Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-27-2007, 12:40 PM   #91
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: This is the difference between dirk and duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I agree

the Mavs could win 80 games in the season and everyone would still say "Dirk is soft" once the play offs come...it is ridiculas

oh the other difference between Dirk and Duncan is that Dirk is better...he has an outside shot

No, they could not.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:45 PM   #92
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
you need to learn to read, dirk never said he was afraid of big games.

As for you timmy d for MVP, no its not just that dirk needs to score more, he is inarguably the better scorer.

and for those who think dirk is so bad in the playoffs he is still one of 5 players in nba history to be a career 25 and 10 guy in the playoffs with career averages of 25.5 and 11.1 in the playoffs.

I would dispute that, I think if Duncan was shoot first, he'd be putting up numbers that no one would be touching. If he gets the ball in the low post, he's gonna score, if he gets it out on the point, he'll either draw a foul, or score........ or both. Jsut because Dirk can shoot doesn't mean he has the better weapons.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:46 PM   #93
Joey3000
High school junior varsity star

Joey3000 has not been impressing people

The difference is Duncan has earned all his respect by leading his team to 3 titles, while Dirk has chocked before in the playoffs. When Dir actually accomplishes what TD has, then he will get the same respect... until then he will continue to be bashed for anything negative he does.
Joey3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:59 PM   #94
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
This is the difference between dirk and duncan
There's only one?
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #95
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

i thought the difference between dirk and duncan was that one was from the virgin islands and the other was from germany...

i actually don't think either of them is playing that well considering how good they both really are. i'd give the nod to duncan because his team defense (closing lanes and blocking / altering shots) was basically the difference in the 2nd game of the series.

i think the thread maker has a point though. although if you actually watched the 1st game, i'm not sure i've ever seen dirk play that poorly. not necessarily a reflection on him as a player. everybody has a bad game.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:23 PM   #96
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Duncan isnt that much of a scorer as dirk is so you cant compare points.
And someone watch the rebound numbers look at the difference
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:28 PM   #97
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
i think the thread maker has a point though. although if you actually watched the 1st game, i'm not sure i've ever seen dirk play that poorly. not necessarily a reflection on him as a player. everybody has a bad game.

true, everyone has a bad game. Duncan had a bad game in game 1 but the difference was he was making plays by passing the ball out and keeping the spurs close on the defensive end.

like i said before with my comparison to DRob...until dirk wins a ring he will always be called out for being soft. same reason why people are starting to bash lebron. he was the golden child his rookie year, now he is an afterthought who is criticized for not taking big shots (passing to damon jones) and missing free throws etc.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:48 PM   #98
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

I have seen Dirk play that poorly. But he usually follows it with a better performance. In this case he didn't. It wasn't a terrible game, but below his standards. I like the Admiral comparison.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:43 PM   #99
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

Dirk is thrown out of rhythm due to rest mode of last 10 games.
But he'll find rhythm again, and then....MVP
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:18 PM   #100
guangmoreno
Banned

guangmoreno has an OK reputation so far

the difference is one is black and other white.

but they are both overrated.

kobe for mvp
guangmoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:54 PM   #101
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral
are you suggesting that dirk has a better post up game than duncan?

no, I am suggesting that Dirk can hit a 3 and Duncan can't.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:58 AM   #102
kenuffff
Great young streetballer

kenuffff has an OK reputation so far

point is dirk can't carry his team he defers to other players, and doesn't lead his team. he is afraid of big game moments.
kenuffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:42 AM   #103
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation here

The Major difference is Duncan has a Heart of a Champion and when the game is on the line he try to rally his team and for a 6-10 PF he is just an amazing talent.

I pity Dirk today he try to help his team wins but he keep on missing easy shoots from the perimeter and he is just shock that the GS Warrriors are dominating his team.
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:13 AM   #104
Duncan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller1986
The Major difference is Duncan has a Heart of a Champion and when the game is on the line he try to rally his team and for a 6-10 PF he is just an amazing talent.

I pity Dirk today he try to help his team wins but he keep on missing easy shoots from the perimeter and he is just shock that the GS Warrriors are dominating his team.

you are right about Duncan!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: