Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-27-2007, 03:36 AM   #1
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Jeff Jordan decides Illinois!

Yes, I know this belongs in the college forum. I already posted it in the Illinois Fan Thread, but I'm so excited right now I can't help it

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....home-headlines
Quote:
(Face)book it: Illini Jordan's preferred choice

By Neil Milbert and Bob Sakamoto
Tribune staff reporters

April 26, 2007, 11:29 PM CDT

CHAMPAIGN -- Michael Jordan's son, Jeff, is expected to announce he will attend Illinois as a preferred walk-on and enroll for the summer session that begins June 11, a university source said Thursday.

According to the source, "Jeff Jordan has applied and was accepted. All indications are that he will enroll for the summer session. We're expecting he will make the announcement very soon."

The Loyola Academy guard, a three-year starter for the Ramblers, dropped a big hint on his Facebook.com Web page when he wrote: "Illinois 11, psychology and business" under the heading "College."

NCAA rules prohibit Illini coach Bruce Weber and members of his staff from commenting on Jordan's status until he enrolls.

In a pick-up game at Illinois and a national all-star game at Madison Square Garden, Jordan proved to himself and others that he could play at a high level.

With that growing confidence, he turned down scholarship offers from Valparaiso and Loyola.

Jordan visited Valparaiso on April 23 and Illinois the following day. The Illini players were impressed by the 6-foot-2-inch guard's performance in a scrimmage.

At Michael Jordan's "Brand Jordan All-American Classic" in New York on Saturday, Jeff Jordan had nine points, two steals and one assist in holding his own with the top high school players in the country.

"Ever since he returned from that visit to Illinois, that seemed to be the consensus pick," a close friend of the family said. "Michael left him alone to make that choice. It was always whatever Jeff wanted to do.

"I think the key was how well he played at Illinois. He did better than the Illinois coaches expected."

The Illini staff does not think Jordan will make an immediate impact but believe he can become a contributor in two years. Jordan raised the level of his overall game to lead a balanced Loyola Academy team, averaging nearly 15 points per game.

Davidson and Illinois State also had been recruiting Michael Jordan's oldest son, and Northwestern offered to make him a preferred walk-on.

Although Jordan wasn't a heavily recruited player, if he goes to Illinois it will be a coup for Weber. The Illinois coach took a recruiting hit last fall when Indianapolis high school superstar Eric Gordon reneged on an 11-month oral commitment to sign with Indiana. But Weber rebounded when two coveted players accepted scholarships during the spring signing period—Quinton Watkins, a shooting guard from Dominguez High in California, and Rodney Alexander, a forward from Redlands Community College in Oklahoma.

Bruce Weber caught a lot of flack the last year cause of Eric Gordon defecting, but he seriously has bounced back from that with adding guys like Quinton Watkins and Rodney Alexander to form a top 25 class. Now with Jeff walking on, people questioning his ability to recruit should be all but gone. Either way, I'm going to go nuts if I saw MJ at the sidelines of our games. Kinda wish I wasn't graduating...

Btw, he has a pretty nice house...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIaHWdBgYak
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:38 AM   #2
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jeff Jordan decides Illinois!

Is he any good?
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:40 AM   #3
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

He's not a terrific recruit, but noteworthy, nonetheless. Still considered by many recruiting sites as a 3 star recruit. He's reportedly a stand out defender, probably tops in the nation. Everything else is still coming along for him. His younger brother Marcus is considered one of the best sophomores in the country. I'm sure with Jeff here, Marcus would want to join Illinois as well.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:41 AM   #4
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
He's not a terrific recruit, but noteworthy, nonetheless. Still considered by many recruiting sites as a 3 star recruit. He's reportedly a stand out defender, probably tops in the nation. Everything else is still coming along for him. His younger brother Marcus is considered one of the best sophomores in the country. I'm sure with Jeff here, Marcus would want to join Illinois as well.

Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:42 AM   #5
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

I always thought both of his kids sucked, at least scoring wise. I only heard negative things about them maybe I am just ignorant, probably am.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:42 AM   #6
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Like I said, reportedly. Whether he is or not, I am not sure. But the scouting reports I read have put him as a good to great defender. Right now I'll believe it before I see him play.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:44 AM   #7
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsatyr
I always thought both of his kids sucked, at least scoring wise. I only heard negative things about them maybe I am just ignorant, probably am.

no Jeff is pretty bad...If his name wasnt Jordan he would get cut from Illonois or any other team in that conference.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:50 AM   #8
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
no Jeff is pretty bad...If his name wasnt Jordan he would get cut from Illonois or any other team in that conference.
He wouldn't get cut, regardless. He is still considered a D1 prospect in his own right. He wasn't good enough to get tendered a D1 offer from a power conference but to add on a walk on of his caliber is definitely saying something.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:58 AM   #9
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7HiklrlfXE&NR=1

Here is Jeff Jordan
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:02 AM   #10
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Eric is a good player. As much as I don't respect him for being a lying, disloyal son of a *****, I won't deny his ability to be a great college player. However, when he steps into Assembly Hall this year, expect to see a future star cry on court.

As for Jeff, he probably won't see any minutes his freshman year, but will be a good practice guy.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:04 AM   #11
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

He only averaged 11 PPG as a senior in HS?
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:07 AM   #12
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
He only averaged 11 PPG as a senior in HS?

He has some difficulty playing under the radar of Michael Jordan. We cannot expect him to be as good as his dad mybe a Brent Barry or Jon Barry Kind of player.

I first i thought Eric Gordon was Michael Jordan's real son in that video clip. They both wear number 23 and both are great scorers.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:11 AM   #13
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Damn, that Gordon kid seemed like someone to watch! Quick, athletic, good body control... quite impressive.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:14 AM   #14
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
Damn, that Gordon kid seemed like someone to watch! Quick, athletic, good body control... quite impressive.

Here are more of Eric Gordon's Highlight reel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKDoq...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNQRK...elated&search=
Old 04-27-2007, 05:40 AM   #15
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

Something I saw in the video.

Most recent high school seasons:

80-81 Michael Senior 29.2ppg, 11.6rpg, 10.1apg

06-07 Jeff Senior 11.2

06-07 Marcus Senior 8.1

what a difference huh?
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: