Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2007, 07:32 PM   #1
jasonterry
Banned
 
jasonterry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,156
Default This is the difference between dirk and duncan

if duncan did the exact same thing as dirk in games 1 and 2 everyone would say he's playing smart basketball, passing to his teammates and not forcing anything. somehow dirk going 7-15 for 23 means he is weak in the playoffs? of course if it were duncan (who mind you is being outplayed by Nene currently) we'd all be praising his "unselfish" play
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:34 PM   #2
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever
 
A Roc 23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,380
Default Re: This is the difference between dirk and duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
if duncan did the exact same thing as dirk in games 1 and 2 everyone would say he's playing smart basketball, passing to his teammates and not forcing anything. somehow dirk going 7-15 for 23 means he is weak in the playoffs? of course if it were duncan (who mind you is being outplayed by Nene currently) we'd all be praising his "unselfish" play

Any proof or more incoherent ramblings from jasonterry?

Nene is not outplaying Duncan by the way.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:35 PM   #3
HollaBolla
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,224
Default Re: This is the difference between dirk and duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
if duncan did the exact same thing as dirk in games 1 and 2 everyone would say he's playing smart basketball, passing to his teammates and not forcing anything. somehow dirk going 7-15 for 23 means he is weak in the playoffs? of course if it were duncan (who mind you is being outplayed by Nene currently) we'd all be praising his "unselfish" play

the difference is that Dirk is on his prime and Duncan is on the decline, they both like german sausage though.
HollaBolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:36 PM   #4
jasonterry
Banned
 
jasonterry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,156
Default Re: This is the difference between dirk and duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Any proof or more incoherent ramblings from jasonterry?

Nene is not outplaying Duncan by the way.

are you even watching the denver series? nene iss going right at duncan with no fear while playing him straight up on D. he is at the very least matching duncan.
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:37 PM   #5
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: This is the difference between dirk and duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
if duncan did the exact same thing as dirk in games 1 and 2 everyone would say he's playing smart basketball, passing to his teammates and not forcing anything. somehow dirk going 7-15 for 23 means he is weak in the playoffs? of course if it were duncan (who mind you is being outplayed by Nene currently) we'd all be praising his "unselfish" play

I agree

the Mavs could win 80 games in the season and everyone would still say "Dirk is soft" once the play offs come...it is ridiculas


oh the other difference between Dirk and Duncan is that Dirk is better...he has an outside shot
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:38 PM   #6
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: This is the difference between dirk and duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
are you even watching the denver series? nene iss going right at duncan with no fear while playing him straight up on D. he is at the very least matching duncan.

don't even bother explaining things to him...his name is "roc" because that is what his head is ....a damn rock
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:38 PM   #7
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever
 
A Roc 23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,380
Default Re: This is the difference between dirk and duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
are you even watching the denver series? nene iss going right at duncan with no fear while playing him straight up on D. he is at the very least matching duncan.

I agree, Duncan isn't doing much to stop Nene right now.

But to say he is outplaying him is untrue because Nene can't do anything to Duncan either.

18 points 8.5 rebounds 6 assists and 4 blocks is pretty damn impressive. He's been anchoring that defense as well. He is playing MUCH better then Dirk so far.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:39 PM   #8
jasonterry
Banned
 
jasonterry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,156
Default Re: This is the difference between dirk and duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I agree

the Mavs could win 80 games in the season and everyone would still say "Dirk is soft" once the play offs come...it is ridiculas


oh the other difference between Dirk and Duncan is that Dirk is better...he has an outside shot

basically, while dirk is soft, duncan is playing smart. did you read the cnnsi article that ripped dirk today?
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:40 PM   #9
jasonterry
Banned
 
jasonterry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,156
Default Re: This is the difference between dirk and duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
I agree, Duncan isn't doing much to stop Nene right now.

But to say he is outplaying him is untrue because Nene can't do anything to Duncan either.

18 points 8.5 rebounds 6 assists and 4 blocks is pretty damn impressive. He's been anchoring that defense as well. He is playing MUCH better then Dirk so far.

dirks been playing good defense too, while matched up against guys 5 inches shorter. how is duncanss stats better? btw i havent seen dirk's but i imagine his stats are no worse than duncanss
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:42 PM   #10
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever
 
A Roc 23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,380
Default Re: This is the difference between dirk and duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
dirks been playing good defense too, while matched up against guys 5 inches shorter. how is duncanss stats better? btw i havent seen dirk's but i imagine his stats are no worse than duncanss

18 points 8.5 rebounds 6 assists and 4 blocks on 47% shooting.

vs.

18.5 points 9.5 rebounds 2 assists and 2.5 blocks on 35.5% shooting.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:43 PM   #11
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 24,992
Default Re: This is the difference between dirk and duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
18 points 8.5 rebounds 6 assists and 4 blocks on 47% shooting.

vs.

18.5 points 9.5 rebounds 2 assists and 2.5 blocks on 35.5% shooting.
Yikes.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:44 PM   #12
jasonterry
Banned
 
jasonterry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,156
Default Re: This is the difference between dirk and duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
18 points 8.5 rebounds 6 assists and 4 blocks on 47% shooting.

vs.

18.5 points 9.5 rebounds 2 assists and 2.5 blocks on 35.5% shooting.

ok so duncan is doing a little better even though he isn't receiving the same attention on D. btw i am looking forward to the suns game 2night--i hope to see it in time
do you actually live in phoenix?
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:44 PM   #13
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,945
Default Re: This is the difference between dirk and duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
I agree, Duncan isn't doing much to stop Nene right now.

But to say he is outplaying him is untrue because Nene can't do anything to Duncan either.

18 points 8.5 rebounds 6 assists and 4 blocks is pretty damn impressive. He's been anchoring that defense as well. He is playing MUCH better then Dirk so far.
dirks numbers are 18.5 9.5 2.0 assists(but a bunch of hockey assists) 2.5 blocks and 1.5 steals with only 1 to while duncan is averagin 2.5.

so duncan gets dirk in assists and blocks. dirk gets duncan in everything else. explain to me how hes playing MUCH better again? especially when dirk is being doubled constantly and duncan isnt.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:45 PM   #14
jasonterry
Banned
 
jasonterry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,156
Default Re: This is the difference between dirk and duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Yikes.

one game 4-16
2nd game 7-15

wait till they play 3 more games and dallas finishes it
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:46 PM   #15
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,978
Default Re: This is the difference between dirk and duncan

quit feelign sorry for ya boy and deal with it, F

no one CARES!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:15 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy