Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-25-2007, 07:14 PM   #31
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Camby to be named DPOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
wrong. everybody i know that likes the NBA hates watching the spurs. alot of people find them extremely boring. i have league pass and watch multiple games pretty much every day and i only watch the spurs if they are playing a team that i always watch. i probably didnt see them play more than 7 or 8 times this year out of the **** load of games that i watch.
yeah I don't understand this opinion. TO me the Boring ball is the uncontested layups and dunks so frequent with the run and gun. THat game between the suns and mavs last fall was terrible in my mind. No D at all, just run the floor and fill it up. Highlights are not good basketball. Give me spurs, pistons or bulls anyday of the week.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:18 PM   #32
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
yeah I don't understand this opinion. TO me the Boring ball is the uncontested layups and dunks so frequent with the run and gun. THat game between the suns and mavs last fall was terrible in my mind. No D at all, just run the floor and fill it up. Highlights are not good basketball. Give me spurs, pistons or bulls anyday of the week.

I completely agree with you give me the Spurs incredible team D and offensive execution, Kirk Hinrich's D, and the Pistons flawless chemistry over and offensive shootout 8 out of 10 times. The other two times i would rather watch a shootout because i enjoy those too but to a lesser degree.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:20 PM   #33
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound

its only partly the spurs style of play that makes me dislike them. it is also because they have ZERO players that i like on the team. many of my least favorite players in the league and the players that i personally think are very boring play for the spurs. actually my opinion is probably caused more by the players on the team than the way the team plays.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:45 PM   #34
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

No mention of Artest?

He might be crazy. He might be on a losing team.

But he's one helluva defender.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #35
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
No mention of Artest?

He might be crazy. He might be on a losing team.

But he's one helluva defender.
Hasn't done a whole hell of a lot this year though.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:28 PM   #36
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputation

Congratulations He deserve it.
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:27 PM   #37
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Here we go with the "Blocks don't count" bullcrap again. If Camby or Josh Smith aren't good defenders even though they block 3 shots per game, then how in the hell do you determine DPOTY?

"In the 4 games I saw Bruce Bowen play he really stayed in front of his man"

"Artest was good in Indiana so he has to be still good in Sactown, right?"

Stats don't obviously tell you the entire story but if you don't have stats you shouldn't be in the discussion.

I think that Salim Stoudamire is the best 3 point shooter in the league but since he only shot 38% from 3 in limited action I can't give him the 3 point title.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:37 PM   #38
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

Congrats to my fave centre in the League
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:37 AM   #39
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

Need further evidence center Marcus Camby should clear a shelf for a trophy?

Commissioner David Stern is scheduled to attend Game 3 at the Pepsi Center after being scheduled to attend tonight's Dallas at Golden State game. Camby is expected to be honored for winning Defensive Player of the Year. Golden State's Monta Ellis will be honored tonight for winning Most Improved Player.

Camby is expected to be named Defensive Player of the Year today. He would consider it a team honor.

paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:27 AM   #40
biisak
Yeah, Im from Sweden

biisak has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
Bruce plays great defense because he can gamble and take chances because he knows he has someone named Duncan that will clean up his mess if he fails.

No Bruce plays great defense because hes always out there guarding the best player at the position at which most points are scored. Why dont you watch some games instead of boxscores.
biisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:56 AM   #41
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Camby is expected to be named Defensive Player of the Year today. He would consider it a team honor.
Why, because he wants it to be considered a bigger joke than it already is?
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:12 PM   #42
paguy1955
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Why, because he wants it to be considered a bigger joke than it already is?

the bigger joke is your IQ
Old 04-27-2007, 12:17 PM   #43
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

"So the guy turns to me and he says: 'saKf's IQ'."

*audience bursts into laughter*
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #44
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf

"So the guy turns to me and he says: 'saKf's IQ'."

*audience bursts into laughter*
top stuff.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:11 PM   #45
paguy1955
High School Starter

Report: Marcus Camby Defensive Player of the Year

April 27, 2007 12:17 PM

Marc J. Spears of the Denver Post has the scoop:

"It would be the greatest award I've received, other than college player of the year (at the University of Massachusetts in 1996). There are so many great people that won the award," said Camby, in a phone interview Thursday.

The Nuggets are expected to announce the award during a press conference today. NBA commissioner David Stern will be at Game 3 Saturday night at the Pepsi Center and is expected to give Camby the award prior to the game against San Antonio. While the media voting for the award has yet to be released, other candidates included San Antonio forwards Tim Duncan and Bruce Bowen and Phoenix's Shawn Marion. Chicago center Ben Wallace won the past two awards and four of the past five as a member of the Detroit Pistons.

"I just try to be consistent with rebounding the basketball and blocking shots and having trust from my teammates that if they get beat I'll be there to block a shot," Camby said. "I led the league in blocks and finished top four in rebounding. I try to be consistent with that."

Camby is no doubt getting the award on the basis of his gaudy block (3.3 per game, first in the league) and rebound (11.7 per game, tied for fourth) statistics. And at those things, he is amazing. He has the gift of the block, and he should absolutely be recognized in some fashion for that.

We need better ways to measure defense, though, because more than one basketball person has told me that Camby could help his team a lot more on the defensive end.

When defending pick and rolls, the key skill of NBA defense, Camby doesn't often even try to show, trap, or do anything to impede the ball-handler's path to the paint. That means a lot of plays that might have resulted in a frustrated offense -- but no stats for anyone -- instead result in a large number of plays at the rim. That's an inflated number of layups, runners, floaters, and dunks for the other team, which really hurts Denver, as well as an inflated number of blocks and rebounds for Mr. Camby.

Denver Nuggets

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: