Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #16
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Monta Ellis Named 2006-07 Most Improved Player

Kevin Martin got robbed.

BOOOOOOOO.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #17
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Quote:
It should go to a player who - in the same minutes - somehow just made himself better.

Its a little harder to find

Actually, I thought that was precisely why the award should have gone to Deron Williams.

No problem with Ellis winning, though. Or Kevin Martin.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:53 PM   #18
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
Actually, I thought that was precisely why the award should have gone to Deron Williams.

No problem with Ellis winning, though. Or Kevin Martin.

Exactly. If it is going to be for guys who improved the most in their 2nd season why not give it to Deron. But improvement in the 3rd season is more impressive than in the 1st. And Monta didn't get a lot of PT last season so it is more like he's just showing he can play this season. Not that he improved a lot. But I know for a fact that Kevin Martin worked like crazy in the offseason to improve. Their were articles I read in the Sac news paper about how he was in the gym every day, working on his shot and everything else. But because the Warriors made the FREAKING 8TH SEED Monta gets it? WTF!!!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 04:04 PM   #19
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

Quote:
But because the Warriors made the FREAKING 8TH SEED Monta gets it?

Well, the rationale behind voting for Monta was probably linked to them making the playoffs despite losing Baron Davis for 20 games. Ellis filled in nicely in his absence.

It not like the Warriors don't have any other talent though. And they have a great coach. Kings don't have nearly as much talent and Muss has already been fired, yet the Kings were in the race for most of the season, in large part due to Martin's emergence.

As for Deron Williams, he went from draft mistake to top 5 pg (2nd in league in assists) in one season, all in fairly comparable minutes to year 1. People weren't saying much about Williams last summer; seven months later, he very nearly made the all star team.

Last edited by CakeorDeath : 04-26-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:06 PM   #20
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Exactly so I don't see why Ellis got it. It should've been either Martin or Williams.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:08 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If the Kings didnt have Kevin Martin you would see how Monta Ellis got it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #22
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Actually if they switched teams Monta's stats would be worse and Kevin's PPG would be even higher because he'd be playing in Don Nelson's uptempo offense.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:15 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Actually if they switched teams Monta's stats would be worse and Kevin's PPG would be even higher because he'd be playing in Don Nelson's uptempo offense.

-"Negro please"
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:18 PM   #24
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

Quote:
Actually if they switched teams Monta's stats would be worse and Kevin's PPG would be even higher because he'd be playing in Don Nelson's uptempo offense

Don't know about that. Warriors are loaded at the 2-3 spots; between J-Rich, Jackson, Sarunas, and Pietrus, there's not a lot of minutes to go around there. I would assume that Martin would break into the rotation over the last two, but I don't think he would start, and I don't think he would log more than about 20 minutes per game.

Hard to say what his numbers would look like.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:25 PM   #25
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
Don't know about that. Warriors are loaded at the 2-3 spots; between J-Rich, Jackson, Sarunas, and Pietrus, there's not a lot of minutes to go around there. I would assume that Martin would break into the rotation over the last two, but I don't think he would start, and I don't think he would log more than about 20 minutes per game.

Hard to say what his numbers would look like.

He is a better player than 3 of those guys and J-Rich was injured for a long time this season.

as for Gobb and his Don Imus image WTF?
Old 04-26-2007, 04:29 PM   #26
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
WOW, I'm shocked that David Lee of NY wasn't even among the top 9 in those results . Pitiable.

may have been because of his injury problems? maybe because hes on the knicks?
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:31 PM   #27
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

well deserved...
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:38 PM   #28
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Congrats to Monta Ellis
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:56 PM   #29
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedy Central
Had the warriors not make the playoffs the award would probably go to Kevin Martin. The media has gone way too far in overrating team achievement when comparing individual players.
I totally agree. I really thought that either Kevin or Deron would have won, and I thought Deron would have won because voters always factor in team success, so I'm surprised Ellis beat out Deron. You are right, if the warriors had missed playoffs, no way would Ellis win it.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:23 PM   #30
Fudge
dont hate on da brodie

Fudge has decent reputationFudge has decent reputation

Wow i never thought it would end up like this? But hey what if something drastic happened? Maybe Nash or Kobe winning the MVP? lol
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: