Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-25-2007, 04:10 PM   #76
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Did Kobe waste his career by signing with Lakers again?

I thought he'd wind up on the Bulls following in Jordan's footsteps.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:08 PM   #77
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Quote:
Why is Kobe the only one that had the obligation to keep the team together?

-didn't say he was
-I mentioned him specifically because of it being a Kobe thread
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:12 PM   #78
pro5
Banned

the title of the thread should be "did kobe waste the Lakers chance of rebuilding by signing."
pro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:41 PM   #79
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Quote:
Once you are worth over 100mill you stop caring about money

I'm sorry to use your quote for my personal benefit, I'm gonna go off on a tangent that is slightly off topic because I won't have another chance to bring it up (I dare not make a post about it and call attention to myself lol)

I doubt anyone will agree with my odd ideas (just like how I said those NBA Cares commercials are an absolute abomination and disgrace and makes me wanna grab a very solid object to murder the woman in that commerical that speaks), but I always found it curious how much significance multi-millionaires put on recieving a few extra million.

Analogy: Right now you you make $15/hr, work with your best friends, in a high quality company, close to your home, intimately familiar with your environment.

If you were offered $15.25/hr to work for a lesser company, why the hell would you leave your city, your friends, and family to go work somehwere else? Is a ****in quarter worth it????? Again I don't expect everyone to agree with this, but that's personally how I see it.

Obviously if the pay difference was significant, that's when the extra dollar amount far far outweighs any subjective advantages of the 15/hr job (quality, familiarity, etc) and you would be fool to pass up the chance to make more money, no matter how many non-tangible advantages your current less paying job has. I personally would have to get at least one dollar more per hour if you're asking me to leave my job where I'm close to many people, and in a city I'm familiar with, to go work with strangers, in a company that's not as quality as the company you currently work for. Please note my use of the word "quality."

Bottom line: I just find it strange, that in a sport where the ultimate goal is WINNING, these ALREADY millionaires would rather make a couple extra million to play for a piece of **** team that's moving going nowhere (just like most Spike Lee directed films), than play on a quality team where you are in a position to win a championship, AND you just HAPPEN to have a few best friends on that team, AND all your family and friends are in that town (not AS important, but still) AND the dollar amount is not anything significant. A ****in quarter? Come on.

I didn't calculate the ratios, so I fully aware that the analogy I made about making 25 cents more is not solid, but you should get the general idea.That's just how I see it when these players choose to make 10 mill a year on a team that sucks worse (as good?) as a prime Paris Hilton, than make 8 mill a year on a quality team with all those subjective advantages (best friends, family, QUALITY). Tell me, what's the worst that could happen to that multi-millionaire if he chose to make 8 mill a year? It's NOT like that's the last 8 mill he's destined to make (that's to preemptively thwart the inevitable argument someone will make where they say "well you gotta get all the money you can now," I've already thought this out to all the logical conclusions, and all the roads swerve and ultimately end with the destination of "all about money.")

phew, lol

Last edited by Solid Snake : 04-25-2007 at 06:44 PM.
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: