Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2007, 02:20 AM   #16
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare
 
El Kabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,649
El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Shawn Marion the most overrated player in the league or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberalo
Umm, I've said it times and times again that I hate him.

Dig my posts under Soccer10 username if you want.

And it's not one game. Read the post. Dude is the ultimate playoff choker from what I've seen, he's an overrated defender and his style of play is ugly and can't really be considered a style of a star because stars are something else. Marion doesn't play like a star, not at all. Yet he's been an all star 4 times, right?
I'm not saying you're wrong for hating him, you can think whatever you want, and I didn't know that you've posted such things in the past. It just seemed coincidental that he has a bad game, then suddenly a thread appears talking up what an overrated piece of trash he is. I thought perhaps you may have been one of those type of people who judge a player based on one game alone. My mistake.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:20 AM   #17
Howard5Dirk41
Banned
 
Howard5Dirk41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: aka Nowitzki41MFFL
Posts: 1,601
Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is Shawn Marion the most overrated player in the league or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
not for the Suns


BS, Josh Howard would be badass on the Suns.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:20 AM   #18
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star
 
G-train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,926
G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Is Shawn Marion the most overrated player in the league or what?

even Jeff came into a discussion and backed me up on this one once.

Marion is a STAR.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/shawn_...eer_stats.html

That will do
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:21 AM   #19
Howard5Dirk41
Banned
 
Howard5Dirk41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: aka Nowitzki41MFFL
Posts: 1,601
Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is Shawn Marion the most overrated player in the league or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
even Jeff came into a discussion and backed me up on this one once.

Marion is a STAR.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/shawn_...eer_stats.html

That will do

Yes because Jeff is a automatic basketball genius because he can run a website :rollingeyes:
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:23 AM   #20
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,767
Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is Shawn Marion the most overrated player in the league or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
BS, Josh Howard would be badass on the Suns.

but wouldnt have the same effect because he cant play 4 and bring all the things that MAtrix brings.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:25 AM   #21
KIWI
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Is Shawn Marion the most overrated player in the league or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
even Jeff came into a discussion and backed me up on this one once.


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:25 AM   #22
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan
 
Rab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Purple Palace
Posts: 2,871
Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board
Default Re: Is Shawn Marion the most overrated player in the league or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
but wouldnt have the same effect because he cant play 4 and bring all the things that MAtrix brings.
I agree.

Josh wouldn't be as good on the Suns. I'm sorry.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:25 AM   #23
Howard5Dirk41
Banned
 
Howard5Dirk41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: aka Nowitzki41MFFL
Posts: 1,601
Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is Shawn Marion the most overrated player in the league or what?

Why do you think the Suns always get killed by the Spurs? Because Marion is always a no show. He cannot do **** vs the Spurs half court defense, while Josh Howard destroys the Spurs.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:26 AM   #24
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan
 
Rab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Purple Palace
Posts: 2,871
Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board
Default Re: Is Shawn Marion the most overrated player in the league or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
Why do you think the Suns always get killed by the Spurs? Because Marion is always a no show. He cannot do **** vs the Spurs half court defense, while Josh Howard destroys the Spurs.
Because Bowen has to guard Dirk.

There is a reason Bowen takes Marion, and that's because if you can limit him, you can limit the Suns.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:30 AM   #25
SCdac
Very good NBA starter
 
SCdac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,167
SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Is Shawn Marion the most overrated player in the league or what?

I'd actually like to see Marion play FOR the spurs. Him, Bowen, and Duncan would make one crazy defensive trio... Too bad it'll never happen.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:32 AM   #26
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,695
R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Shawn Marion the most overrated player in the league or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
Because Bowen has to guard Dirk.

There is a reason Bowen takes Marion, and that's because if you can limit him, you can limit the Suns.

Im sure Duncan could take Dirk if the Spurs wanted it, especially since we now know Dirk sucks. :)

Howard can create his own shot, but they are both equally unreliable 3pt shooters, because Marions release is too low and Howard is too slow. So if you put a lockdown defender on them, you can take away that weapon of their game. Nevertheless Howard really carried the Mavs early during a crucial time against the Warriors, before Terry came alive and then Dirk in the 3rd quarter. If Howard could only show up for 4th quarters, the Mavs would be so much more difficult to beat.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:32 AM   #27
Liberalo
Banned
 
Liberalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The beach where I tan my boty.
Posts: 162
Liberalo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is Shawn Marion the most overrated player in the league or what?

Why would Howard need to play the 4? Diaw can do that.
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:33 AM   #28
Howard5Dirk41
Banned
 
Howard5Dirk41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: aka Nowitzki41MFFL
Posts: 1,601
Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is Shawn Marion the most overrated player in the league or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
Because Bowen has to guard Dirk.

There is a reason Bowen takes Marion, and that's because if you can limit him, you can limit the Suns.

In last years playoff vs the Spurs Bowen started on Dirk but he finished gaurding Howard.

Limiting Marion is the key to the Suns? Yea okay, more like Nash and Amare.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:33 AM   #29
RidonKs
NBA Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Free Hat!
Posts: 17,657
RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is Shawn Marion the most overrated player in the league or what?

When everyone knows someone's overrated, they are no longer overrated. However, then people begin underrating him again by constantly saying that he's overrated, and people are called out for underrating him. The underrating continues until people get fed up and call him overrated again. It's just a vicious cycle.

Thus is the life of Shawn Marion.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:35 AM   #30
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend
 
Baller1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 844
Baller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Is Shawn Marion the most overrated player in the league or what?

This thread is full of themselves

The Other day your Hating on Lamar Odom cause he is no Pippen and he just scored 18 Points and grab 16 rebounds plus 2 Blks.

Marion will be back in Game Number 4 with a Bang.
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy