Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: The 76ers officially trade 2 second round-picks for ISH Smith

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Why the hell is Nik Stauskas getting that shot? Dude is scoreless. I swear this fcking franchise is taking tanking seriously
    Great loss though...played well and lost. Exactly what the Sixers want.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Why the hell is Nik Stauskas getting that shot? Dude is scoreless. I swear this fcking franchise is taking tanking seriously
    Ok really...we could mention that Kobe is playing for the lakers and he's god ****ing awful.

But really the bulls post jordan was were a far far far far worse tanker and nobody said shit.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Yep. They are in another game right now...Brown gets them to play really hard every night as well.

There is a real danger of them winning more than the Lakers.

And that would be the ultimate disaster...waste 2 picks and lose out on the best odds for the first pick and have worse odds of keeping the Lakers pick.

Ugh...what a nightmare scenario that would be.
    Honestly love their coach. He's going to be great. That team is honestly NOT terrible to watch as much as people who don't watch them say otherwise.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    Honestly love their coach. He's going to be great. That team is honestly NOT terrible to watch as much as people who don't watch them say otherwise.
    I look forward to watching their games sometimes to see them play hard, no joke.

There's something endearing about the team and you add in the FO's strategy and the result is a recipe that fascinates me.

These are the kinds of losses that are good for the Sixers, if that makes sense. Stay competitive, give your guys confidence, and lose it down the stretch. Once Okafor returns, I think it'll help the tank. His D is bad enough that playing him 25-30mpg will make it tougher for them to win (any rookie, let alone a big, is going to struggle at times and is to be expected).

I hope for the 76ers' future sake that they get the #1 pick this year. They need a bone thrown their way by not having a team jump them again.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

You are under-rating the value of good 2nd round picks around the league. Draymond Green was just recently a 2nd round pick. They aren't close to worthless at all.

Like I just said...the only way this trade can be defended is if the plan is to pump and dump Noel this summer.

Now, I'd still say I don't like it because that is an overpay for Ish and I'd rather make a bigger move than trash 2 good 2nd rounders just to pump and dump a player.

Seems shortsighted and lacking of equal value...even if that is the plan.
    If the Sixers were short on picks over the next few years I would be inclined to agree with that. However they have potentially four first round picks this year and for every Draymond Green there are a plenty of dudes who will never get past a summer league roster. I don't think it's defended by dumping Noel this summer. The team just plays better with him on the floor. They need to move the ball and need someone who can get guys their shots where they need them. Yes it's a somewhat of an overpay but we're talking about a team stacked with picks, not the Nets. Hinkie made a mistake and hopefully having to give up two picks for Ish Smith (which is mind boggling of course) will make him rethink his Morey thought process next time. Even with Marshall, there was literally no good reason not to keep Smith. He was so far from cost prohibitive it was a joke. There was no reason other than he wanted to be slick and out think himself. So Hinkie can suck it on this one and take an L.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    If the Sixers were short on picks over the next few years I would be inclined to agree with that. However they have potentially four first round picks this year and for every Draymond Green there are a plenty of dudes who will never get past a summer league roster. I don't think it's defended by dumping Noel this summer. The team just plays better with him on the floor. They need to move the ball and need someone who can get guys their shots where they need them. Yes it's a somewhat of an overpay but we're talking about a team stacked with picks, not the Nets. Hinkie made a mistake and hopefully having to give up two picks for Ish Smith (which is mind boggling of course) will make him rethink his Morey thought process next time. Even with Marshall, there was literally no good reason not to keep Smith. He was so far from cost prohibitive it was a joke. There was no reason other than he wanted to be slick and out think himself. So Hinkie can suck it on this one and take an L.

You seem to be arguing a different point.

We all agree that Ish makes them better. Anyone that followed them last year knows this.

We also all agree that Hinkie messed up by not just keeping him last season...although the Marshall injury has to be mentioned.

However, what we...or at least I am saying is that Ish isn't worth 2 good 2nd round picks regardless. It doesn't matter that they have a ton of picks. I'll say it again...you can trade them! You don't have to keep them. The Sixers are clearly going to have make a big trade at some point anyway. Being able to include 2 really good 2nd round picks is never a bad thing...especially with how the sell is easy right now by just referencing Draymond Green.

The trade makes little sense regardless of the trade scenarios though. Because Noel plus 2 good 2nd rounders is simply going to get more than an improved Noel because of Ish. Well, unless other teams are even dumber. But I don't think they are going to trade Noel regardless...or I should say...I don't think Hinkie would want to.

That is the real problem...Hinkie was making his "own meal" and he's been working on it for 3 years...and just as a lot of his work was going to start really paying off...they brought in two new cooks to change it.

And that is a really bad idea in my opinion. I don't think it's bad to add some respected voices, but this trade is not a good sign. It's not the kind of move the Sixers should be making.

Is it the end of the world? Of course not...and if they end up keeping Ish on a decent deal to be a 3rd guard ultimately type player...it's even better.

However, if Ish were to leave again...and they ended up jumping the Lakers...it would be an utter disaster.

Lose 2 picks for nothing, then screw yourselves on your own pick and keeping the Lakers picks.

This reminds me of the Magic situation a few years ago. I was screaming about how stupid it was to keep Afflalo on that team throughout the 14 season...because what was the upside? He's adding wins you don't want and his value decreases in trades as he gets close to an expiring contract.

The responses were that the lottery is all luck, but not only is his false, you are in control of giving yourself better odds. Yes, of course, a team can just get lucky, but that isn't how one should at life or business. You want to give yourself the best odds to get what you want..one can control that. Just because you can get lucky or unlucky does not mean that somehow devalues making +EV decisions.

So, yea...the Sixers could leapfrog the Lakers and still get the first pick, but that isn't a +EV move. They are hurting their chances by doing so.

I bring that up because this team is not the Sixers team of the future. It's going to added to dramatically, people will get traded...it's just not the "young core" of the future Sixers. If it were...then doing stuff like this makes more sense as the picks become less valuable than building chemistry and learning how to win together do. So just like Afflalo wasn't part of the core moving forward...it was stupid to keep him for a whole year when all he does is add wins and hurt his own trade value by only being able to play in 1 playoffs...rather than 2 before he expires.

This stuff is complicated and requires a lot of thought...if anyone is just looking at a trade in these scenarios as..."what makes this team better right now"...that is a rather big mistake in my opinion. Especially as far down the road as the Sixers currently are in the process.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 12-29-2015 at 10:11 AM.

You seem to be arguing a different point.

We all agree that Ish makes them better. Anyone that followed them last year knows this.

We also all agree that Hinkie messed up by not just keeping him last season...although the Marshall injury has to be mentioned.

However, what we...or at least I am saying is that Ish isn't worth 2 good 2nd round picks regardless. It doesn't matter that they have a ton of picks. I'll say it again...you can trade them! You don't have to keep them. The Sixers are clearly going to have make a big trade at some point anyway. Being able to include 2 really good 2nd round picks is never a bad thing...especially with how the sell is easy right now by just referencing Draymond Green.

The trade makes little sense regardless of the trade scenarios though. Because Noel plus 2 good 2nd rounders is simply going to get more than an improved Noel because of Ish. Well, unless other teams are even dumber. But I don't think they are going to trade Noel regardless...or I should say...I don't think Hinkie would want to.

That is the real problem...Hinkie was making his "own meal" and he's been working on it for 3 years...and just as a lot of his work was going to start really paying off...they brought in two new cooks to change it.

And that is a really bad idea in my opinion. I don't think it's bad to add some respected voices, but this trade is not a good sign. It's not the kind of move the Sixers should be making.

Is it the end of the world? Of course not...and if they end up keeping Ish on a decent deal to be a 3rd guard ultimately type player...it's even better.

However, if Ish were to leave again...and they ended up jumping the Lakers...it would be an utter disaster.

Lose 2 picks for nothing, then screw yourselves on your own pick and keeping the Lakers picks.

This reminds me of the Magic situation a few years ago. I was screaming about how stupid it was to keep Afflalo on that team throughout the 14 season...because what was the upside? He's adding wins you don't want and his value decreases in trades as he gets close to an expiring contract.

The responses were that the lottery is all luck, but not only is his false, you are in control of giving yourself better odds. Yes, of course, a team can just get lucky, but that isn't how one should at life or business. You want to give yourself the best odds to get what you want..one can control that. Just because you can get lucky or unlucky does not mean that somehow devalues making +EV decisions.

So, yea...the Sixers could leapfrog the Lakers and still get the first pick, but that isn't a +EV move. They are hurting their chances by doing so.

I bring that up because this team is not the Sixers team of the future. It's going to added to dramatically, people will get traded...it's just not the "young core" of the future Sixers. If it were...then doing stuff like this makes more sense as the picks become less valuable than building chemistry and learning how to win together do. So just like Afflalo wasn't part of the core moving forward...it was stupid to keep him for a whole year when all he does is add wins and hurt his own trade value by only being able to play in 1 playoffs...rather than 2 before he expires.

This stuff is complicated and requires a lot of thought...if anyone is just looking at a trade in these scenarios as..."what makes this team better right now"...that is a rather big mistake in my opinion. Especially as far down the road as the Sixers currently are in the process.
    I agree with everything you're saying but I just don't care. I don't care because weather they are trying to make Noel look better to trade him or they just want him to play better, I don't care. I understand what you mean about not trading picks but sometimes you have to say "situation x is worth two picks to me for this reason." Also, I am waiting to see what this move means for Hinkie. It could be that Colangelo/MDA made this move happen or it could be that Hinkie said "shit I ****ed up and I need to make up for this mistake because I need to show my bosses that I'm willing to admit a mistake", I really don't know. I have a hard time thinking that he will end up leaving if he gets time in philly becuase he's never really played much anywhere at all. I'm also not worrying about their record. They suck, and being the worst doesn't guarantee you the best pick. Historically it doesn't even happen very often. I have no desire to "win now" and know this isn't the team of the future. None of this is complicated to me at all. Also, Ish Smith hardly will turn any team into a win now team, even this awful excuse for a team. I agree that this could be a bad sign in terms of speeding up hinkies process. Maybe it's just making up for a mistake or maybe it is the end of the process and that is something I would think is a grave mistake. In another thread I complained about Hinkie a little and said that while I believe in what he was doing, I felt that this year had been a disaster and that he was ruining relationships in the league and he should have kept smith. ThT needed some damage control and maybe this is it and nothing more. I'm ok with losing those picks and I suspect that he will take on some salary and get one of them back or something more. The season isn't over and I'm willing to reserve judgement on all of it until I can see more.

I agree with everything you're saying but I just don't care. I don't care because weather they are trying to make Noel look better to trade him or they just want him to play better, I don't care. I understand what you mean about not trading picks but sometimes you have to say "situation x is worth two picks to me for this reason." Also, I am waiting to see what this move means for Hinkie. It could be that Colangelo/MDA made this move happen or it could be that Hinkie said "shit I ****ed up and I need to make up for this mistake because I need to show my bosses that I'm willing to admit a mistake", I really don't know. I have a hard time thinking that he will end up leaving if he gets time in philly becuase he's never really played much anywhere at all. I'm also not worrying about their record. They suck, and being the worst doesn't guarantee you the best pick. Historically it doesn't even happen very often. I have no desire to "win now" and know this isn't the team of the future. None of this is complicated to me at all. Also, Ish Smith hardly will turn any team into a win now team, even this awful excuse for a team. I agree that this could be a bad sign in terms of speeding up hinkies process. Maybe it's just making up for a mistake or maybe it is the end of the process and that is something I would think is a grave mistake. In another thread I complained about Hinkie a little and said that while I believe in what he was doing, I felt that this year had been a disaster and that he was ruining relationships in the league and he should have kept smith. ThT needed some damage control and maybe this is it and nothing more. I'm ok with losing those picks and I suspect that he will take on some salary and get one of them back or something more. The season isn't over and I'm willing to reserve judgement on all of it until I can see more.

Yea, but that is kind of my point. You either see a long term plan through like this or you don't. In life, business, management, investing...a large reason a lot of long term plans/ideas don't work is because people lack the patience and perseverance to see it through.

I'm not saying any trade was a bad idea. I just don't think this trade was a good trade. It's certainly not the worst trade ever...and it likely will be kind of a non event, but it's more about the philosophy of the move.

We all know Okafor and Noel won't work together long term. We also all know the Sixers are going to have to trade some of their picks (like they just did) in the coming years as there won't be enough rosters spots assuming they actually use some cap room and sign some free agents (which is a lock now with Mike/Jerry)...

So...why not put together a bigger package and get something real that isn't a backup pg at best that might be gone in 6 months?

I know it's been a rough 2.5 years now, but it was part of the plan...and this was the year in which you really have the chance to see the huge benefit...and next year as well depending on how picks convey.

Like I said...huge mistake? Nah, just a bad trade. The real trick is going to be figuring out what to do with Okafor and Noel...and then proceed by building a solid team by adding some free agents this summer imo.

In my opinion, Noel is the guy to keep. I think someone made the comparison to Tyson earlier...he's certainly a good comp offensively...having a good screen setter and hard rolling big that has the potential to be pretty versatile defensively is better suited for where the game is going.

I can see an elite offense and defense with Noel playing 35 minutes a game in the future.

It's hard for me to envision an elite defense with Okafor playing 35 minutes a game...and I don't think his offense is good enough to make up for that...well, unless he were to add a 3 point shot.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 12-29-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Yea, but that is kind of my point. You either see a long term plan through like this or you don't. In life, business, management, investing...a large reason a lot of long term plans/ideas don't work is because people lack the patience and perseverance to see it through.

I'm not saying any trade was a bad idea. I just don't think this trade was a good trade. It's certainly not the worst trade ever...and it likely will be kind of a non event, but it's more about the philosophy of the move.

We all know Okafor and Noel won't work together long term. We also all know the Sixers are going to have to trade some of their picks (like they just did) in the coming years as there won't be enough rosters spots assuming they actually use some cap room and sign some free agents (which is a lock now with Mike/Jerry)...

So...why not put together a bigger package and get something real that isn't a backup pg at best that might be gone in 6 months?

I know it's been a rough 2.5 years now, but it was part of the plan...and this was the year in which you really have the chance to see the huge benefit...and next year as well depending on how picks convey.

Like I said...huge mistake? Nah, just a bad trade. The real trick is going to be figuring out what to do with Okafor and Noel...and then proceed by building a solid team by adding some free agents this summer imo.

In my opinion, Noel is the guy to keep. I think someone made the comparison to Tyson earlier...he's certainly a good comp offensively...having a good screen setter and hard role big that has the potential to be pretty versatile defensively is better suited for where the game is going.

I can see an elite offense and defense with Noel playing 35 minutes a game in the future.

It's hard for me to envision an elite defense with Okafor playing 35 minutes a game...and I don't think his offense is good enough to make up for that...well, unless he were to add a 3 point shot.
    I agree that you keep Noel, you don't have to sell me. I think Okafor was a bad pick. In fact, for all his analytics, I don't really find myself wowed with Hinkies drafting. What he is great at is stockpiling picks and winning in trades. I've not seen much evidence that he's a great drafter. Not to say that he's awful, he's just pretty average at that to me. I don't see any point to drafting Okafor. You either trade back and grab Mudiay, or draft Porzingis there. For all of the scouting Hinkie does, I'm frustrated that he missed on Porzingis. Anyway, what im saying is that I dunno how much a deviation from the plan this is. Maybe it is maybe it isn't. We're going to have to wait and see. It's important that you don't adhere to something to a fault. Maybe he did say "oh shit I ****ed up I had better overpay a little now to show that I can admit when I'm wrong" or whatever. Nothing is perfect ever. Sometimes you mess up. This dude is a first time GM and maybe this is Colangelo or maybe it's just him making a mistake. I would be extremely disappointed if colangelo and Harris decided to derail the rebuild right now. The thing is, shit did kind of go sideways this year and something needed to be done. If giving up two seconds for Ish Smith ends up being the worst thing that happens in this rebuild, I'll take it. Back to okafor for a second. I don't see how that pick makes sense. He's never going to be fast and never going to become a great rebounder or defender. So in taking him you're not really going to be able to increase his value. To me, the more he plays, the less that he seems valuable. And now with his off the court billshit (which in reality to me is meaningless becuase he's a kid) his value is low. So again, I'd rather risk with Mudiay who may end up being awful but he at least has the potential to be a great defender and pretty good scorer. Much better risk and investment to me. He's not really my kind of PG but he fits with the new style of PG. I'd rather have him than okafor and certainly would rather have Porzingis.

Decent college freshman

I think Philly messed up drafting Okafor in terms of roster construction. Porzingis or trading down further would have been the right move imo. The combo of KP and Noel on defense provides a ton of length and rim protection. Not to mention they'd work on O. However, Philly couldn't trot out such a bad PG rotation since KP gets more spoondfed than Okafor by quite a bit.

The good news for Philly is that Skal is looking a lot worse than Jah did in college, Bender can't come over for 2 years, and Simmons is a lock for a top 2 pick right now. So, this draft is short on high end big man prospects. Ellenson could be good, but is slated at #8 on DX right now. Maybe Okafor's value will be really high on draft night.

DMAVS41 mentioned this earlier, but Philly should have a clue as to whether they want NN or Okafor long term. Even if they want Nerlens, they may as well keep bringing him off the bench in hopes of boosting Okafor's value. Okafor isn't as conducive to winning as NN right now, so he helps the tank and racks up counting stats to make himself look better than he actually is. Okafor has better hands & touch right now than NN, so maybe running PnR with Smith could help him get easy buckets.

This has been 2 games against struggling teams, but Noel is shooting 14-16 from the field while playing majority of his mins with Ish Smith. His TS% is up like 35 percentage points (unsustainable for sure). Smith is a 3rd string NBA PG. If Philly lands a high level perimeter playmaker via draft/trade/FA, Noel would look a whole lot better on offense on a more consistent basis.

This trade certainly helped perk up Noel, which they really needed to do. Even if you want him long term, you need to give him confidence and reignite his desire. I would prefer to have ensured he had a suitable, healthy PnR partner over the summer and they gave up too much for a guy like Smith.

I do think though this means that they could end the year with 2 really desirable big man prospects going into a draft perceived as weak in quantity of high end talent. Who knows which players are disgruntled over the summer and want out- Philly will be 1st in line for any player not named DMC.

I agree that you keep Noel, you don't have to sell me. I think Okafor was a bad pick. In fact, for all his analytics, I don't really find myself wowed with Hinkies drafting. What he is great at is stockpiling picks and winning in trades. I've not seen much evidence that he's a great drafter. Not to say that he's awful, he's just pretty average at that to me. I don't see any point to drafting Okafor. You either trade back and grab Mudiay, or draft Porzingis there. For all of the scouting Hinkie does, I'm frustrated that he missed on Porzingis. Anyway, what im saying is that I dunno how much a deviation from the plan this is. Maybe it is maybe it isn't. We're going to have to wait and see. It's important that you don't adhere to something to a fault. Maybe he did say "oh shit I ****ed up I had better overpay a little now to show that I can admit when I'm wrong" or whatever. Nothing is perfect ever. Sometimes you mess up. This dude is a first time GM and maybe this is Colangelo or maybe it's just him making a mistake. I would be extremely disappointed if colangelo and Harris decided to derail the rebuild right now. The thing is, shit did kind of go sideways this year and something needed to be done. If giving up two seconds for Ish Smith ends up being the worst thing that happens in this rebuild, I'll take it. Back to okafor for a second. I don't see how that pick makes sense. He's never going to be fast and never going to become a great rebounder or defender. So in taking him you're not really going to be able to increase his value. To me, the more he plays, the less that he seems valuable. And now with his off the court billshit (which in reality to me is meaningless becuase he's a kid) his value is low. So again, I'd rather risk with Mudiay who may end up being awful but he at least has the potential to be a great defender and pretty good scorer. Much better risk and investment to me. He's not really my kind of PG but he fits with the new style of PG. I'd rather have him than okafor and certainly would rather have Porzingis.
    I agree it's not a big deal overall. But it's bad enough to mention...considering the state of the team.

That is the kind of deal you make when you are a contender looking to solidify the roster imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    I think Philly messed up drafting Okafor in terms of roster construction. Porzingis or trading down further would have been the right move imo. The combo of KP and Noel on defense provides a ton of length and rim protection. Not to mention they'd work on O. However, Philly couldn't trot out such a bad PG rotation since KP gets more spoondfed than Okafor by quite a bit.

The good news for Philly is that Skal is looking a lot worse than Jah did in college, Bender can't come over for 2 years, and Simmons is a lock for a top 2 pick right now. So, this draft is short on high end big man prospects. Ellenson could be good, but is slated at #8 on DX right now. Maybe Okafor's value will be really high on draft night.

DMAVS41 mentioned this earlier, but Philly should have a clue as to whether they want NN or Okafor long term. Even if they want Nerlens, they may as well keep bringing him off the bench in hopes of boosting Okafor's value. Okafor isn't as conducive to winning as NN right now, so he helps the tank and racks up counting stats to make himself look better than he actually is. Okafor has better hands & touch right now than NN, so maybe running PnR with Smith could help him get easy buckets.

This has been 2 games against struggling teams, but Noel is shooting 14-16 from the field while playing majority of his mins with Ish Smith. His TS% is up like 35 percentage points (unsustainable for sure). Smith is a 3rd string NBA PG. If Philly lands a high level perimeter playmaker via draft/trade/FA, Noel would look a whole lot better on offense on a more consistent basis.

This trade certainly helped perk up Noel, which they really needed to do. Even if you want him long term, you need to give him confidence and reignite his desire. I would prefer to have ensured he had a suitable, healthy PnR partner over the summer and they gave up too much for a guy like Smith.

I do think though this means that they could end the year with 2 really desirable big man prospects going into a draft perceived as weak in quantity of high end talent. Who knows which players are disgruntled over the summer and want out- Philly will be 1st in line for any player not named DMC.
    I can't wait til okafor is gone and the pick just made no sense. Although Noel will never be a 20ppg scorer, alongside someone like Embiid, he would look good on both sides of the ball.

I really don't see how you can fool anyone into thinking that Okafor is anything other than what he is and to me his value was highest on draft day and it has only gone down since then.

I'm not interested in Skal or any other big man. I would prefer a guard if Simmons isn't available. I'll just let the NCAA season play out and see who plays their way into the lottery. This is a very thin draft so far so we'll just have to wait and see.

I can't wait til okafor is gone and the pick just made no sense. Although Noel will never be a 20ppg scorer, alongside someone like Embiid, he would look good on both sides of the ball.

I really don't see how you can fool anyone into thinking that Okafor is anything other than what he is and to me his value was highest on draft day and it has only gone down since then.

I'm not interested in Skal or any other big man. I would prefer a guard if Simmons isn't available. I'll just let the NCAA season play out and see who plays their way into the lottery. This is a very thin draft so far so we'll just have to wait and see.
    Some team will give up something of note for Okafor...especially if the Sixers include another pick or something.

If Okafor was in this draft...he'd definitely be a top 5 pick imo....so it's not, by any means, crazy to get something real back for him...especially in terms of picks and or a young player.

Decent college freshman

Some team will give up something of note for Okafor...especially if the Sixers include another pick or something.

If Okafor was in this draft...he'd definitely be a top 5 pick imo....so it's not, by any means, crazy to get something real back for him...especially in terms of picks and or a young player.
    He'd be #4 at worst right now imo based on how his college season played out. Simmons & Ingram would probably be 1/2. After that, you have Bender/Brown/Skal/Murray/etc, which all are underwhelming right now.

There's plenty of time for those guys to turn it around, but the drop off after Simmons/Ingram/Bender (if you like him) is pretty big.

I'd package Okafor + pick + even take back some contract to land one of Simmons/Ingram. If Philly, between its own pick and a trade package, lands both Simmons & Ingram, the process is a big success. That's a huge haul, especially if a trade for an established star never works out.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    He'd be #4 at worst right now imo based on how his college season played out. Simmons & Ingram would probably be 1/2. After that, you have Bender/Brown/Skal/Murray/etc, which all are underwhelming right now.

There's plenty of time for those guys to turn it around, but the drop off after Simmons/Ingram/Bender (if you like him) is pretty big.

I'd package Okafor + pick + even take back some contract to land one of Simmons/Ingram. If Philly, between its own pick and a trade package, lands both Simmons & Ingram, the process is a big success. That's a huge haul, especially if a trade for an established star never works out.
    I doubt the Sixers can land Simmons with just Okafor and a pick...even if it's a good one.

Whether it's accurate or not...Simmons is being treated as a Lebron/Durant type prospect.

Ingram might be had depending on what happens, but he he is trending well it seems.

Love the idea though...that is what I would do. Throw Okafor and a first rounder trying to get into the top 3 of this draft.

Hopefully the Sixers just get the first pick on their own...tell everyone they are taking Simmons for sure. Then see what they can get for Okafor.

I actually like both Dunn and Murray...

If they came away from this draft with Simmons and turned Okafor into Dunn or Murray and a young player. It's great and everything makes sense. Add a couple free agents that make sense roster wise...start trying to win games and progress....like we talked about.

Jaylen Brown is nice as well...
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 12-29-2015 at 04:28 PM.