Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-26-2007, 05:24 PM   #31
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Monta Ellis Named 2006-07 Most Improved Player

He deserved it
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:27 PM   #32
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

I never heard of Monta Ellis untill about a month into the season. It was around the time he mashed on the 6th man of the year.

LOL, the last Most Improved Player on the Warriors left the next season and turned into a 3 time All-Star.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:42 PM   #33
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

one of the better candidates, along with Martin, Williams, Al Jefferson, Biedrins. But let me make an argument for Iguodala. The teams record before the trade of AI and the benching/release of Webber was 5-18 i believe, and after that our record was 30-29. He made our team A LOT better. Not to mention, he played heavy minutes, was the leading scorer at 18 ppg on the year(over 20 after the trade), and had to guard the best player on the other team for the entire game. He averaged 18, 6, and 6, with 2 steals. Made 6 free throws per game, and shot well there. I will look up his stats overall without them, but thats my argument for now...
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:14 PM   #34
shok
Decent playground baller

shok has an OK reputation so far

You da man Ellis! I'm lookin forward to your prime.
shok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:20 PM   #35
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

i'm pretty upset, Kevin Martin deserved this award more than Monta Ellis. When you average 20 pts on nearly 50% shooting, you're pretty good. I'm not taking anything away from Monta, he's pretty good himself, but I think the fact that he is playing for a team that fought into the playoffs and is in a larger market really helped him out.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:22 PM   #36
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

damn this was a close one, 352 to 349? I haven't seen a award that close in a while.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:41 PM   #37
beesechurger
I hit open layups

beesechurger has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
one of the better candidates, along with Martin, Williams, Al Jefferson, Biedrins. But let me make an argument for Iguodala. The teams record before the trade of AI and the benching/release of Webber was 5-18 i believe, and after that our record was 30-29. He made our team A LOT better. Not to mention, he played heavy minutes, was the leading scorer at 18 ppg on the year(over 20 after the trade), and had to guard the best player on the other team for the entire game. He averaged 18, 6, and 6, with 2 steals. Made 6 free throws per game, and shot well there. I will look up his stats overall without them, but thats my argument for now...

but hes always been reasonably good so how is that most improved? MONTA DESERVED IT
beesechurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:47 PM   #38
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected poster

Monta Ellis will be one of the greatest Warrior ever following the footsteps of Rick Barry, Nate Thurmond, Tim Hardaway, Chris Mullin and Mitch Richmond.

GO MONTA ELLIS BRING YOUR A-game IN GAME 3.
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:54 PM   #39
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

This kinda represents the way a normal Kings game would go.

They start out strong and everyone thinks they will win easily (Everyone was saying Martin for MIP around allstar time) but they slow down in the 4th (Kev slowed down a tad and his team missed the playoffs). Which causes them to give away another win they seemed to have had in the bag.

Nevertheless, Kevin deserved the award. He improved leaps and bounds. Monta just got a chance to play for a coach who wanted to run teams out of the gym. He also played n on a team who had oft injured guards (Davis and JRich). He did not really improve more of just adjusted to playing in the league like so many other 2nd year guys (Deron Williams, Lee, etc...).

Kevin played on a team full of scorers Bibby, Artest, SAR, BM, etc. and played for a coach that wanted to slow down the offense to boring offense of letting Artest doing whatever he wanted. Martin had, at most, an average of 2-4 plays designed to get him the shot. He just worked to get open and hoped that Mike/Artest would pass to him. Martin even made a few gamewinners and plenty of high energy plays that turned the tide of the game
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:14 PM   #40
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLKHC4uTKaY

Monta's Highlight on the NBA Rookie vs. Sophomore Game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWD4Y0CHiG8

Monta Ellis Rookie Highlight Reel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRCHwacqrt8

Monta Ellis 2006-07 Season watch at the middle of the video where he break Steve Nash's ankle via Cross over.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:29 PM   #41
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anyone think Monta going to be another Gilbert Arena's for the Warriors? I thought Biedrins(sp?) or Al Jefferson would get the award though.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:35 PM   #42
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Anyone think Monta going to be another Gilbert Arena's for the Warriors? I thought Biedrins(sp?) or Al Jefferson would get the award though.

Mybe not Warrios will keep him and Biedrins cause they are laying their corner stone for the future of this Franchise.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:36 PM   #43
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There was alotta arguments for Most Improved Player this year

Obviously Ellis, Al Jefferson, Biedris (sp?), Deron Williams, have already been said, but what about Tyson Chandler? Traded in the offseason to the Hornets for not producing enough for the Bulls, finishes the season second in the league in rebounds, I think he was like .4 behind KG. Not to mention he developed a little offensive game, I recall at least 1 20/20 game outta him. Pretty impressive in my opinion.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:42 PM   #44
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Congrats Monta.

D Lee Deserved It Also.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:43 PM   #45
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kevin Martin went from an average 6th man to the best/consistent player on his own team, when everyone would easily put Artest and Bibby ahead on him prior to this year.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: