Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-25-2007, 06:30 PM   #16
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Default Re: Camby to be named DPOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Probably the same as the majority of ISH. Duncan's certainly way up there, and probably my pick to win it all. Battier has to be there, considering how solid both he and Houston have been all year. I'd love to see Hinrich get some love, but the award's more likely to go to Jamison than that to happen. Okafor and JO are possibilities, although I don't like that they didn't make the playoffs. I'd probably give it to Okafor first out of those two. Despite his poor start, Ben Wallace is still a candidate. KG would be a fine choice as well, despite the poor record. Ummm... can't think of anyone else. My list would go...

Duncan
Battier
Hinrich
Wallace
KG
Okafor
Jermaine

Something like that anyways. Bottom six could easily be moved around, as long as Duncan's up top. Hell, even Duncan could move down. He does need some hate, we do have that thread afterall. Those would be my top 7 though.

All would be good choices and i agree with you on Hinrich but it is very hard for a gaurd to win DPOY. Out of those i would say Duncan, Emeka, and KG would be my top 3 for the award.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:31 PM   #17
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Very undeserved.

how do you figure?

i'm happy for him and i believe he deserves it. he always is near the top in blocks and rebounds and just works hard on defense.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:33 PM   #18
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

no josh smith on anyone's list?
Old 04-25-2007, 06:33 PM   #19
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
All would be good choices and i agree with you on Hinrich but it is very hard for a gaurd to win DPOY.
Yeah, I really don't think the DPOY should ever go to a perimeter player. Bigmen mean so much more when it all comes down to it, I don't think it's right giving it to a guard, or even a SF. I love me some Hinrich and Battier, but they just don't effect the game as much as an Okafor.

I also think Sheed could definitely use a mention or two.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:36 PM   #20
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Good list Ridonks. For me it goes like this:

1) Duncan
2) KG
3) Battier
4) Wallace
5) Okafor
6) Jermaine
7) Prince
8) Kirk
9) Camby
10) Marion
11) Parker

That's how I figure. There are at least 8 players that are better defenders then he is. I didn't even include Artest or Bowen because they both had off years (Bowen losing it a bit, Artest sitting out random games and not being into it).

Camby is a great at weak side blocking and he has always been a good rebounder, but he isn't the one-on-one defender that the media would have you believe. He gets pushed around in the paint by big guys and often loses his defensive focus in that hectic, fast-paced Nuggets game plan. I don't see how a player on the worst defensive team can win the award. Give it to Battier or Duncan. Both of them had stellar years defensively, both of their teams are great defensively and both of their teams are winners.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:36 PM   #21
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Yeah, I really don't think the DPOY should ever go to a perimeter player. Bigmen mean so much more when it all comes down to it, I don't think it's right giving it to a guard, or even a SF. I love me some Hinrich and Battier, but they just don't effect the game as much as an Okafor.

I also think Sheed could definitely use a mention or two.

Yeah, a bigman can affect an entire team if he is a dominant defender while a guard can only really affect the man he is guarding. Sheed is a very underrated defender people overlooked him the past couple years because he was overshadowed by Big Ben.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:36 PM   #22
Zombles
Local High School Star

how long has Duncan anchored one of the best defences in the league? Can he please get some love.

chances are he'll wind up his career with 0 DPOY awards, almost as much bull**** as Shaq's 1 MVP.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:43 PM   #23
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
I don't see how a player on the worst defensive team can win the award.
Seriously.

Come to think of it, this a travesty (or a travshamockery for wiz) to the award. Denver gives up over 103 points per game, and they have the defensive player of the year? I don't care about tempo, that just doesn't happen. I don't think any DPOY-led team has given up more than 91 PPG in the past 7 years. Absolute garbage.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:48 PM   #24
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Duncan is obviously the dpoy. cmon guys. it's not even close. you watch the spurs right? they're on national television once in awhile, you should check it out. do you know what funneling is? it's when 4 guys guarding the perimiter steer their guys to the middle of the floor where Duncan is. know why it works? because Tim Duncan is the DPOY! case closed.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:03 PM   #25
pro5
Banned

lol if Bruce won it, it would be called "Dirtiest Player Of the Year"
pro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:06 PM   #26
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Duncan is obviously the dpoy. cmon guys. it's not even close. you watch the spurs right? they're on national television once in awhile, you should check it out. do you know what funneling is? it's when 4 guys guarding the perimiter steer their guys to the middle of the floor where Duncan is. know why it works? because Tim Duncan is the DPOY! case closed.

wrong. everybody i know that likes the NBA hates watching the spurs. alot of people find them extremely boring. i have league pass and watch multiple games pretty much every day and i only watch the spurs if they are playing a team that i always watch. i probably didnt see them play more than 7 or 8 times this year out of the **** load of games that i watch.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #27
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

F this. Camby is nowhere near the best defensive player in the league.

If you want more of my thoughts, they're posted in several threads from the past couple months.

DPOY, what an F'ing joke.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:57 PM   #28
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
wrong. everybody i know that likes the NBA hates watching the spurs. alot of people find them extremely boring. i have league pass and watch multiple games pretty much every day and i only watch the spurs if they are playing a team that i always watch. i probably didnt see them play more than 7 or 8 times this year out of the **** load of games that i watch.

Really? Spurs are extremely exciting to watch IMO. They actually play smart basketball. Duncan in the post, Parker and Ginobili. I dunno why people always call them boring. They get the job done. If you'd rather watch the Cavs or something that's a shame.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:11 PM   #29
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
camby deserves it...well done
cause he "anchors" a D that give sup 104 pts a game at 46%?

Shotblocking Does not equal D.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:13 PM   #30
despurs
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro5
lol if Bruce won it, it would be called "Dirtiest Player Of the Year"

despurs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: