Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-27-2007, 11:44 AM   #16
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Arenas over Bron for Live Cover...

I don't care about who is on the cover, you know Live in other countries have different players on them, like in France, they have TP and Diaw.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:39 PM   #17
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Good for Arenas, finaly getting some recognition.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:15 PM   #18
Sean77
High School JV MVP

Sean77 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
NBA Live is hardly a curse the last couple years.

Wade's on it, wins the championship. McGrady's on it, the Rockets are a serious threat to go deep.

Arenas wins it...?

Arenas on it, perhaps we can actually have a 100% injury-free season for once. That's been our #1 killer for years.
Sean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:32 PM   #19
Flightposite
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Flightposite has an OK reputation so far

Haha, he doesn't even like Live.

carter grant, New York: Do you play nba live 2006

Gilbert Arenas: No. I play NBA2K. It's real, the NBA2K. The other one, now...it's too fake.

That was from one of those NBA.com Q&A things where players answer chat questions or emails or whatever.

http://www.nba.com/wizards/chat/aren...pt_112105.html
Flightposite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:29 PM   #20
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
I doubt EA "chose" Gilbert or anyone else over Lebron. Lebron must be holding out for some insane amount of money to lend his face to one of these games. Big scorers and high flyers are who sell games - that's who kids want to pretend to be.

If I was 2k though, I would look to sign Nash at this point. It'd be a way to play up the fact that Live is an arcadey superstar oriented game, and 2k is a realistic sim. A pass-first point guard is a good symbol for a sim game. Duncan would be another great way to convey that, but he'd probably sell fewer copies.

That's exactly it. A buddy of mine worked on that game with EA and told me that they offered Bron $15,000 for the cover and Bron wanted $30,000. They gave the cover to Wade instead. Of course this was a couple of years ago.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:59 PM   #21
Penny4MVP2k
I hit open 5-footers

Penny4MVP2k has an OK reputation so far

Knowing Arenas, he probably sabotaged Bron's negotiations with EA by sneaking into Bron's house and uplugging his alarm clock the day prior to the deal.

Then the next day, he "conveniently" bumped into EA's CEO.
Penny4MVP2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:03 PM   #22
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

why would they pick Gil?? He's too busy prediction 50 point games and losin to the Cavs every year in the playoffs...he shoulda predicted that back 2 back years... i like Gil and all but i should be Lebron or Chris Bosh..No Kobe b/c Kobe signed wit NBA: The life series for cover boy
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:10 PM   #23
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm glad it isn't Bron. No EA curse for us (though, I don't think it really applies to NBA Live as much as Madden).
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:00 PM   #24
ACCBaller1403
Washed up streetballer

ACCBaller1403 has decent reputationACCBaller1403 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by STelfair31
why would they pick Gil?? He's too busy prediction 50 point games and losin to the Cavs every year in the playoffs...he shoulda predicted that back 2 back years... i like Gil and all but i should be Lebron or Chris Bosh..No Kobe b/c Kobe signed wit NBA: The life series for cover boy

Every year? You mean last year? One year? Maybe you haven't noticed but he's not playing this series. He's 1/2 for 50 point game predictions. Not bad considering 90% of the NBA couldn't put up a 50 point game, prediction or not.

Good for Gil but I really wish he was on 2K's cover. Much better game and one of my favorite players. I've had to deal with Shaq's ugly mug on the cover the past 2 years.
ACCBaller1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:09 PM   #25
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
That's exactly it. A buddy of mine worked on that game with EA and told me that they offered Bron $15,000 for the cover and Bron wanted $30,000. They gave the cover to Wade instead. Of course this was a couple of years ago.
WTF are those figures supposed to mean? $15 million? $1.5 million? I don't get it. Obviously they didn't offer a guy who makes $30 million per year $15,000 like you typed.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:19 PM   #26
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
Do you think someone like Dirk or Nash ever get any consideration?

just seems funny that they are the "supposed" most valuable players in the league yet they can't get their face on a game cover. Mind you, i guess it all comes down to marketability.

Dirk and Nash don't get the cover mainly because they're international players, and in the U.S., EA Sports is marketing it in the country. EA Sports' NBA Live version is supposedly Canadian so I can see Nash perhaps getting it, but not Dirk.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:15 PM   #27
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

EA Live series has become a joke. NBA 2K is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better. It's not even close anymore.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:43 PM   #28
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
Do you think someone like Dirk or Nash ever get any consideration?

just seems funny that they are the "supposed" most valuable players in the league yet they can't get their face on a game cover. Mind you, i guess it all comes down to marketability.

They can be a cover of WNBA LIVE 2008.

Stevie Nash and Dirkicia Nowitski
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:49 PM   #29
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

this is the greatest thing to happen. no player in the NBA represents NBA Live better than Gilbert and he doesn't even try. the completely inappropriate three pointers that always go in? no conscience on the jumper? no shot exists between layup and three?

watching Gilbert Arenas is in itself arcade-like. he plays like he's playing a video game. there couldn't be a more appropriate cover guy.

that said, 10 bucks says Arenas either begged or bribed someone for this.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:00 PM   #30
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Arenas should not be on the cover. I don't know if Lebron needs to be, but there are plenty of other guys I'd rather see. How about Bosh, or Dirk, or CP3, or Dwight Howard, Amare, I'd even rather see Baron Davis then Arenas, he's kind of an *ss
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: