Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-25-2007, 01:41 PM   #16
obonpaxis
Decent playground baller

obonpaxis has decent reputation
Default Re: Why does Dwayne wade constantly act like he is hurting after he makes a shot?

If my left shoulder was held together with spit and ceiling wax, I'd probably be grimacing like an idiot too. Yeah he's a bit of a drama queen, and yeah ye gets more whistles than a hooker walking past a construction zone, but I'd still choose him (when healthy) as my go-to guy in the clutch over anyone else who came out in '03.

And seriously, if Lebron drove to the hoop as often as Wade, you don't think he'd get to the stripe three or four more times per game?
obonpaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #17
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board
Default Re: Why does Dwayne wade constantly act like he is hurting after he makes a shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Its probably cause he is hurting...that injury was pretty serious and alot of people thought he rushed back too fast!

Most likely. He certainly rushed back. He may very well still be hurting.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:16 PM   #18
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Most likely. He certainly rushed back. He may very well still be hurting.
This isn't just something that is occurring since his comeback, though. He has been doing it the last two years. I like DWade. He has great game and he seems like a decent guy... but dude has to stop his flopping around and "I'm hurt" acts on every other play. I will repeat... this is not something recent.

If you 'cry wolf' too often, no one is going to believe it when you actually do get hurt.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:16 PM   #19
shok
Decent playground baller

shok has an OK reputation so far

But then again he is a supreme talent and we all want him on our respective teams.
shok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:23 PM   #20
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
This isn't just something that is occurring since his comeback, though. He has been doing it the last two years. I like DWade. He has great game and he seems like a decent guy... but dude has to stop his flopping around and "I'm hurt" acts on every other play. I will repeat... this is not something recent.

If you 'cry wolf' too often, no one is going to believe it when you actually do get hurt.

Ok, I'll admit that he does act sometimes... last year, one of the commentators pointed it out in a game. He was limping back up the court on defense, and then he suddenly pulled off an amazing move on the other end of the court...

But in this paticular case, who's to say that D. Wade isn't really hurt. Granted, he may have cried wolf a few too many times but I do think that he may be legitimately hurt... The guy did dislocate his shoulder.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:27 PM   #21
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Because he is a drama queen, a biitch, a joke, a manufactured superstar etc etc...

BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:33 PM   #22
ronron15
High School Starter

ronron15 is considered somewhat coolronron15 is considered somewhat cool

i think cause its good for commercials

fall down eight times. get up nine...

his portrayed image got in his head
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:37 PM   #23
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
Because he is a drama queen, a biitch, a joke, a manufactured superstar etc etc...

I think this sums it up pretty well.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:44 PM   #24
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Seriously. Don't you guys remember during last years playoffs when the news was reporting that he was hurting so bad he had to walk around practice leaning on a push cart or something because he couldn't walk, and then he had a huge game?

I think it was last year in the Piston's series.

This guy is a joke. He was a talented basketball player, and still could be, but his whole game has turned into acting, more than playing basketball.

I can't help but wonder why this year TNT isn't showing replays of foul calls during the playoffs.

I thought it was maybe because of the whole Crawford/Duncan thing and they didn't want to cause anymore trouble, but I'm also wondering if it isn't a DWhistle thing, because I don't know ANYONE who isn't a Miami fan, or a D Wade fan, that was happy about last years finals turning into a free throw shooting contest.

Mathius
not to mention having the flu throughout the entire postseason. What the **** strand of the flu did he have?
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:56 PM   #25
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:

Lol, that's basically what people wanted to hear. This thread was made for the express purpose of hating...
Old 04-25-2007, 03:02 PM   #26
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Lol, that's basically what people wanted to hear. This thread was made for the express purpose of hating...

How dudes ponder about this type of sh/t is beyond me..
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:45 PM   #27
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

If you watched him in college he was doing the same ****.

He does take it hard to the basket, but so do a lot of guys.

I think, as someone mentioned, that he is building a reputation for both on the court (getting calls) and off the court (he's trying to be the gritty, always gets up to play guy, and the commercials represent that. I'm sure he had a say on the concept of the commercial (they present different story boards for players to choose) and he approved that one.)

He's a great player, but he's either injury prone, a baby or has poor in flight body control because, as I mentioned, there are other guys who go to the hoop just as much without falling down, grimacing and getting injured.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:51 PM   #28
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
How dudes ponder about this type of sh/t is beyond me..

You've been around Ish long enough... It shouldn't be a surprise.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:40 PM   #29
JeanPaulGaultier
I airball my layups

JeanPaulGaultier has an OK reputation so far

Wade's always been a flopper. He's got some great skills but a big part of his game is charging into the lane, trying to get some contact (fake or not), and flailing around like he just got hit with a shotgun shell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZyD3Zjuxvw
JeanPaulGaultier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:31 PM   #30
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe
Why does he fall on the ground everytime he makes a lay-up?

yeah, that's what i wanna know. i used to like him, but now he's turning into a crybaby player. he needs to cry over how much he paid for those murals in his house cause they suck.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: