Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-24-2007, 01:47 AM   #1
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation
Default If Dirk wins MVP...

...and the Mavs lose to the Warriors in the first round, do you think that would ruin Dirk's reputation forever? Don't know why, but I just thought of that. Discuss.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:48 AM   #2
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: If Dirk wins MVP...

no. he's a great player and his supporting cast is not championship material at all.

nash has the most incredible cast we've seen since the bulls dynasty, and he has yet to get them to the finals despite being a 2 time (possible 3 time) MVP. his reputation has never been questioned, and neither should dirks.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:50 AM   #3
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

It also ruins the MVP award's reputation forever. I don't think people are understanding whats at stake here for this guy and this team...a 67 win team losing to a 42 win team. One thing I do know is that Dirk and the rest of this team along with Avery fee the pressure of that...but soon it will all be gone as they will sit rested at home watching the second round.

At least they have the regular season next year to look forward too
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:54 AM   #4
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
It also ruins the MVP award's reputation forever. I don't think people are understanding whats at stake here for this guy and this team...a 67 win team losing to a 42 win team. One thing I do know is that Dirk and the rest of this team along with Avery fee the pressure of that...but soon it will all be gone as they will sit rested at home watching the second round.

Your vote would go to Nash I assume?

I don't know. Nash is deserving imo. Duncan could have a small chance. Dirk of course.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:58 AM   #5
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
Your vote would go to Nash I assume?

I don't know. Nash is deserving imo. Duncan could have a small chance. Dirk of course.

If I had a vote...I'm giving it to Duncan.

It's going to be a disgrace though if Dirk wins it and he doesn't get out of the first round.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:05 AM   #6
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

How many MVPs have been to the finals the year they won the award?? Not that big of a deal...it would just be funny cause people give Nash crap about it and this year(Nash is not gonna win it) but has the best chance of making it to the finals than in previous years.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:08 AM   #7
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
How many MVPs have been to the finals the year they won the award?? Not that big of a deal...it would just be funny cause people give Nash crap about it and this year(Nash is not gonna win it) but has the best chance of making it to the finals than in previous years.

Oh but losing to an 8th seed is a huge deal.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:09 AM   #8
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation here

NAsh had already Tainted the legacy of the NBA MVP Award So Dirk winning it and his team being eliminated by the GS Warriors will have no meaning what so ever because his buddy is the best Choker in the Playoffs.
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:10 AM   #9
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

The funny thing about all this is that Dirk winning the MVP is almost as certain as the Warriors beating the Mavs, so there's about a 90% chance that both things happen.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:10 AM   #10
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller1986
NAsh had already Tainted the legacy of the NBA MVP Award So Dirk winning it and his team being eliminated by the GS Warriors will have no meaning what so ever because his buddy is the best Choker in the Playoffs.

Explain how Nash has tainted the award???
Old 04-24-2007, 02:11 AM   #11
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Oh but losing to an 8th seed is a huge deal.
Agree.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:19 AM   #12
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Explain how Nash has tainted the award???

The MVP award is a joke... Dirk does not deserve it. Nash didn't deserve it last year and I'd be more inclined to give it to him over Dirk this year but I don' want Nash to win another award. Lebron should get it; he should have won it last year (he finished 2nd last year) because everyone knows he is more valuable to his team than any other player is to their team. Team record is relied on too much when determining MVP. Dirk will most likely win it but even he knows that he is not the most deserving candidate.

why Steve Nash will not win the MVP this year.

1. while his numbers are up from the previous years, basketball purists all over the world are not ready to put Nash in the same pantheon as Bird and Chamberlain, two guys who definitely changed the game. the could just give him the trophy, but ask yourself, is he really in the same league as Bird and Chamberlain?
Old 04-24-2007, 02:22 AM   #13
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
The MVP award is a joke... Dirk does not deserve it. Nash didn't deserve it last year and I'd be more inclined to give it to him over Dirk this year but I don' want Nash to win another award. Lebron should get it; he should have won it last year (he finished 2nd last year) because everyone knows he is more valuable to his team than any other player is to their team. Team record is relied on too much when determining MVP. Dirk will most likely win it but even he knows that he is not the most deserving candidate.

why Steve Nash will not win the MVP this year.

1. while his numbers are up from the previous years, basketball purists all over the world are not ready to put Nash in the same pantheon as Bird and Chamberlain, two guys who definitely changed the game. the could just give him the trophy, but ask yourself, is he really in the same league as Bird and Chamberlain?

So how should we start determining the MVP??? What criteria should we use oh great one??

and Yes I know Steve Nash should not be MVP this year. You win...but has Wilt and Bird ever averaged 19 points and 12 assists in a year??? I think not...So are they really in the same league as Nash???
Old 04-24-2007, 02:33 AM   #14
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Quote:
So how should we start determining the MVP??? What criteria should we use oh great one??

and Yes I know Steve Nash should not be MVP this year. You win...but has Wilt and Bird ever averaged 19 points and 12 assists in a year??? I think not...So are they really in the same league as Nash???

You seems very NBA Markish, Nash is a PG while Chambeirlain play the Center Position and Bird play the SF position if i ask you does Nash averages at least 10 RPG the answer is no because Nash is a PG same with Wilt and Bird but the those guys can also be a playmaker or a passer from their teams .

Both Bird and Chamberlain are complete players and before they win their third Consecutive MVP they have played in the NBA Finals and one of them has already won a championship ring.

The Bottomline is the MVP award might be given to a pretender like Nash but we all know that he is not the best player in the NBA. IF Nash retire without a championship ring he will always be remember as the Biggest Choker of all time and if He won at least one NBA championship and He retire he will be known as the greatest NBA PG nexts to Magic Johnson.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:36 AM   #15
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
You seems very NBA Markish, Nash is a PG while Chambeirlain play the Center Position and Bird play the SF position if i ask you does Nash averages at least 10 RPG the answer is no because Nash is a PG same with Wilt and Bird but the those guys can also be a playmaker or a passer from their teams .

Both Bird and Chamberlain are complete players and before they win their third Consecutive MVP they have played in the NBA Finals and one of them has already won a championship ring.

The Bottomline is the MVP award might be given to a pretender like Nash but we all know that he is not the best player in the NBA. IF Nash retire without a championship ring he will always be remember as the Biggest Choker of all time and if He won at least one NBA championship and He retire he will be known as the greatest NBA PG nexts to Magic Johnson.

WOWZERS I was joking on my second question...Now answer my first question *****.
Quote:
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: