Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-25-2007, 01:49 AM   #1
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board
Default Did Kobe waste his career by signing with Lakers again?

This is an honest question. Not trying to flame the guy.

Kobe is the best talent in the league, and still in his prime, yet the Lakers seem like they are going to waste these years on mediorce teams. Can they get enough help for Kobe?

Do they have enough to trade for another star without compromising their ability to add depth?

It would be a shame to see the rest of Kobe's prime wasted on these kind of teams.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:49 AM   #2
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Did Kobe waste his career by signing with Lakers again?

i honestly believe so. he should have gone to the clippers.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:51 AM   #3
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Kobe wasted his career for arguably playing a tiny role in not doing what he could to convince Snaq to stay in LA.

Notice how I'm giving an opposite argument, instead of simply saying "kobe ran Snaq out of LA," I'm using the opposite, saying "he didn't KEEP Snaq in LA." This way I get a different set of results from the repliers of this post.
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:52 AM   #4
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

If they can get an all-star or superstar, or something with impact, I think it wont be a waste. But if not and they just sign another mle guy or a shi**ty veteran then it was a big waste.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:52 AM   #5
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Yea, he woulda been a title contender had he signed with Bulls or Clippers and MVPs would've come with it. He stayed with Lakers not knowing they would screw up this bad in building around him.

I'm glad he stayed though...my favorite player on my favorite team. But honestly, at this point, if he opted out when he can, I wont blame him one bit.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:53 AM   #6
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lakers wouldhave been a dynasty if kobe AND shaq woulda just checked their egos.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:54 AM   #7
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

I should've rephrased the question to say "Did Kobe wast the REST of his career by signing with the Lakers again?" Obviously his career isn't a waste.

I thought he should've taken the Clipps offer too. He'd still be in LA, and he'd have better talent around him. Kobe thrives with good low post players.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:56 AM   #8
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Kobe wasted his career for arguably playing a tiny role in not doing what he could to convince Snaq to stay in LA.

Notice how I'm giving an opposite argument, instead of simply saying "kobe ran Snaq out of LA," I'm using the opposite, saying "he didn't KEEP Snaq in LA." This way I get a different set of results from the repliers of this post.

I don't get this.

Why is Kobe the only one that had the obligation to keep the team together?
Everyone had their own agenda, not just Kobe.

Anyway, yes. Has he signed with the Clippers they'd be by far the best team in the league especially now that there are no dominant teams in the league.
Cassell-Kobe-Maggette-Brand-Kaman.
You're kidding me?
Or had he gone anywhere else, he would've been in a better position than now.

Funny thing is, he hurt his legacy and reputation forever by re signing with the Lakers.
Oh well, at least he had some high scoring games.
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:56 AM   #9
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There is no better stage than in LA-LA land with the Lakers for Kobe. The biggest market team for the biggest market player. Lakers need a player like that on their roster. Look at the audience they play for.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:56 AM   #10
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

IMO, Kobe resigned because Laker fans supported him throughout his ordeal and he felt like he needed to pay us back. I think he also wanted to be the man on the team but I doubt he expected anything like this.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:57 AM   #11
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Yes...if nothing changes in 2 years leave or retire
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:58 AM   #12
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
There is no better stage than in LA-LA land with the Lakers for Kobe. The biggest market team for the biggest market player. Lakers need a player like that on their roster. Look at the audience they play for.
What's more important, being on the biggest market team, or being on a winning team?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:58 AM   #13
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Yes...if nothing changes in 2 years leave or retire

At the age of 31. That's basically quitting if he retires.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:59 AM   #14
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

The sad thing is...the Lakers as an organization isn't hungry for a championship like other teams anymore
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:59 AM   #15
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
IMO, Kobe resigned because Laker fans supported him throughout his ordeal and he felt like he needed to pay us back. I think he also wanted to be the man on the team but I doubt he expected anything like this.
that's what it was. once they dealt Shaq he knew that the team was serious about wanting him to be THE guy. So therefore he wanted to prove that he could do it on his own.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: