Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-25-2007, 03:58 PM   #31
guangmoreno
Banned

guangmoreno has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How great is Jason Kidd? He's so great.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
I would love to comment but I don't want to interrupt your conversation with yourself.
:

that's great, i see one guy is more crazy than me lol.
guangmoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:00 PM   #32
guangmoreno
Banned

guangmoreno has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Great stat bagel! Thanks for posting!

and i thought u're more serious just like ur avatar :
guangmoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:13 PM   #33
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kidd is one of the best PG's of all time.

That year he lost the MVP to Duncan I was so pissed off. He took the Nets from a joke to a contender in the East that year.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:49 PM   #34
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
And aside from those 3, they weren't much. Kittles was inconsistent at best. The pretty much had no outside shooting and no bench.

Big Todd, Harris, Kittles, KVH, along with the big three is a solid seven. They played Aaron Williams a bit too. Certainly nothing great, but compared to the teams they took out in the playoffs... it stacks up well.

For example those Celtic teams had a core seven of:

PP
Toine
Battie
Eric Williams
Kenny Anderson
Rodney Rogers (a year later went to the Nets)
Tony Delk

Quote:
If Kidd were on these Suns, he'd have a ring right now. Why? Because the way they spread the floor would make it so easy for him to get in the lane and hit layups and he's become a pretty decent 3pt shooter. I think that offense would raise his fg% to 44-46% His passing and vision is slightly better than Nash's. PLUS...his rebounding would be enough to make them an actually good rebounding club. PLUS... he can make any team atleast a pretty good defensive team. Im not sure that he couldn't take KT/Amare (he can atleast block some shots)/Marion/Bell into a very good defensive club. They wouldn't have to rely on punk ass doubling schemes to make up for Nash as much.

Before I say anything I believe Nash is a better passer than Kidd. We'll have to agree to disagree there.

As for Jason Kidd' rebounding ability making them a better rebounding team. Kidd isn't as good a rebounder as his numbers suggest. I've watched the Nets in these playoffs and I found that the blocking out scheme is designed for Kidd to grab the rebound to start the fast break.

His defensive capabilitys are that of reputation as far as I'm concerned. He has difficulty with quick guards, as he can't stay in front of them. And with todays rules in effect he can't use his bulk to bully smaller guys around.

Defensive players for the Suns are far less valuable to them because of their style. They want to outscore you... not stop you. Jason Kidd' edge in defense wouldn't make as much difference as you seem to wanna believe.

Quote:
Nash on the Nets would be the same club offensively (maybe a few points better, as they don't have the personnel to make Nash such an efficient scorer) and a bad defensive team. And terrible rebounding club. Maybe not playoff bound

Same club offensivly? We're talking about replacing a guy who can't shoot consistently or run the pick and roll effectivly with the most dominant PG the league has to offer!

Of course they would be better offensivly. A lot better.

I want to comment on the Kidd/Suns combination a bit farther. From watching the Suns extensivly over the past few years their offense is based on the pick&roll 80% to 85% of the time down the floor. With Jason Kidd you don't have the flexability of saying to the other team "pick your poison."

No way the Suns score 110 a game with a PG who can't run the pick and roll effectivly in a system were that part of the game is so important to their success.

Last edited by Carbine : 04-25-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:01 PM   #35
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
You guys are ridiculous.

The whole Suns system circles around the spacing that Nash gives them. Put Jason Kidd on the Suns and the other team just sag off of him and it screws up the whole offense.

Jason Kidd has NO jumper. Look at his playoff numbers. 32% FG? Wow, against that defensive juggernaut Raptors. I'm sure TJ Ford and Jose Calderon are defensive stoppers right?

Maybe Kidd would be better for the Suns if they wanted to be a defensive minded team. Even then, Kidd is not nearly the defender he used to be. We're talking about the player who let Anthony Johnson drop 40 on him in the playoffs.

Don't feed me this bull **** about how much he would make them a good rebounding team. He plays on a team full of players that box out and don't go for rebounds. You really think a team with 20 rebounds coming from the C and PF position is going to let Jason Kidd grab 8 rebounds a game? The reason he gets that ridiculous number is because he aggressively goes after the boards when Jason Collins boxes everyone out.

In short, all one has to do is look at the stats and team success. Jason Kidd's team is barely .500 while Nash's is about to win a title. The Nets have been injured, but a Nash+RJ+VC trio would be good enough to beat the Raptors, will Kidd be able to do that? Just look at last nights game. When the Nets were up 4 with 4 minutes to go, they couldn't score and they ended up losing by 6. You think Steve Nash is letting that happen? Against the Toronto Raptors?

Blah... All you do is care about scoring, just like your team, just like the "mvp". Which is why they wont even get out of the 2nd round
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:10 PM   #36
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Blah... All you do is care about scoring, just like your team, just like the "mvp". Which is why they wont even get out of the 2nd round

Nash has a huge advantage offensive is my point.

Defensively, Kidd has a slight advantage. He is more fundamentally sound and bigger/stronger, but that's about it at this stage of his career. I've watched plenty of Nets games and I've seen quick/athletic guards beat Kidd just as badly as Nash. Like I said, this season point guards had little trouble scoring against him, he made Anthony Johnson look like Allen Iverson last year in the playoffs.

Also, look at the head to head matchups and tell me Kidd did anything to disrupt Nash's offense. Nash had a monster game against him.

Steve Nash is averaging 34 points and 13 assists on 61% shooting against Kidd this season. Nice defense.

The gap has closed defensively so that Kidd's slight advantage is defeated by Nash's huge advantage offensively. Oh, and Nash's team doesn't suck.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:16 PM   #37
bence23
High School Varsity 6th Man

bence23 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullRaps
some of you guys seem to forget that Jkidd had a pretty good time around him when he went to the finals. He had Jefferson who was young and had the legs to run and dunk with anyone. Kmart was at his best at that time, which is to say a dunker like Amare with possibly better defense. He had Kittle, who was a pretty darn good player back in the day. Another point, JKidd went to the finals representing the EAST. Put the suns in the east, do you guys still think the suns wouldn't have made/make the finals at least once in these past two years or this year?

And the one thing that people never seem to always credit the suns' system and discredit Nash's contribution is his scoring/shooting ability. If he shot like Jkidd, I don't think the suns can play the style they currently play. The suns primary move is the pick and roll and no one does it better than nash at this point because if can kill you with both the pass and the shot. If I was a defender against JKidd, I will always duck under the pick and let him shoot it. I know the percentage are to my advantage. I can't say the same with Nash.
COSIGN
bence23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:25 AM   #38
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
My Marketing lecturer is called Jeffrey Kidd. Eerily similar to Jason Kidd.

I just figured i should let you all know just in case you were wondering.

Oh believe me, we all were.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:29 AM   #39
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
Oh believe me, we all were.

i read you guys like a book
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:32 AM   #40
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love how an interesting stat about Jason Kidd and a pretty good thread praising him turns into a Nash bash with all the usual morons.

The fact that Baller1986 is still allowed to psot on this forum is a joke. Nice work mods QC has never been better.

Jason Kidd is a top ten point guard of all time, its a shame some falkin idiots around here cant show him any love without bashing another player who is not even mentioned in the initial post.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:31 AM   #41
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
I love how an interesting stat about Jason Kidd and a pretty good thread praising him turns into a Nash bash with all the usual morons.

The fact that Baller1986 is still allowed to psot on this forum is a joke. Nice work mods QC has never been better.

Jason Kidd is a top ten point guard of all time, its a shame some falkin idiots around here cant show him any love without bashing another player who is not even mentioned in the initial post.

IF NAsh will an NBA championship i would even made a Statue of Steve Nash and display it in my room. The Problem is aint' gonna happen mybe in a few years but not this time HOMMIE.
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:33 AM   #42
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller1986
IF NAsh will an NBA championship i would even made a Statue of Steve Nash and display it in my room. The Problem is aint' gonna happen mybe in a few years but not this time HOMMIE.

Now and MAYBE next year is his only chance, homie. He's 33 years old now, and not getting any younger. Idiot. please go and learn something. you're a disgrace to everything!
Old 04-26-2007, 05:49 AM   #43
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Now and MAYBE next year is his only chance, homie. He's 33 years old now, and not getting any younger. Idiot. please go and learn something. you're a disgrace to everything!

Jason Kidd has alot better career than him idiot, 3 good years will not make him a legend in my eyes he will always be remember as a side kick of Jason Kidd and Dirk.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:51 AM   #44
AtTheDriveIn
04'

You know what Jason Kidd doesn't have. Two MVP trophies thus far. So much for a sidekick huh?
Old 04-26-2007, 05:53 AM   #45
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Quote:
You know what Jason Kidd doesn't have. Two MVP trophies thus far. So much for a sidekick huh?

Yeah Dumb Ass because Nash is a Manipulated MVP he only won to get white fans and canadian fans in general watch the NBA.

That is why you called making a Superstar out of Nothing. Ignorant like you will never learn because your blind as a bat.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: