading Kobe is a good idea. then ure on crack too homie
I don't believe that's a good idea. But apparently, this is what it's going to come down to since the Lakers think Odom and Bynum are untouchable. Like it or not, Kobe will be gone if the Lakers don't get significantly better.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:17 PM   #36
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

you can't trade Kobe, he has a no trade clause.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:49 AM   #37
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

I would say something crazy but I do believe the best thing for LA to do is to trade Kobe for Oden+filler(s) to match contract and maybe throw in some first or second round picks if possible. Once thats done, get rid of Bynum for a good and emerging all-star in his early 20's and then trade odom away because he's so injure proned. It might sound crazy and at all but in the long run it should work out.
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:53 AM   #38
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Yes please trade Kobe to the Bulls!!!
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:32 AM   #39
JeanPaulGaultier
I airball my layups

JeanPaulGaultier has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs down Re: Trading Kobe just may be the best option for the Lakers...

Yeah but how in the world are you gonna get anywhere near equal value for Kobe??? Seriously, who you gonna trade him for? And then these players you get back are gonna develop with the rest of this team, hope Odom gets some heart or Bynum stops playing scared, and somehow make the Lakers really good in the future? I just don't see it...
JeanPaulGaultier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:58 AM   #40
steadyfast96
Serious playground baller

steadyfast96 has an OK reputation so far

Despite the bad records and 1st round eliminations, I seriously think the Lakers are 1"fitting" player away from contention. I remember back in the day when Lakers had all the talent (Shaq, Eddie Jones, Van Exel, Kobe) but they kept getting swept from the playoffs. And then Phil comes along and they win 3 titles. I don't like the sound of trading the best player to rebuild, eventhough it might be good for the long run. I say get an inside presence NOW and soon we'll see these other role players start playing better. I say trade Lamar and Bynum for an All-star big man and a solid defensive PG. Make it happen, you'll see.
steadyfast96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:13 AM   #41
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

I think Gasol os the answer. But Grizzlies want youth if they trade him and most likey a trade exception and Bynum.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:16 AM   #42
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

PejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat cool

No, trading Kobe is a stupid idea at this point.

They should have done it years ago.....and kept Shaq. They would have gotten more value in return for Kobe, and putting Shaq with some other star would be a recipe for another potential title.

However, at this point, keeping Kobe is in the best interests of the Lakers, but they need to give the guy a vacation or something. For a year. They need to trade away Odom and as much as the rest of the roster as possible. Pick up expirers and some younger guys, with energy and athletic ability. Get rid of as many of the current guys as possible, and then, next season, just accept the fact that the team will suck horribly. Get a decent draft pick, get a top notch college players, use the cap space to sign one or two top tier free agents, bring Kobe back, and there you go, a potential title contender.

Yes there are chemistry issues, but Kobe is outstanding, he just needs some competent help around him, and in such a situation, the Lakers would quickly go from barely making the playoffs to becoming a serious contender.
PejaNowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:16 AM   #43
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
your scenario doesn't improve them. in fact, with odom for artest, they are worse.

You have no ****ing idea what you're talking about.
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:43 AM   #44
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberalo

The Kobe project has failed misserably so far.l
It's not Kobe's fault because he was never really given what he needs to succed but why beat a dead horse? If it isn't working, it isn't.
If the management wants to keep some players and risk Kobe's patience, why not trade him right away before he demands a trade himself or walks out in 2 years?

1: The organization didn't "fail" Kobe. Kobe wanted Shaq out. With Shaq at least they'd still be a 50 win team every year and won't be facing the Sun int he first round.

2: Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant, Vlade Divac around Kobe in 05. Not exactly a trash lineup.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:06 AM   #45
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
1: The organization didn't "fail" Kobe. Kobe wanted Shaq out. With Shaq at least they'd still be a 50 win team every year and won't be facing the Sun int he first round.

2: Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant, Vlade Divac around Kobe in 05. Not exactly a trash lineup.

Dude, you realize you're hating? Come on now.

1. That Kobe-Shaq issue was debated many times and yes, Kobe wanted to be the man according to what Phil wrote in his book but there's no evidence that Kobe ran Shaq out and it's not like Shaq or management aren't to blame for the whole fiasco. Why even bring that up.
Shaq was offered a huge extension, had a rocky relationship with the front office etc..and yet you only see the Kobe factor

2. Plain hating. Divac and Grant were no factor that year. Did they even average 3 ppg combined? 10 minutes a game combined?
Nice names but way past their prime. Like you include McKie as a part of Kobe's supporting cast right now.

Kobe-Lamar-Caron. You're right. That was a more talented squad than the one they have now. Point well taken.
Didn't work. Management needs to figure out why it didn't work.

But hey, they blamed injuries again. ****ing losers in that Lakers organization.
In all fairness, Arenas in Washington has even a more talented squad like that, more depth, more athleticism, defense and all and a more developed Caron and still they haven't won many games.

I'm certain that Odom and Jamison are the problem. But that's my opinion.

Your point is well taken though. That team had Kobe, Caron and Lamar and they unerachieved again.

You're a Kobe ***** and will put all the blame on Kobe so why I'm I even writing this?
At least prove that you're somewhat rational or something.
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: