Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-24-2007, 03:37 PM   #31
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Sebastin Telfair

i don't know but i have a bad feeling he'll end up signing with the knicks for the mle
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:41 PM   #32
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Well, that was worth Randy Foye.

and brandon roy?... right?

i know they could have easily had ONE of those two with all the pick swapping going on last june.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #33
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Well, that was worth Randy Foye.
Foye, to me isn't too huge of a deal (though better than Telfair)...but Rudy Gay? Oh, God...
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:44 PM   #34
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
and brandon roy?... right?

i know they could have easily had ONE of those two with all the pick swapping going on last june.
Roy was an impossibility, Portland doesn't trade their pick if they aren't assured that Boston is trading theirs, that was all part of behind-the-scenes maneuvering. Go ahead and bash Ainge over Gay and Foye, but Roy was out of the question.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #35
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Foye, to me isn't too huge of a deal (though better than Telfair)...but Rudy Gay? Oh, God...
I'd rather have Foye than Gay long-term...though I reek of bias coming from watching Foye all year long and Gay only a small handful of times.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #36
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

i agree... Gay would have been the piece that allowed boston to move pierce.

Rondo
Allen
Gay
Jefferson
Oden

thats a lineup that would be ready to dominate the East in 3-4 years time... and they'd probably be really good in their 2nd year of playing together as a unit...
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #37
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
I'd rather have Foye than Gay long-term...though I reek of bias coming from watching Foye all year long and Gay only a small handful of times.
Gay and Green would only be second MJ and Pip All-Time in terms of athleticism at the wings, and they've both got skills at young ages. Put them together and in 3 seasons they could be a nightmare. What a waste.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:48 PM   #38
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Gay? Don't the Celtics have enough young talented wingmen? Lets's count them, Gomes/Allen/Green/ and Im probably missing a couple. All of those guys have bright futures, and let's not forget all of them play the same positions as Pierce, even Wally.

Which is why I think that even if the Celtics get a top 2 pick they go for a big man, not Durant. They should pick up either Oden (if possible ofcourse) or Wright or even Hibbert or Horford

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 04-24-2007 at 03:51 PM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:49 PM   #39
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
i agree... Gay would have been the piece that allowed boston to move pierce.
I wouldn't move Pierce, at least, not immediately. Let the two of them battle him in practice for two or three years and watch what they become.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:50 PM   #40
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

On draft night, I'd have rather had Gay - no question. But after a year of defense on bigger guards and incredibly gutsy clutch play - coupled with the fact that it was his FIRST year - I'd rather have Foye.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #41
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Gay? Don't the Celtics have enough young talented wingmen? Lets's count them, Gomes/Allen/Green/ and Im probably missing a couple. All of those guys have bright futures, and let's not forget all of them play the same positions as Pierce, even Wally
Gomes is a combo forward, and Tony Allen, due to the ACL (or was it ACL?) tear, can't be counted on too heavily in future plans. Of course he won't be as good, but in talent Gay is comparable to Scottie Pippen. A lot of GMs messed up last year.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:54 PM   #42
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Which is why I think that even if the Celtics get a top 2 pick they go for a big man, not Durant. They should pick up either Oden (if possible ofcourse) or Wright or even Hibbert or Horford
No, if the Cs have the #2 pick they have to draft Durant. The talent level he possesses would make taking a guy like Hibbert instead absolutely crazy. Now, I might trade him on draft night for a superstar, but you shouldn't let that level of talent slip by so that you can suit your roster. That kind of thinking gets you Sam Bowie.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:57 PM   #43
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Regardless, I think Brandan Wright is ROY next year on a team that needs a big.

I think he's that good. I think Durant turns out to be Rashard Lewis one day, prime Lewis ofcourse, which is a good allstar level player.

But with his body, I think he looks like a bust in his rookie year, when he develops...he'll be great
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:59 PM   #44
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Comparing Durant to Rashard Lewis and then saying he won't be good right away because of his body is kind of wierd.

Durant is just as tall as Lewis is now and weighs like ten pounds fewer.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:07 PM   #45
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought he was released? At least that's what ESPN said the Boston Globe had reported.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: