Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-25-2007, 02:17 AM   #31
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Replace Jordan and Kobe for this series...

Why the hell would you start a thread like this when you know it would only turn into Kobe hate bashfest and you're a Laker fan?
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:19 AM   #32
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Jordan took a team just as bad to game 6 of the conference finals against the eventual champions.

Btw, Kobe groopies are desperate right now.

I know, the whole premise of this thread reeks of "If Jordan couldn't do it, then why should we expect Bryant to?". Forgetting the fact that Jordan was a superior player.

Their obsession with Jordan is comical to say the least.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:20 AM   #33
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberalo
Why the hell would you start a thread like this when you know it would only turn into Kobe hate bashfest and you're a Laker fan?

I dont know im kinda pissed right now...didnt think it through.. wanted to delete but it was too late.

I mean I just joined every anti Smush, Kwame and Mitch group on facebook.

Im about to startmy own about Odom crying like a little biatch
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:22 AM   #34
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant

I know, the whole premise of this thread reeks of "If Jordan couldn't do it, then why should we expect Bryant to?". Forgetting the fact that Jordan was a superior player.

Their obsession with Jordan is comical to say the least.

this is the first time in the year in a half on this board ever putting them in the same sentence.

Jordan is superior...I just wanted to see if it is possible for any1 to win with this team...

Should have realized you cant ask this question on this board

As big a Kobe Bryant fan as I am, I was a much bigger MJ fan... Although I always like LA...My room still was full of cut outs of MJ all over my one of my walls.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:23 AM   #35
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
If Jordan could drop 63 against an ALL TIME TOP FIVE Celtics team, what do you think he'd do the Suns defense? Answer that.

Take the 63 point Jordan and have him play the Suns right now in a series, with today's easier rules and the HUGE gap in defense between them Celtics and the Suns, what does the 63 point become? 73? 83? Or maybe the point total doesn't change much, but his shooting % would go up like 10%.

Jordan today could've scored 110 points shooting 60% FG and beat the suns making the series 1-1... and then winning the remaining 3 games. yeah he was madness good like that.
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:43 AM   #36
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar
Probably not. But he'd have whipped his teammates into shape to at least compete. I mean he was 49 years old and made Kwame cry. He got the best out of his teammates through a variety of measures. Kobe seems to alienate them.

He was 39 actualy.

And i think Jordan could win this series, he would find some way to do it, but he would.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:52 AM   #37
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 Dimes A Game
He was 39 actualy.

And i think Jordan could win this series, he would find some way to do it, but he would.

no doubt about it he always overcame obstacules once he was in his prime. and now we are talking about kobe's prime too and thats been like 2-3 years in a row without making it outta the first round
Old 04-25-2007, 03:06 AM   #38
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

no way raja bell and marion can stop mj. they couldn't even stop him when he was 39yrs old much more if he was still in prime. Suns may have the better team but i don't know, MJ seems to make his opponents look bad. intimidation maybe. how will marion amare and nash react to mind games of mj etc will decide who wins the series
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:08 AM   #39
HANNIBAL SMITH
Decent playground baller

HANNIBAL SMITH has an OK reputation so far

Not even the great MJ can beat the suns withs these sorry ass players beside him. If you replace walton and odom with horace grant and scottie pippen then yeah they'll get past the suns.
HANNIBAL SMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:14 AM   #40
goldgrill4me
Banned

goldgrill4me has an OK reputation so far

It would be interesting to see a prime mj, playing under these rules. It's purely speculation whether or not jordan could do better against the suns. It depends on his gameplan if he used his allaround skills he has a decent chance of winning. If he tries to score most of the time he would win more than kobe. But not win the series. I think his defense would be the deciding factor in the matchup(between the difference of kobe and mj).

Anyway I think he would take it to 7 and lose. The suns have too deep of a team imo.
goldgrill4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:33 AM   #41
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANNIBAL SMITH
Not even the great MJ can beat the suns withs these sorry ass players beside him. If you replace walton and odom with horace grant and scottie pippen then yeah they'll get past the suns.

most people dont understand MJ was the greatest intimidator. he will pound you to the ground and make you feel like a lil baby, he was the greatest trash talker in the game and by jordan taking care of nash, the rest of the suns players would have been less effective. Let me also remind all Jordan was one of the greatest perimeter defender.

Last edited by beau_boy04 : 04-25-2007 at 03:41 AM.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:39 AM   #42
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgrill4me
It would be interesting to see a prime mj, playing under these rules. It's purely speculation whether or not jordan could do better against the suns. It depends on his gameplan if he used his allaround skills he has a decent chance of winning. If he tries to score most of the time he would win more than kobe. But not win the series. I think his defense would be the deciding factor in the matchup(between the difference of kobe and mj).

Anyway I think he would take it to 7 and lose. The suns have too deep of a team imo.

by michael jordan taking nash out of his game, the suns becomes a nobody. let me remind all of you what michael jordan did to magic back in the 1991 finals

31.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 11.4 apg, 2.8 spg, 1.4 bpg, .677%FG, .500 3pt, .848% FT

so yeah michael could have been the number one choice offensively and main distributor as well.

Last edited by beau_boy04 : 04-25-2007 at 03:42 AM.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:44 AM   #43
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

If you gave Jordan as much time as Kobe's had with them, I think he makes it a series. They'd lose, but he'd make it a series.

Then again.. I forget how soft the players in LA are. Only person on that team that I think would respond well to tough love is Luke Walton.

(****ing deja vu.. I swear I've said this before.)

Quote:
by michael jordan taking nash out of his game, the suns becomes a nobody. let me remind all of you what michael jordan did to magic back in the 1991 finals

Normally I would have agreed.. but Barbosa is a man possessed so far. Suns aren't a team that requires Nash to play at all times anymore.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:54 AM   #44
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Normally I would have agreed.. but Barbosa is a man possessed so far. Suns aren't a team that requires Nash to play at all times anymore.

so you're telling me nash+barbosa > Karl Malone+John Stockton ????

Malone = best or second best PF of all-time
Stockton = one of the greatest passer of all-time, "great" defender

if MJ was able to beat them twice in a row then i think MJ will be able to contain everybody in phoenix suns right now.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:38 AM   #45
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_boy04
so you're telling me nash+barbosa > Karl Malone+John Stockton ????

Malone = best or second best PF of all-time
Stockton = one of the greatest passer of all-time, "great" defender

if MJ was able to beat them twice in a row then i think MJ will be able to contain everybody in phoenix suns right now.

No, I'm talking if you threw MJ in place of Kobe right now. Kobe's teammates are nowhere near the level of Jordan's.

Steve Kerr would make Kwame Brown cry in practice.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: