Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-25-2007, 02:08 AM   #31
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Did Kobe waste his career by signing with Lakers again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
Kobe already has rings.
KG wanted another star to help himKobe wanted to be the only star
Exactly, that's a big difference between the two of them. Kobe would like help, but he'd rather the help of capable role players than that of another star. Anytime big names have been floating around in trade rumors, KG has his ears open. I remember how excited he was at the prospect of getting AI which would undoubtedly lessen his roll on the team but increase their prospects of winning. Basically, Kobe made his bed and now he has to lay in it and deal with the consequences. Yes, he's THE guy in LA, but his team is going nowhere.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:09 AM   #32
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Are you drunk?

Anyways...

Who's to say the Lakers aren't committed to winning? They have the right coach, good role players, the money to spend and they are only a few years removed from losing Shaq. I'd say they've recovered decently. How long has it taken for teams to build up once losing a huge part of their teams success? Some teams take almost a decade. I'd say they're on pace. Three years removed and in the playoff hunt? They're only a key signing away from being a serious contender.
Most of those teams lost all their big time players though. The Lakers lost one, and if not for the other, this team would challenge for worst in Laker history.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:09 AM   #33
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
Kobe already has rings.
KG wanted another star to help him
Kobe wanted to be the only star

I don't think Kobe wanted to be the only star
not at this point of his career
not that KG's contract really showed how much he wanted another star next to him

either way, Lakers management will do something to make Phil happy this off-season
that's their only chance to keep phil
and keeping phil would also be the only chance to keep Kobe

I'm not gonna be too surprised to see Lamar or Bynum leaving
only because that's what it takes to bring another star
and Lakers are in the situation to do that
if that doesn't happen, I don't see phil staying, thus Lakers will not be a playoff team
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:09 AM   #34
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Are you drunk?

Anyways...

Who's to say the Lakers aren't committed to winning? They have the right coach, good role players, the money to spend and they are only a few years removed from losing Shaq. I'd say they've recovered decently. How long has it taken for teams to build up once losing a huge part of their teams success? Some teams take almost a decade. I'd say they're on pace. Three years removed and in the playoff hunt? They're only a key signing away from being a serious contender.

i think they are more likely to end up like houston after Dream left. we werent terrible, but we werent going anywhere either. the steve francis years were so mediocre. there hasnt been real excitement until tmac came here.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:10 AM   #35
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Are you drunk?

Anyways...

Bgi difference.

Lakers got to keep one of the best players in the league and they got pieces back from the Shaq trade.
Recovered decently?
They haven't improved one bit since their first year without Shaq.

They're a disaster. It's a complete different situation when you're left off with Vlade Divac as your role player and rebuilding is hard.
Come on now.

The Lakers were left off with Kobe and pieces from the Shaq trade. Kinda better than Vlade Divac.

Since the Shaq trade, there haven't been the worse management than the Lakers.
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:10 AM   #36
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Are you drunk?

Anyways...

Name me one? And it for sure isn't just one player they need to be a contender, unless it's someone of KG's caliber. But then you still have the PG position which is horrendous, this team has too many holes. They basically need to trade everyone on the roster.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:11 AM   #37
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwliuLAP
I don't think Kobe wanted to be the only star
not at this point of his career
not that KG's contract really showed how much he wanted another star next to him

either way, Lakers management will do something to make Phil happy this off-season
that's their only chance to keep phil
and keeping phil would also be the only chance to keep Kobe

I'm not gonna be too surprised to see Lamar or Bynum leaving
only because that's what it takes to bring another star
and Lakers are in the situation to do that
if that doesn't happen, I don't see phil staying, thus Lakers will not be a playoff team
Yeah, but there's no turning back. Maybe he'd accept having another star now, but he made them choose between him and Shaq. They chose Kobe and he got what he asked for. He probably just didn't realize how hard it would be.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:12 AM   #38
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

maybe they should trade kobe to whoever gets Oden.

LA gets:
Oden
3 first round picks
filler
cash

Other team gets:
Kobe

beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:13 AM   #39
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Kobe might be the best talent, but he hardly ever lives up to his potential. Most of the time in the first half, he was just standing around tonight. He doesn't play his hardest on defense. He might be the best talent, but I'd pick several other guys over him just because I don't see 100% of effort on the floor out of Kobe.

He would be better off as a Clipper with Brand inside. That team would have been something.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:13 AM   #40
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_boy04
maybe they should trade kobe to whoever gets Oden.

LA gets:
Oden
3 first round picks
filler
cash

Other team gets:
Kobe

that would be throwing in the towel but may be best for LA in the long run. no way LA gets 3 picks tho.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:15 AM   #41
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Yeah, but there's no turning back. Maybe he'd accept having another star now, but he made them choose between him and Shaq. They chose Kobe and he got what he asked for. He probably just didn't realize how hard it would be.

He didn't make them choose anything. Him and Shaq weren't getting along..he was a FA, he was going to leave. Shaq was asking for 35 mil per year..he wasnt going to get it and on top of that, demanded a trade. Whats the logical choice here?

Give a 32 yr old Shaq 35 mil per year OR agree to his trade demand and try to keep the 26 yr old Kobe?
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:15 AM   #42
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Woo-hoo! I knew my comment would bring the heat. Where do I begin to respond?
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:16 AM   #43
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Woo-hoo! I knew my comment would bring the heat. Where do I begin to respond?

Your comment was stupid so don't even bother.
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:16 AM   #44
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
He didn't make them choose anything. Him and Shaq weren't getting along..he was a FA, he was going to leave. Shaq was asking for 35 mil per year..he wasnt going to get it and on top of that, demanded a trade. Whats the logical choice here?

Give a 32 yr old Shaq 35 mil per year OR agree to his trade demand and try to keep the 26 yr old Kobe?
its not just kobes fault. you forget how immature shaq is. they both shouldve just checked their egos like jordan and pippen did.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:18 AM   #45
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle

Do contracts even go up to 35 mill a year??? And second, the logical choice for winning = the most dominant big man in the game. The most logical choice for longevity/mediocrity = Kobe.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: