Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2007, 10:54 PM   #1
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star
 
TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,818
Default Why doesn't Kenny Smith get more heat from fans?

The guy either just states the obvious or beats around the bush to deflect away from the fact he has no idea what he's talking about.

I always give him a free pass cause he's funny, but he's always knocking Chuck for not knowing anything, when he himself doesn't really state anything of note, he just says things in a manner which makes him sound like he knows what he's talking about.



Ernie: Now Kenny, what was the difference in this game?

Kenny: Just better momentum............................. they had a lead for a little bit and they kept with it. You see...............................when you have a lead...................................it makes things easier on everyone...........................*talks with hands*........................ because you're not thinking about anything.............................just playing the game...........................all of a sudden that lead could dwindle..................................or it could increase.....................................but as long as you got that lead...........................its on your mind.............................now Chuck and anyone else who has played in the NBA can attest to this...............................sometimes you just get there and play the game.....................*stops talking with hands*............................so it makes things easier. *taps on his notes with a pen*

Chuck : Man, that didn't make ANY sense.

Kenny: Not to you, cause you got food on your mind.

*Magic chuckles*

cut to commercial.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:56 PM   #2
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 23,180
Default Re: Why doesn't Kenny Smith get more heat from fans?

He isnt really there for his knowledge he is there more for his personality and jokes because it is what makes TNT the most entertaining NBA broadcast on TV.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:56 PM   #3
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 6,103
Default Re: Why doesn't Kenny Smith get more heat from fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
The guy either just states the obvious or beats around the bush to deflect away from the fact he has no idea what he's talking about.

I always give him a free pass cause he's funny, but he's always knocking Chuck for not knowing anything, when he himself doesn't really state anything of note, he just says things in a manner which makes him sound like he knows what he's talking about.



Ernie: Now Kenny, what was the difference in this game?

Kenny: Just better momentum............................. they had a lead for a little bit and they kept with it. You see...............................when you have a lead...................................it makes things easier on everyone...........................*talks with hands*........................ because you're not thinking about anything.............................just playing the game...........................all of a sudden that lead could dwindle..................................or it could increase.....................................but as long as you got that lead...........................its on your mind.............................now Chuck and anyone else who has played in the NBA can attest to this...............................sometimes you just get there and play the game.....................*stops talking with hands*............................so it makes things easier. *taps on his notes with a pen*

Chuck : Man, that didn't make ANY sense.

Kenny: Not to you, cause you got food on your mind.

*Magic chuckles*

cut to commercial.

Don't you love his empty headed comments on NBA2K7 that have nothing to do with the player that made the play? 2k7 is way better than Live, but the commentary is awful.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:59 PM   #4
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 13,599
Default Re: Why doesn't Kenny Smith get more heat from fans?

Because ISH is full of real fans who already know why a team is looking good or bad. Dont watch to be told that. Watch them because its entertaining. Id rather hear Kenny Smith state the obvious than Greg Anthony tell me something true that I didnt notice.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:00 PM   #5
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star
 
TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,818
Default Re: Why doesn't Kenny Smith get more heat from fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
He isnt really there for his knowledge he is there more for his personality and jokes because it is what makes TNT the most entertaining NBA broadcast on TV.

True. I guess that's the reason I never noticed until today.

Chuck is fat though. He probably takes up Dwanye Wades whole five.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:02 PM   #6
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,986
Default Re: Why doesn't Kenny Smith get more heat from fans?

Quote:
Chuck is fat though



"Misha Barton and her blank stare" as quoted by Google.com.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:18 PM   #7
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,592
Default Re: Why doesn't Kenny Smith get more heat from fans?

TNT is like ISH in that way. People COME because they want to talk/hear about basketball, but they STAY because of the humor/personality. Which is why ISH and TNT both = #1
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:22 PM   #8
poorlilrich
woop woop
 
poorlilrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,557
Default Re: Why doesn't Kenny Smith get more heat from fans?

Yea Kenny is alright; he is a revered man around the basketball community.

On another note, did Rosey Odonnald really quit the View?
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:23 PM   #9
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,121
Default Re: Why doesn't Kenny Smith get more heat from fans?

I noticed because I watched him this year doing the Knicks broadcast night in and night out. Now i'm immune to his lack of basketball knowledge even though I know it exists.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:33 PM   #10
bence23
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
bence23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 782
Default Re: Why doesn't Kenny Smith get more heat from fans?

cuz his flashy suits are distracting
bence23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:35 PM   #11
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year
 
DatZNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,845
Default Re: Why doesn't Kenny Smith get more heat from fans?

because he is a funny dude. he cracks me up in that infomercial for the new Bowflex wannabe machine
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:45 PM   #12
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™
 
geeWiz15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: limbo
Posts: 5,765
Default Re: Why doesn't Kenny Smith get more heat from fans?

we're ISH. we know as much or more than pretty much every announcer we'll ever listen to. they're there to provide a soundtrack to the game and entertain us. people like Kenny Smith because he's entertaining and doesn't say stupid ****. that's pretty much all it takes.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:56 PM   #13
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star
 
TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,818
Default Re: Why doesn't Kenny Smith get more heat from fans?

Speak for yourself. My BBall knowledge sucks.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:00 AM   #14
RidonKs
NBA Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Free Hat!
Posts: 17,911
Default Re: Why doesn't Kenny Smith get more heat from fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
TNT is like ISH in that way. People COME because they want to talk/hear about basketball, but they STAY because of the humor/personality. Which is why ISH and TNT both = #1
What an analogy!
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:04 AM   #15
beau_boy04
Local High School Star
 
beau_boy04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,287
Default Re: Why doesn't Kenny Smith get more heat from fans?

I love Kenny, he's a funny guy he always talks and talks and talks nonsense.
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:28 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy