Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-26-2007, 11:53 PM   #76
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Sebastin Telfair

26th April, 2007 - 12:14 pm
New York Daily News -
Denver, Orlando and Minnesota are already being mentioned as possible new landing spots for Sebastian Telfair.

"I would think that the Celtics will try to get something for him," one Eastern Conference executive said Wednesday. "Once things settle down, I could see them looking to put him in a trade, being a guy who's included in a deal to make the numbers work. But somebody will take a shot on him. He's young and he made a mistake."
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #77
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
New York Daily News -
Denver, Orlando and Minnesota are already being mentioned as possible new landing spots for Sebastian Telfair.

"I would think that the Celtics will try to get something for him," one Eastern Conference executive said Wednesday. "Once things settle down, I could see them looking to put him in a trade, being a guy who's included in a deal to make the numbers work. But somebody will take a shot on him. He's young and he made a mistake."
I wouldn't mind seeing Telfair used to make the $ match on a KG swap at all...but one thing: getting caught with guns, I do believe that Telfair has made two or three "mistakes"...and probably several more that he was never caught on.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:45 PM   #78
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
New York Daily News -

On any of those teams his best chance to maybe possibly work his way into big minutes is Orlando.

But I'd love him in Denver. There's a chance that Steve Blake doesn't return, and I've wanted Denver to get a very talented young pg to mold for down the line when Denver goes on their youth with Melo 22/JR 21/Nene 24/ Telfair 21
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:02 PM   #79
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Denver!?!

That would definitely be in Telfair favor. Uptempo open court offense and decent interior help defenders. Plus the backup job is his to lose if Steve Blake leaves.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:25 PM   #80
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I feel sorry for all of you. Telfair is the worst on court decision maker I've ever seen in my life.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:46 PM   #81
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
On any of those teams his best chance to maybe possibly work his way into big minutes is Orlando.

But I'd love him in Denver. There's a chance that Steve Blake doesn't return, and I've wanted Denver to get a very talented young pg to mold for down the line when Denver goes on their youth with Melo 22/JR 21/Nene 24/ Telfair 21
Jameer Nelson may be better than Telfair ever will be...if their dissatisfied enough with Nelson to give Telfair big pt I'd love to see a swap. Telfair could be a good fit in Denver's future line-up (but there's no way he'd fit beside Iverson, so until Iverson declines or is traded he'd be useless) but the fact that he couldn't get the Cs uptempo when that's supposedly his game and it's what the team wanted to do is disheartening. And I'm not sure he's all that talented. He's quick and he can dribble but his jumper's bad, he's undersized, and neither his hustle nor his bball IQ are special.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:04 PM   #82
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

The pg position is a difficult one to come out of HS and be good at. Because you have such responsibility. People give up on guys like this tooo easily. No doubt he hasn't been great, but he's had some games where he's shown why he was a lottery pick. If he'd come out of his Junior year in college, then I'd say maybe a bust, but its very hard to say that at this point. And very hard to say this is as good as he gets
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:35 PM   #83
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
The pg position is a difficult one to come out of HS and be good at. Because you have such responsibility. People give up on guys like this tooo easily. No doubt he hasn't been great, but he's had some games where he's shown why he was a lottery pick. If he'd come out of his Junior year in college, then I'd say maybe a bust, but its very hard to say that at this point. And very hard to say this is as good as he gets
Telfair hasn't shown any sign of lottery talent as a Celtic. I wouldn't say he's at his absolute peak now, but I'm not a big believer in his talent, either. He has not shown explosive athletic ability, good shooting ability, above-average intelligence, or good court vision. And he's only something like 5'8 (I don't care what his listed height is, he's a small player). He has good dribbling skills but that's a dime-a-dozen trait. Sure, he's only been out of HS for 3 seasons, but that excuse isn't enough for me when Rondo, who has only had two underwhelming college seasons in a system that he didn't fit, is now far ahead of him. They were in the same class, in fact him originally signing with Louisville is the reason Rondo went to UK instead of Louisville, and he has had more experience than Rondo at the NBA level by far, and yet Rondo is better. Not good.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: