Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-25-2007, 09:54 PM   #1
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board
Default Why doesn't Kenny Smith get more heat from fans?

The guy either just states the obvious or beats around the bush to deflect away from the fact he has no idea what he's talking about.

I always give him a free pass cause he's funny, but he's always knocking Chuck for not knowing anything, when he himself doesn't really state anything of note, he just says things in a manner which makes him sound like he knows what he's talking about.

Ernie: Now Kenny, what was the difference in this game?

Kenny: Just better momentum............................. they had a lead for a little bit and they kept with it. You see...............................when you have a lead...................................it makes things easier on everyone...........................*talks with hands*........................ because you're not thinking about anything.............................just playing the game...........................all of a sudden that lead could dwindle..................................or it could increase.....................................but as long as you got that lead...........................its on your mind.............................now Chuck and anyone else who has played in the NBA can attest to this...............................sometimes you just get there and play the game.....................*stops talking with hands*............................so it makes things easier. *taps on his notes with a pen*

Chuck : Man, that didn't make ANY sense.

Kenny: Not to you, cause you got food on your mind.

*Magic chuckles*

cut to commercial.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Why doesn't Kenny Smith get more heat from fans?

He isnt really there for his knowledge he is there more for his personality and jokes because it is what makes TNT the most entertaining NBA broadcast on TV.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:56 PM   #3
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
The guy either just states the obvious or beats around the bush to deflect away from the fact he has no idea what he's talking about.

I always give him a free pass cause he's funny, but he's always knocking Chuck for not knowing anything, when he himself doesn't really state anything of note, he just says things in a manner which makes him sound like he knows what he's talking about.

Ernie: Now Kenny, what was the difference in this game?

Kenny: Just better momentum............................. they had a lead for a little bit and they kept with it. You see...............................when you have a lead...................................it makes things easier on everyone...........................*talks with hands*........................ because you're not thinking about anything.............................just playing the game...........................all of a sudden that lead could dwindle..................................or it could increase.....................................but as long as you got that lead...........................its on your mind.............................now Chuck and anyone else who has played in the NBA can attest to this...............................sometimes you just get there and play the game.....................*stops talking with hands*............................so it makes things easier. *taps on his notes with a pen*

Chuck : Man, that didn't make ANY sense.

Kenny: Not to you, cause you got food on your mind.

*Magic chuckles*

cut to commercial.

Don't you love his empty headed comments on NBA2K7 that have nothing to do with the player that made the play? 2k7 is way better than Live, but the commentary is awful.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:59 PM   #4
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Because ISH is full of real fans who already know why a team is looking good or bad. Dont watch to be told that. Watch them because its entertaining. Id rather hear Kenny Smith state the obvious than Greg Anthony tell me something true that I didnt notice.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:00 PM   #5
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
He isnt really there for his knowledge he is there more for his personality and jokes because it is what makes TNT the most entertaining NBA broadcast on TV.

True. I guess that's the reason I never noticed until today.

Chuck is fat though. He probably takes up Dwanye Wades whole five.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:02 PM   #6
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Chuck is fat though

"Misha Barton and her blank stare" as quoted by Google.com.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:18 PM   #7
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

TNT is like ISH in that way. People COME because they want to talk/hear about basketball, but they STAY because of the humor/personality. Which is why ISH and TNT both = #1
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:22 PM   #8
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

Yea Kenny is alright; he is a revered man around the basketball community.

On another note, did Rosey Odonnald really quit the View?
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #9
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

I noticed because I watched him this year doing the Knicks broadcast night in and night out. Now i'm immune to his lack of basketball knowledge even though I know it exists.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:33 PM   #10
bence23
High School Varsity 6th Man

bence23 has not been impressing people

cuz his flashy suits are distracting
bence23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:35 PM   #11
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

because he is a funny dude. he cracks me up in that infomercial for the new Bowflex wannabe machine
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:45 PM   #12
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

we're ISH. we know as much or more than pretty much every announcer we'll ever listen to. they're there to provide a soundtrack to the game and entertain us. people like Kenny Smith because he's entertaining and doesn't say stupid ****. that's pretty much all it takes.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:56 PM   #13
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

Speak for yourself. My BBall knowledge sucks.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:00 PM   #14
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
TNT is like ISH in that way. People COME because they want to talk/hear about basketball, but they STAY because of the humor/personality. Which is why ISH and TNT both = #1
What an analogy!
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:04 PM   #15
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

I love Kenny, he's a funny guy he always talks and talks and talks nonsense.
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: