Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-26-2007, 08:46 PM   #16
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: This is the difference between dirk and duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
18 points 8.5 rebounds 6 assists and 4 blocks on 47% shooting.

vs.

18.5 points 9.5 rebounds 2 assists and 2.5 blocks on 35.5% shooting.
dirk is still taking less shots than duncan so the fg% really isnt a big deal. way to rig your stat comparison.
raiderfan19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:47 PM   #17
ronron15
High School Starter

ronron15 is considered somewhat coolronron15 is considered somewhat cool

biggest difference is the 2 MVPs and the 3 titles

the style of their game is obvious
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:47 PM   #18
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
ok so duncan is doing a little better even though he isn't receiving the same attention on D. btw i am looking forward to the suns game 2night--i hope to see it in time
do you actually live in phoenix?

I'll explain it below.

I go to school in Canada were my parents work, but we own a home in Phoenix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
dirks numbers are 18.5 9.5 2.0 assists(but a bunch of hockey assists) 2.5 blocks and 1.5 steals with only 1 to while duncan is averagin 2.5.

so duncan gets dirk in assists and blocks. dirk gets duncan in everything else. explain to me how hes playing MUCH better again? especially when dirk is being doubled constantly and duncan isnt.

Much is the wrong word. But definately better. Dirk has scored 1 more point and grabbed 3 more rebounds, hardly doing much better in those categories. While Duncan is getting a gaudy 6 assists and 4 blocks so far with superior defense. He's also shooting 12% higher.

Like I said, "much" is the wrong word.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:48 PM   #19
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
dirk is still taking less shots than duncan so the fg% really isnt a big deal. way to rig your stat comparison.

I'm not trying to rig anything, I simply posted the stats.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:49 PM   #20
jasonterry
Banned

jasonterry has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I'll explain it below.

Much is the wrong word. But definately better. Dirk has scored 1 more point and grabbed 3 more rebounds, hardly doing much better in those categories. While Duncan is getting a gaudy 6 assists and 4 blocks so far with superior defense. He's also shooting 12% higher.

what school? I took a summer class in mcgill like 7 years sago
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:49 PM   #21
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronron15
biggest difference is the 2 MVPs and the 3 titles

the style of their game is obvious

I think the piont he was trying to make is that Duncan can do no wrong in the fan's eye and Dirk will always be looked at as a soft choker and that is unfair
Old 04-26-2007, 08:50 PM   #22
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I'll explain it below.

i disagree but its fine to argue the other way if you wish. at best its been a wash if your arguing from duncans perspective. their blocks and steals combined are 4.0 and 4.5 for dirk and duncan respectively. Duncans much higher turnover rate coupled with the fact that he has still shot more than dirk and scored less, more than negates the fg% differential.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:50 PM   #23
ronron15
High School Starter

ronron15 is considered somewhat coolronron15 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I think the piont he was trying to make is that Duncan can do no wrong in the fan's eye and Dirk will always be looked at as a soft choker and that is unfair

icic
i didnt read anything except for the thread title haha
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:51 PM   #24
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The difference between Dirk and Duncan is Duncan is top 5 and Dirk isnt.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:51 PM   #25
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:

I'm not trying to rig anything, I simply posted the stats.
you left out steals, and turnovers where dirk beats duncan handily in both.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:52 PM   #26
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
and the difference between kg and dirk is kgs at home and dirk isnt (had to throw it in there)
Old 04-26-2007, 08:52 PM   #27
-primetime-

Quote:

stfu...dirk is top 1
Old 04-26-2007, 08:52 PM   #28
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lol, both are true

Quote:
stfu...dirk is top 1

please shut up you BLIND ASS homer, Dirk is not number 1, please stop makin yourself sound DUMB.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:53 PM   #29
raiderfan19
Shazam!

btw for those who think dirk struggles in the playoffs do you even know his career numbers? dirks career numbers in the playoffs are 25.5 ppg and 11.1 rpg. the guy is a flat out stud.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:54 PM   #30
-primetime-

Quote:
lol, both are true

please shut up you BLIND ASS homer, Dirk is not number 1, please stop makin yourself sound DUMB.

we will see if the MVP voters agree with me or you...ok jack ass?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: