Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-26-2007, 06:37 PM   #106
c_az_a
Good High School Starter

c_az_a has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Pat Burke is calling out Kobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
If Kobe did elbow him that would be the funniest thing that I personally have seen in 10 years of the NBA.

If he did that, he would have to elbow Burke who will be sitting in the bench. It would be funny to see Kobe get suspended over a comment. Has this happen before where Kobe reacted to a comment to prove a point. One thing he needs to prove is that he is capable of shooting 50%+ for 82 games of an NBA season which he hasn't, which begs to question his shot selection. Is he too lazy to take it into the hole 75% of the time, rather than the 80% shooting fadeaways over double/triple teams.

It's funny how the media make Kobe to be this guy (GOAT) when he can't even raise the game of his teammates. Pippen didn't come into the league a one of the 50 greatest players of all time. But those years playing with Jordan lifted his game. It shows how great #23 was, afterall, one season while playing point, he averaged 32.5 PPG 8 AST. Too bad we will never see a 50% for multiple season from Kobe. The only thing we see resemblence is the amount of media hype.

Last thing, who is the leader on that Lakers squad. Because he is missing or that the one they have, #24KB, lacks it.

Just check Kobe's playoff numbers to Jordan. Kobe the last two years in the playoffs is averaging 27.9 PPG and this year 27 PPG. For his playoff career 23 PPG in 43.8% from the field. Jordan playoff numbers, 33.4 PPG 48.7% field

Last edited by c_az_a : 04-26-2007 at 06:39 PM.
c_az_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:43 PM   #107
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas
people didn't just say he was the 12th man. they said he was a classless idiot who shouldn't talk.

personally i love pat burke

who said that? i must have missed something....
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:02 PM   #108
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Kobe could bounce the ball off a teammate's head before every shot, his team still isn't winning. The Suns are just that much better, plus they have a sense of urgency and a healthy dislike for the Lakers from last season.

That doesn't make Kobe any less of a ball-hog, though.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #109
shok
Decent playground baller

shok has an OK reputation so far

"School is cool, school is cool!"
shok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:21 PM   #110
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
If Pat Burke called out Michael then it would be a riot in here but it's Kobe so I guess it's fine.
Prime example of why some Lakers fans are straight retarded. You complain about Kobe being held to such a high standard and then you bring up Jordan in a thread that has nothing to do with him.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:05 PM   #111
barnabas
I hit open layups

barnabas has an OK reputation so far

There's plenty of blame to go around, but I think one thing is being consistently loverlooked by (some) fans. The Lakers didn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of winning this series from the outset.

The Suns had one of their worst halfs of the season in game 1, so Lakers fans can perhaps be forgiven for thinking otherwise, but when the Suns are playing their A game it is difficult for ANY team in the league to remain competitive. The top teams in the league will have a hell of a time beating the Suns, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that a dysfunctional squad like the Lakers got blown out.

There seems to be an implicit assumption here that the Lakers had or have a competitive chance when in fact the end result is a foregone conclusion. Why all the shock? Lakers should be happy they made it into the playoffs at all.

Here's the thing: Kobe is often referred to as the "ultimate offensive player". This is false. Why? Because basketball is a team sport. In fact, the ultimate offensive player in the league is Nash -- precisely for this reason. He gets all of his teammates involved and turns the Suns into a brutally efficient offensive machine. Five men. Not one.

What I find irritating about the Kobe saga is that it has to be all or nothing, both in terms of the way his fans perceive him and the way he plays on the court. Either Kobe is a saintly angel who can do nor wrong and his teammates are a bunch of miserable scrubs who could barely beat a highschool team, or Kobe is the most selfish player ever to play the game and actually lowers the level of his teammate's play by virtue of his monstrous ego. Similarly, when Kobe's on the court he either hogs the ball and takes impossible shots (hitting some) or appears completely docile, leaving it entirely up to his teammates.

With this kind of schizophrenic performance it's not surprising that his teammates appear bewildered out there. They haven't the slightest idea which face kobe is going to bring to the court. I have to admit I find it interesting that the only time the Lakers have beaten the Suns this year is the game he WASN'T playing (!). I also find the record of the Lakers without their all-star fascinating.

The lack of energy, the lack of confidence, the lack of cohesion is a sign of poor leadership. So while Kobe is not ENTIRELY to blame as many fans claim, he does deserve his fair share. And while his teammates are clearly not of the same caliber as Nash's Suns, they could be signicantly more competitive if they were playing as a TEAM.

Phil Jackson also deserves his share of criticism. Both Kobe and Jackson seem to go out of their way to disparage this Laker's team during the press conferences. It's almost as though they're more interested in assuaging their own egos and ensuring their own legacies than winning games. So Kobe says stuff like:

“They’ve got some decisions to make, if they want to build a contender now, or if you want to hold onto these pieces for five years from now,” Bryant said. “They got some tough choices.”

In essence, he's calling his teammates trash in the middle of a playoff series!

And people are surprised that they're playing like it? A real leader, imo, would take personal resonsibility for the team's success or lack thereof. Conversely, Kobe refers to "we" in the press conference while playing nothing but "I".

I think if Kobe can find that happy medium then they could pull off a win or two in this series. It's conceivable that he could do so playing "Kobe ball" but then they'll have to rely on the Suns playing like ****.

Obviously he needs more talent on the roster to get deeper into the playoffs next year, but like I said, plenty of blame to go around.

Last edited by barnabas : 04-26-2007 at 09:18 PM.
barnabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:19 PM   #112
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas
just like you had the lakers beating the suns in 6 games

The only sad thing about this statement that Pat Burke made was that its all true :/

show me where I predicted that. I rejected tons of avatar bets
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:23 PM   #113
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Where do you think they get it from?

HILARIOUS!!! Haha. I remember that game vs. the Spurs in 2003. I was jumpin' for joy. The Lakers had won 3 straight titles at that point, and in that game, they were eliminated.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:56 PM   #114
Dick Biggly
Good High School Starter

Dick Biggly has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
The fact that Pat Burke is a 12th man does not make his point any less valid.

no, but the fact that his point is completely stupid makes it less valid. Does he miss all the wide open shots the rest of Kobe's teammates were bricking?
Dick Biggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:03 PM   #115
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Biggly
no, but the fact that his point is completely stupid makes it less valid. Does he miss all the wide open shots the rest of Kobe's teammates were bricking?

no one knows because he has never gotten a chance to take any shots

sorry suns fans i had to say that
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: