Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-26-2007, 09:01 AM   #16
Fudge
Balance of Opposites

Fudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: "You're No Scottie Pippen: Should Lakers Get Rid of Odom" ARTICLE FROM BSO.COM

Never will/will be Scottie.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:07 AM   #17
Gil0
I airball my layups

Gil0 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: "You're No Scottie Pippen: Should Lakers Get Rid of Odom" ARTICLE FROM BSO.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALlArOuNDPIaya
Lamar is TON closer to Pippen than Kobe is to Michael Jordan... impact wise. I can't stand these morons that write these clips.

Completely agree
Gil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:51 AM   #18
Bond007
Serious playground baller

Bond007 has an OK reputation so far

odom is no pip and kobe is the closes thing to MJ now.
Bond007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:30 AM   #19
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10
. Not as good but he plays the same freaking style of game,

Kobe's style of play is certainly not like Jordan's. Maybe 34 year old Jordan...

Jordan was a much more aggressive player than Kobe. I agree that Kobe is the best perimeter player in the league just like Jordan was, but he's not nearly the indisputable best player in the league like Jordan was.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:50 AM   #20
Batchoy
Decent playground baller

Batchoy has an OK reputation so far

Kobe is to Jordan as Nowitski is to Bird.
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:56 AM   #21
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected poster

Kobe is to LA LAKERS as Lebron is to the Cavaliers.
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:08 AM   #22
sodapop
Decent playground baller

sodapop has an OK reputation so far

First, get rid of the Kobe & Jordan Drama. Jordan has done his job and moved on. Let Jordan go people! It's been 9 to 11 years since the Bulls split up and how come people can't get over it? Kobe don't want to be in MJ's shadow. Kobe is Kobe, that's how Kobe want it to be. Blame the media- Don't Believe The Hype! Odom compared to Pippen? I don't see it nor I don't care. I see Odom out on the court playing good basketball, not a Pippen shadow. Leave the greats of the past in the past and let todays stars build there own chapter.
sodapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:14 PM   #23
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batchoy
Kobe is to Jordan as Nowitski is to Bird.

That's a good analogy, actually. Kobe's a bit closer to Jordan than Dirk is to Bird, however, because of his defense and clutchness.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:55 PM   #24
Batchoy
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
That's a good analogy, actually. Kobe's a bit closer to Jordan than Dirk is to Bird, however, because of his defense and clutchness.
Nope. If Nowitski=Bird, then Kobe=Jordan.

Not, if Nowitski + defense + clutch = Bird, then Kobe = Jordan. The comparisons are not that far apart.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:56 PM   #25
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quit this bull**** kids, y'all never seen Bird play.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:05 PM   #26
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Nope. If Nowitski=Bird, then Kobe=Jordan.

Not, if Nowitski + defense + clutch = Bird, then Kobe = Jordan. The comparisons are not that far apart.

Wait, you were actually under the impression that Dirk = Bird? I thought you were using the (certain) difference between them in terms of impact/play and comparing that to the (certain) difference between Kobe and Jordan.

All in all, It's unclear what you're trying to say.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:09 PM   #27
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The only thing Dirk has in common with Larry is that they're both white and ugly. The comparisons end there.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:10 PM   #28
Batchoy
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
Quit this bull**** kids, y'all never seen Bird play.
I've seen Bird play since he entered the league. Seen almost every Laker game since Magic entered the league. I hated Bird because he was the only player I was scared to see play The Lakers. Wasn't a great athlete, but made himself one of the greatest basketball players ever. Appreciated Bird's greatness later on in life when I took a step back as a rabid Laker fan and saw how Bird did everything to try to win. Bird made his teammates play their best and pushed them to even play better when it mattered. Just like Magic. Just like Jordan.

So I believe I can make this comparison...If Kobe = Jordan, then Nowitski = Bird. You can take it any way you want, but this is what i think. Because I think Kobe is as close to MJ, as Nowitski is as close to Bird.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:19 PM   #29
Batchoy
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Wait, you were actually under the impression that Dirk = Bird? I thought you were using the (certain) difference between them in terms of impact/play and comparing that to the (certain) difference between Kobe and Jordan.

All in all, It's unclear what you're trying to say.
I thought I was clear in what I was trying to point out. Kobe is as close to Jordan as a basketball player as Nowitski is to Bird. I just forgot to mention that Nowitski may crack the top 50 or top 40 of all time (his career ain't over yet), but Birds entrenched in the top 10.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:29 PM   #30
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Because I think Kobe is as close to MJ, as Nowitski is as close to Bird.

Which is to say, then, not really close.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: