Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-28-2007, 02:32 AM   #16
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Default Re: Much Respect to the Golden State Warriors

GS fo life!!!

I'm still kind of shocked.... been a Warrior fan for a long time and not used to them being in the Playoffs. Now they are pushing the #1Mavs?

Craziness.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:42 AM   #17
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

I thought GS would probably win but I did never expect a blowout like this. Unbelievable.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:59 AM   #18
nbapoints
Decent playground baller

Warriors are much better than most think.

The Mavs can still win but the Warriors defense will be difference I think. I said that before game one because their defense is the best I have seen any Warrior team play since the mid 70s. pretty soon people will see this. Don Nelson teams can play defense with the right players.

I couldn't believe it when espn analyst Greg Anthony said at halftime:

Quote:
The Warriors forced a lot of turnovers, something they aren't known for.

The Warriors lead the league in steals, are third in blocks and cause many turnovers. This defense is as explosive as the offense. As Bill Walton said during the game:
Quote:
Because you give up a lot of points doesn't mean you have a bad defense, just as because you don't give up a lot of points means you have a good defense.

Because the Warriors shoot so quickly the other team will of course have more shots themselves and score more points. But if you are winning by 10 to 20 points a night the defense is probably going to be actually pretty damn good. Some of the analysts got to catch up on this fact, the Warriors can play defense very well.
nbapoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:00 AM   #19
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Best thing about tonights game in Oakland....we got free shirts!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:05 AM   #20
P-Forty21

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Best thing about tonights game in Oakland....we got free shirts!!!
I think every single person in the oracle was wearing those yellow shirts.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:11 AM   #21
Sneakerpro
I hit open 5-footers

If they were playing ANY other team other Dallas I would be rooting for them so tough.

Hell I lost $20 last year because I bet they would make the playoffs.
Sneakerpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 05:21 AM   #22
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

GS Warriors will win this one all of the Warriors play their hearts out. Davis, Ellis, Biendris, Barnes, Jackson, Pietrus and Richardson are alot better than the Dallas Mavericks who are build to self destruct.

Series will be ove and i can see the Warriors taking this series 4-2.
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:45 AM   #23
wally_world
M0derator

thank you Don nelson!!!!!!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:48 AM   #24
jasonterry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
Agreed, Dirk has not played well at all in these playoffs. He needs to step up on this big stage or he'll lose the MVP race and more importantly this series.

I don't see how it's his fault. his teammates outside of terry in game 2 have given him nothing and the perimeter defense has been terrible. devin harris has been awful as has stackhouse and the entire bench
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:50 AM   #25
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

Just exciting to watch them play. I honestly thought Dallas would win this pretty easily but Dirk has disappeared. Don Nelson is dictating tempo and Dallas just can't play that style.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:55 AM   #26
c_az_a
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbapoints
Warriors are much better than most think.

The Mavs can still win but the Warriors defense will be difference I think. I said that before game one because their defense is the best I have seen any Warrior team play since the mid 70s. pretty soon people will see this. Don Nelson teams can play defense with the right players.

I couldn't believe it when espn analyst Greg Anthony said at halftime:

The Warriors lead the league in steals, are third in blocks and cause many turnovers. This defense is as explosive as the offense. As Bill Walton said during the game:

Because the Warriors shoot so quickly the other team will of course have more shots themselves and score more points. But if you are winning by 10 to 20 points a night the defense is probably going to be actually pretty damn good. Some of the analysts got to catch up on this fact, the Warriors can play defense very well.

Damn right, it's not about points allowed that makes you the best defensive team in the league. Look at Memphis from years back, they were in the top five of points allowed, only because they played a slow tempo style of basketball. Don Nelson makes his guys play intensity on both ends. It was harder in Dallas years back when you had defenders of the likes of Nash/Nowitzki. If you give Nash a shot blocker inside during those years, he can allow his opponent to beat him only for that guy to meet the SWOT.
c_az_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:11 AM   #27
obonpaxis
Decent playground baller

The opposing teams fg% is way more telling than simply looking at the total points the opposing team has actually scored. Teams like GS and Phoenix frequently fire away with 15 seconds or more left on the shot clock. Even if their opponents are held to less than 40% shooting, they're still likely score more than 90 per game because they're getting more time to jack their own shots up.

Van Gundy's squads always get props for being tough defenders, but keep in mind that he likes his ball handlers to milk like 20 seconds off the damn clock (although he's lightened up a bit this year thank God).

If GS wins this series, it's gonna be hard for other teams to slow down the pace.

On preview, what c_az_a said.
obonpaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:17 AM   #28
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

I'm ready to forget the Wizards entirely. the Warriors play as a unit, they have the greatest fans I've ever seen (honestly if I were in the building I don't think I could hear myself think, you think the Wizards get that? no way), and I don't think I've ever seen a group of guys in the NBA play as hard as they do. they're EVERYWHERE. It really is like they're playing 6 on 5.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:27 AM   #29
DCL
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
they have the greatest fans I've ever seen (honestly if I were in the building I don't think I could hear myself think, you think the Wizards get that? no way),

when you finally make the playoffs after 13 long years, it's going to generate excitement in any city. the crowd did seem nuts. they were even going bonkers after a made free throw.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:28 AM   #30
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

The way they are playing, I fully expect the Warriors to beat the Mavericks in 6 games. Don Nelson taught Avery everything he knows about coaching, and Nelson knows what the Mavericks are gonna do before they do.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: