Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-27-2007, 04:16 PM   #31
deion2123
High school junior varsity star

deion2123 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jeff Jordan decides Illinois!

the Jordan boys got Juanita's athletic talent..
deion2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:46 PM   #32
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I watched both Jordan boys a lot in high school, and they just don't have the hunger thier father did. MJ tried to take over every single game in his career so he could garuntee victory, that was his style, to put the ball in the basket any way he could and win. His sons aren't like him in that aspect. Plus, they obviously aren't as physically gifted. I really don't see any Michael in his sons, excpet maybe sharing a last name.

Seems like MJ never got involved with thier training, at least that's what he's said in the past. He never interfered with a coach or tried to teach them ala He Got Game style. Maybe he should have? Instead of a few pointers in the locker room after a game, take over thier training. Teach them how to be like Mike, if at all possible.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:51 PM   #33
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
no Jeff is pretty bad...If his name wasnt Jordan he would get cut from Illonois or any other team in that conference.
He isn't bad. He's a mid-major level player, but as a walk-on, this is a no-lose situation for Illinois. If he never does anything, well, he wasn't on scholarship so no skin off Bruce Weber's back. But there's a chance he could crack the rotation down the line.

The upside? Well, having MJ in your corner could certainly help recruiting, and JJ becomes yet another Illini or former Illini with a highly-touted younger relative who could be a big recruiting catch in upcoming years. The younger brothers of Demetri McCamey (incoming recruit) and Luther Head are the state's top guards the 2010 class, and the younger cousin of Jamar Smith and Marcus Jordan, Jeff's younger brother, are two of the top in-state guards in 2009.

The downside? Not much of one. He's a nonscholarship player and just a potential bonus to a recruiting class that turned out surprisingly good after the Gordon fiasco.

Last edited by TheGame414 : 04-27-2007 at 04:54 PM.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:52 PM   #34
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_boy04
Something I saw in the video.

Most recent high school seasons:

80-81 Michael Senior 29.2ppg, 11.6rpg, 10.1apg

06-07 Jeff Senior 11.2

06-07 Marcus Senior 8.1

what a difference huh?
Marcus Jordan was a sophomore this year and is considered a much better prospect than Jeff. And I'm pretty sure those aren't accurate statistics.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:08 PM   #35
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I watched both Jordan boys a lot in high school, and they just don't have the hunger thier father did. MJ tried to take over every single game in his career so he could garuntee victory, that was his style, to put the ball in the basket any way he could and win. His sons aren't like him in that aspect. Plus, they obviously aren't as physically gifted. I really don't see any Michael in his sons, excpet maybe sharing a last name.

Seems like MJ never got involved with thier training, at least that's what he's said in the past. He never interfered with a coach or tried to teach them ala He Got Game style. Maybe he should have? Instead of a few pointers in the locker room after a game, take over thier training. Teach them how to be like Mike, if at all possible.

Comparing the Jordan you saw, which was probably his Bulls career to 16, 18 year olds is a bit harsh. Ofcourse you're not going to see the same ability. Lets wait till they finish their college careers first.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:08 PM   #36
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
He isn't bad. He's a mid-major level player, but as a walk-on, this is a no-lose situation for Illinois. If he never does anything, well, he wasn't on scholarship so no skin off Bruce Weber's back. But there's a chance he could crack the rotation down the line.

The upside? Well, having MJ in your corner could certainly help recruiting, and JJ becomes yet another Illini or former Illini with a highly-touted younger relative who could be a big recruiting catch in upcoming years. The younger brothers of Demetri McCamey (incoming recruit) and Luther Head are the state's top guards the 2010 class, and the younger cousin of Jamar Smith and Marcus Jordan, Jeff's younger brother, are two of the top in-state guards in 2009.

The downside? Not much of one. He's a nonscholarship player and just a potential bonus to a recruiting class that turned out surprisingly good after the Gordon fiasco.

YEs he is..i saw him play and he cant shoot, isnt athletic and is slow... He cant do anything... He is not a mid major recruit... He is barely a D1 recruit...he should have went Ivy League or Patriot LEague so he wouldnt be overmatched
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:10 PM   #37
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Comparing the Jordan you saw, which was probably his Bulls career to 16, 18 year olds is a bit harsh. Ofcourse you're not going to see the same ability. Lets wait till they finish their college careers first.

MJ was a freakin McDonalds All American... These kids suck... there is a big difference... Jeff Jordan obviouslydoesnt practice much because he cant handle the rock and cant shoot... He just isnt good and I dont care what any scouting service says he is a low D1/D2 or D3 player.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:10 PM   #38
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
YEs he is..i saw him play and he cant shoot, isnt athletic and is slow... He cant do anything... He is not a mid major recruit... He is barely a D1 recruit...he should have went Ivy League or Patriot LEague so he wouldnt be overmatched

Do you know the difference between a walk-on and a player on scholarship? No seriously, do you?
Old 04-27-2007, 05:12 PM   #39
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Quote:
I know he isn't unathletic, but that's besides the point. He's a nonscholarship player so I'm pretty sure he knows what he's up against.

And his younger brother will be a highly regarded prospect in a year or two.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:14 PM   #40
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Do you know the difference between a walk-on and a player on scholarship? No seriously, do you?

Actually I do..and he isnt good enough to walk on to the team...If he wasnt Jordan's son they wouldnt even let him do it. They would cut him...
Old 04-27-2007, 05:15 PM   #41
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
I know he isn't unathletic, but that's besides the point. He's a nonscholarship player so I'm pretty sure he knows what he's up against.

And his younger brother will be a highly regarded prospect in a year or two.

wheni saw him he looked slow and could barely dunk....
Old 04-27-2007, 05:18 PM   #42
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

I have a feeling you're having a hard time separating Jeff and Marcus's abilities from MJ's, so this is getting pointless.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:20 PM   #43
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
I have a feeling you're having a hard time separating Jeff and Marcus's abilities from MJ's, so this is getting pointless.

I dont think you have any first hand knowledge of recruitting and college basketball players and there abilities....If you think Jeff is atheltic.....than there is something wrong with you..
Old 04-27-2007, 05:25 PM   #44
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Actually I do..and he isnt good enough to walk on to the team...If he wasnt Jordan's son they wouldnt even let him do it. They would cut him...

Regardless, there is no harm in having him as a walk on and practice guy. He isn't expected to produce like the players on scholarship and if he's ever to amount to anything in the basketball program he'll have to earn it through hard work. I really don't see any negatives.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:31 PM   #45
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Regardless, there is no harm in having him as a walk on and practice guy. He isn't expected to produce like the players on scholarship and if he's ever to amount to anything in the basketball program he'll have to earn it through hard work. I really don't see any negatives.

There arent any negatives about it...i just wanted people to know that he isnt a great recruit and shouldnt be calling him stuff he isnt.

And to the guy that called dhim a mid major recruit....There are 980 D1 bball schlarships per... Im not saying this how it is split but lets say the top 20 or so players get D1 schloarships from each state(thats 1000 players a little over) Do you really think Jeff Jordan is one of the top 20 or so players or even 50 in Ill. ...In order for him to be a mid major player he would prob be a top 5-15 player in the state or have some great potential.

\
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: