Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-25-2007, 05:55 PM   #1
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation
Default Stern says 5 NBA teams in Europe within 20 years

Thoughts?
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
guangmoreno
Banned

guangmoreno has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Stern says 5 NBA teams in Europe within 20 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
Thoughts?
how?????

there will be NBA TEAMS here in europe with european players or worldwide?
guangmoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
pro5
Banned

pro5 has an OK reputation so far

that will be some crazy jet lag.
pro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

umm.... no

at least I hope not

how dumb would that be? there's just too many things that could get F'd up.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:58 PM   #5
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

Link?

If this true, than thats great. It'll create tons of new basketball fans, and in the long run create tons of great NBA talents. I don't know how they would play 82 games each season though. I heard it takes 20 hours from where I am in NY to get to Switzerland. These teams would probably have to play each other 10+ times each season to complete 82. If they wanted to keep the schedule in normal format, I think it would drag the season out, because it would take a lot of travel time.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:58 PM   #6
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by guangmoreno
how?????

there will be NBA TEAMS here in europe with european players or worldwide?

Is the Raptors a team of Canadians? Just a thought.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:00 PM   #7
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

thats bull****.

no way. its just not possible.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:00 PM   #8
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

that would be the worst thing thats ever happened to the league. i doubt that players want it, and i doubt that the majority of fans want it. keep the NBA in the USA and canada, let them have their own leagues. it works fine now, why mess with success?
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:01 PM   #9
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro5
that will be some crazy jet lag.

Teams will probably stay there for a while, kind of like in mlb when they do AL vs NL. You won't see a team go back and forth often but that is still complex trying to figure out. And the European teams will do the same when they come to the States. The main problem would be long road trips.

Last edited by Xsatyr : 04-25-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:01 PM   #10
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far

They should bring back the Concorde, otherwise its gonna be a pain in the ass for teams to travel to Europe.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:02 PM   #11
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Is the Raptors a team of Canadians? Just a thought.
Toronto is located like driving distance away from America right? Europe is located across a gigantic fking ocean away from America. Canadian culture near the border is practically the same as American. its splitting hairs. having a NATIONAL basketball association in fking Paris is not comparable.

seriously I could go 500 words right now outlining why this is a horrible idea and never will/could happen but I don't think I need to. I think this is fairly straightforward.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:03 PM   #12
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsatyr
Teams will probably stay there for a while, kind of like in mlb when they do AL vs NL. You won't see a team go back and forth often but that is still complex trying to figure out. And the European teams will do the same when they come to the States. The main problem would be long road trips.

Al and NL are still in the US though, not overseas.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:04 PM   #13
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

I don't like the idea. If the NBA wants to make money off Europe, then they should buy/start a Euroleague that exists separately and maybe has a game or two versus the North American NBA (like the All-Star game or something). But don't make players fly across the Atlantic for regular season games, that's just dumb.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:06 PM   #14
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

If he moves teams and not create new ones, then maybe.

Expansion has already watered down the quality of the league by keeping a lot of great talent from being able to play with each other. Pretty much every team has one player that would make another a title contender.

Adding 5 or even 1 more team would hurt the league, and piss me off.

IF they move franchises to Europe, then they'd have to expand the length of the season to deal with the traveling.

Sure it would create new fans, but it would kill the players as far as traveling. like Western teams may aswell just play all of the 5 Europe teams on 1 trip

Plus, I pray that Stern isn't the Commish for 20 years, even 1 year is too much
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:06 PM   #15
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
I don't like the idea. If the NBA wants to make money off Europe, then they should buy/start a Euroleague that exists separately and maybe has a game or two versus the North American NBA (like the All-Star game or something). But don't make players fly across the Atlantic for regular season games, that's just dumb.
Coulf you imagine the Rockets with a back 2 back against Amsterdam and Phoenix.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: