Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-25-2007, 02:02 PM   #1
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Pacers fire coach Rick Carlisle

http://www.insidehoops.com/carlisle-fired-042507.shtml

Last edited by insidehoops : 04-25-2007 at 02:23 PM.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:04 PM   #2
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Carlisle just got fired

I guess it's Carlisle's fault that Artest flipped out 3 years ago, and it's also his fault that O'Neal and Tinsley couldn't stay healthy. And it's also his fault that the front office made that boneheaded trade for the pair of white stiffs.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:05 PM   #3
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

That team is a mess.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:05 PM   #4
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

any team need an excellent xs and os coach with no people skills? kings? cats?
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:05 PM   #5
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Its unbelieveable that they had the best record in the league just 3 years ago.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:06 PM   #6
dak121
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I guess it's Carlisle's fault that Artest flipped out 3 years ago, and it's also his fault that O'Neal and Tinsley couldn't stay healthy. And it's also his fault that the front office made that boneheaded trade for the pair of white stiffs.

You think Bird is going to fire himself? It was just a matter of time before Carlisle got the boot.

O'neal is the next one to go most likely. The brawl totally screwed that franchise over. Everyone involved in it is leaving one after another.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:06 PM   #7
eboloid
Flash Gordo

eboloid has an OK reputation so far

Carlisle, Adelman, Fratello, Iavaroni to be had in the off-season. That's going to spice up the boring summer a bit, I hope. When was the last time that free agent coaches were more interesting than players?
eboloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:07 PM   #8
Moose

Damn, thats sucks big time. I wonder who they'll pick up now?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:07 PM   #9
dak121
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboloid
Carlisle, Adelman, Fratello, Iavaroni to be had in the off-season. That's going to spice up the boring summer a bit, I hope. When was the last time that free agent coaches were more interesting than players?

Don't forget Sam Mitchell. I'm still not convinced that Colangelo wants him back.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:08 PM   #10
NBAFan
Kids at the park dunk on me

NBAFan has an OK reputation so far

They'll soon regret it, like Kings with Adelman. Bring Musselman in!
NBAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #11
eboloid
Flash Gordo

eboloid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Don't forget Sam Mitchell. I'm still not convinced that Colangelo wants him back.

Sam Mitchell is the Mike James of coaching free agents. Had one overachieving season, hometown fans want him gone, somebody desperate and stupid will panic and throw money at him only to feel really stupid a year into the deal.
eboloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #12
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can't think of anyone they could bring in that would be even remotely close to his skill level as a coach.

Adleman may be the Anti-Carisle; All offense no defense, so he could be close, but when you look at Carisle's ability to man the ship when the sh!t hits the fan I don't think anyone is even close.

Poor Carisle. He may be a prick with 0 social skills, but he is a top 5 coach and has gotten screwed twice now.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:14 PM   #13
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

They were showing part of the press conference on outside the line on ESPN and 2 seconds after it started my cable went out!!!!
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:16 PM   #14
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

under the radar but les alexander had decided not to extend jvg's contract. they still havent agreed to anything yet.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:18 PM   #15
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I can't think of anyone they could bring in that would be even remotely close to his skill level as a coach.

Adleman may be the Anti-Carisle; All offense no defense, so he could be close, but when you look at Carisle's ability to man the ship when the sh!t hits the fan I don't think anyone is even close.

Poor Carisle. He may be a prick with 0 social skills, but he is a top 5 coach and has gotten screwed twice now.
how was the larry brown divorce in indi? can't recall if he burned bridges there or not. not that he'd mesh with that team necessarily, but he's at least at rick's level. jim o'brien might not be a bad pick either.

personally i think bird should be the coach. force him to clean up his mess the way dolan did to isiah.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: