Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-26-2007, 04:51 PM   #31
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board
Default Re: Pat Burke is calling out Kobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
maybe not, but still, but his comment isnt even accurate. kobe shoots, lakers lose, he gets criticized. kobe passes, lakers lose, kobe gets criticized. what the hell is he supposed to do? the rest of his team is playing like garbage, he can either choose to create open shots for them and watch them miss, or he can go out and try to win it himself. neither one will translate into a win very often.

I'm not arguing the validity of Pat Burke's statements... I'm pointing out that his playing time and his actual skill as a player don't automatically invalidate his statement... If people are going to attack his statement, attack the logic of the statement, not the person who made it.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:53 PM   #32
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

If Pat Burke called out Michael then it would be a riot in here but it's Kobe so I guess it's fine.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:53 PM   #33
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
For those who say "kobe passed in game 2, they lost anyway": it's not about just passing, it's about setting up his teammates for a better shot. If you watched game 2, in the first half, Kobe just dribbled a bit on the perimeter and passed off to a teammate and just stood there, watching them. Now compare that to AI, who drives to the basket, draws attention, draws doubles, then passes, which leads to either an open shot, or to a driving teammate for a high % shot in the lane or a foul in close. Kobe doesn't set up his teammates, and with all the attention he gets, he should know how to do that by now. Saying "he passes, they still lose" is an ignorant statement, because there's way more Kobe could be doing to help this team. Expecting them to create and make their own shots against this suns team is dumb.

No he didn't. He drove and dished it. He drew double teams and passed to wide open players. He tried moving without the ball to free himself up also. Nothing went in. On the other end, Lakers couldn't stop anybody.

Then he went to the bench to rest in a period where Phil decided to sit 4 of the 5 starters and the rest was history
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:57 PM   #34
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
I'm not arguing the validity of Pat Burke's statements... I'm pointing out that his playing time and his actual skill as a player don't automatically invalidate his statement... If people are going to attack his statement, attack the logic of the statement, not the person who made it.

ok, but if your pat burke and your gonna diss kobe atleast make it accurate. ofcourse burke has the right to say whatever he wants but if your a 12th man and you want to criticize the best player in the league, i dunno i just think i would make sure my comments are 100% correct no questions asked. pat burke may not understand the situation kobe is in. his job is to take a decent team of players who are currently playing terrbile basketball and he is still expected to make the lakers win every game. if he doesnt, he gets all the blame. maybe burke should consider that and place a little of the blame on the other guys that are playing like ****.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:58 PM   #35
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

@ these dudes getting so upset about a man's opinion.

Good to see Pat speaking his mind.

You can bet a lot of other NBA players feel the same way (probably some Lakers) but they just won't say it for political reasons.

Burke shot into my list of favorite players on this one.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:59 PM   #36
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly

Agreed. Geeezz! Laker fans are so sensitive.

glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:00 PM   #37
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
No he didn't. He drove and dished it. He drew double teams and passed to wide open players. He tried moving without the ball to free himself up also. Nothing went in. On the other end, Lakers couldn't stop anybody.

Then he went to the bench to rest in a period where Phil decided to sit 4 of the 5 starters and the rest was history
I watched as Kobe stood still int he first half of that game, doing virtually nothing without the ball, and standing still most of the time after he gave up the ball. Did you watch the first half?
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:00 PM   #38
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
ok, but if your pat burke and your gonna diss kobe atleast make it accurate. ofcourse burke has the right to say whatever he wants but if your a 12th man and you want to criticize the best player in the league, i dunno i just think i would make sure my comments are 100% correct no questions asked. pat burke may not understand the situation kobe is in. his job is to take a decent team of players who are currently playing terrbile basketball and he is still expected to make the lakers win every game. if he doesnt, he gets all the blame. maybe burke should consider that and place a little of the blame on the other guys that are playing like ****.

You're not even a 12th man in the NBA and you criticize players all the time so what the F&ck are you talking about?
Old 04-26-2007, 05:01 PM   #39
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
I watched as Kobe stood still int he first half of that game, doing virtually nothing without the ball, and standing still most of the time after he gave up the ball. Did you watch the first half?

Kobe fans only watch the game in a "Kobe does no wrong" sort of way, so you can't expect them to see these kinds of things...........

It's always his teammates fault. Don't you know that by now???
Old 04-26-2007, 05:01 PM   #40
DLeagueWannabe
a softer side

DLeagueWannabe has an OK reputation so far

I'm a huge Laker fan, and let me tell you, Burke knows what he's talking about....
DLeagueWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:02 PM   #41
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Yes I did and when Kobe didn't have the ball, most of the time he was trying to get position in the post
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:02 PM   #42
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl

You can bet a lot of other NBA players feel the same way (probably some Lakers) but they just won't say it for political reasons.

just because some of us dont agree with burke doesnt mean we are "upset". i dunno if you were talking about me, i assume you were, but i will make this clear, i am in no way upset. pat burkes opinions are not i big problem in my world. i am just stating my opinion which happens to oppose his.

if you werent talking about me, my bad.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:04 PM   #43
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
You're not even a 12th man in the NBA and you criticize players all the time so what the F&ck are you talking about?

read my earlier post. im on a message board, my comments arent on national tv, espn, or in newspapers. if pat burke wants to join ISH and criticize players as a random poster thats a little different imo.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:04 PM   #44
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

You can bet a lot of NBA players feel differently. That's why in a recent GM poll, Kobe got ranked 3rd for MVP. Kobe is respected by a lot of his peers for his accomplishments and his desire to win. Burke isn't that brave in my eyes, he's not good enough to even step on the court so Kobe can burn him. Burke shot into your list of favorite players? Good luck trying to catch a glimpse of him playing. We all know this clown picks his players on who tries to call out Kobe. Homie won't even eat Kobe Beef.

You think I'm upset that Burke called out Kobe? A 12th man making that comment is actually comical. It's funny to me because I bet he's wondering WTF did I just say? How he got an interview and a quote out makes it even funnier. Playa wants to get recognized by the media so Raja Bell gave him tips.

Last edited by Kobe24 : 04-26-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:05 PM   #45
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Agreed. Geeezz! Laker fans are so sensitive.

Where do you think they get it from?

MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: