Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-26-2007, 08:56 PM   #31
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: This is the difference between dirk and duncan

MVP doesnt mean top 5. I'm not gonna try to talk to you, you've proven to be retarded by thinking that after GSW won game one they didnt have homecourt advantage. Pretty smart guy ya are.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:56 PM   #32
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
you left out steals, and turnovers where dirk beats duncan handily in both.

You will notice I just copy and pasted the stats I posted before I compared the 2, I just added the FG % because I looked it up earlier.

Duncan's TOs are higher and his FT% is awful. Dirk and Duncan are about equal in terms of offensive struggles so far. But Duncan is getting the assists and his defense has been pretty good (minus his one-on-one defense of Nene). His shot blocking has been keeping the Nuggets from dominating the paint like they would be doing if he wasn't there.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:56 PM   #33
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
we will see if the MVP voters agree with me or you...ok jack ass?
dude, they are just havin some fun with us. dirk isnt playign as well as he can play. we all know it. there are a myriad of reasons for it but hes not playin as well as he is capable of. We however do know that he will come back before its all said and done. Just sit back and relax. (and mess with a few kg/suns/duncan fans along the way)
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:00 PM   #34
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
MVP doesnt mean top 5. I'm not gonna try to talk to you, you've proven to be retarded by thinking that after GSW won game one they didnt have homecourt advantage. Pretty smart guy ya are.

I agreed with that 100 times

I just said that I would rather be in the Mavs shoes....you are as dumb as Roc is for not understanding that
Old 04-26-2007, 09:00 PM   #35
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

when it comes down to it, if everyone was playin well, I dont think Dirk is top 5. I dont see how a guy who is average at everything except shooting and passing is top 5?

average on D, average rebounder

top 5? NO!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:00 PM   #36
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
I agreed with that 100 times

I just said that I would rather be in the Mavs shoes....you are as dumb as Roc is for not understanding that

far as I read, you did not say that.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:02 PM   #37
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
when it comes down to it, if everyone was playin well, I dont think Dirk is top 5. I dont see how a guy who is average at everything except shooting and passing is top 5?

average on D, average rebounder

top 5? NO!

he is one of the most unique players in the league and he is redefining the way his position is played...

he is also the main reason the Mavs won 67 games
Old 04-26-2007, 09:04 PM   #38
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

redefining it? no, he's just a big shooting guard

I think everyone would rather have a top defender, with an all around offensive game
Old 04-26-2007, 09:09 PM   #39
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
who mind you is being outplayed by Nene currently

Are you blind? Duncan alters so many shots, blocks a few others, and controls the boards. Not to mention having a very nice 6 assists per game...

Nene puts up less points, less blocks, less assists, less altered shots, etc.

Yet he's outplaying Tim? Yeah... right. Explain that one. Tim is hardly a stat guy and he's still whuppin' Nene in that department.

As for the Dirk comment, obviously if Dirk puts up "average" numbers and in some cases (game 1) subpar offensive numbers he's going to get called on it. Who cares if he's passing off? He's suppose to be the super mis-match in that series, why should he be playing passive basketball?

Another thing, if Duncan puts up 23 on 7-15 he's obviously going to have a bigger impact on the game because his defense, rebounding and shot blocking and shot altering abilitys effect the game in a positive way.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:40 PM   #40
TheHonestTruth
Banned

TheHonestTruth has no real reputation yet.

Duncan has had a better career than Dirk. But this season Dirk >>>>> Duncan. By the end of the playoffs, Dirk will also prove that he is better than Bird, Malone, Barkley, just name any forward you want in the history of the league.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:40 PM   #41
BandwagonRepair
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BandwagonRepair has an OK reputation so far

The difference is in the degree they raise their teammates' games by. Duncan is the anchor of SA's offense and defense. Every second he is on the floor it changes the direction of both teams' games. Despite his offensive superiority, Dirk is not as well rounded and doesn't effect the game in as many ways as Duncan does. So when Dirk doesn't score big he doesn't make up for it in the other aspects of the game. Duncan does.

Last edited by BandwagonRepair : 04-26-2007 at 09:44 PM.
BandwagonRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:41 PM   #42
BandwagonRepair
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BandwagonRepair has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHonestTruth
By the end of the playoffs, Dirk will also prove that he is better than Bird, Malone, Barkley, just name any forward you want in the history of the league.

Say what? The best he can do this season is win one championship. How the hell would that make him better than LARRY BIRD, let alone Tim Duncan???
BandwagonRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:42 PM   #43
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Are you blind? Duncan alters so many shots, blocks a few others, and controls the boards. Not to mention having a very nice 6 assists per game...

Nene puts up less points, less blocks, less assists, less altered shots, etc.

Yet he's outplaying Tim? Yeah... right. Explain that one. Tim is hardly a stat guy and he's still whuppin' Nene in that department.

As for the Dirk comment, obviously if Dirk puts up "average" numbers and in some cases (game 1) subpar offensive numbers he's going to get called on it. Who cares if he's passing off? He's suppose to be the super mis-match in that series, why should he be playing passive basketball?

Another thing, if Duncan puts up 23 on 7-15 he's obviously going to have a bigger impact on the game because his defense, rebounding and shot blocking and shot altering abilitys effect the game in a positive way.

dirk is every bit the rebounder duncan is in the playoffs.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:49 PM   #44
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Are you kidding me? A week ago some douche said Dirk = Bird...

Now we have another poster who said after ONE playoff Dirk will be better than Bird, Malone, Barkle, etc..

Now, let's assume his team gets a ring. And he gets the season MVP to go along with Finals MVP. That hardly matches up to Bird, who was a better individual player than Dirk.

In conclusion a inferior player with inferior stats, inferior individual and team accomplishments yet become greater in the whole scheme of thing? This is too much.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:51 PM   #45
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation here

Dirk for MVP
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: