Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-22-2007, 12:54 PM   #16
ronron15
High School Starter

Default Re: Sebastin Telfair

can he go back to college, play a year, and get drafted again?? haha
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:56 PM   #17
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

I could see him going to ATL.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:01 PM   #18
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Hence the point of me saying he comes to NY to work with the coaching staff for a few months then gets traded to Atlanta.

what are we atlanta's D-League team? lol jk
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:08 PM   #19
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

send him to NY and let them suck more for another year

start a lineup of

PG- Nate Robinson
SG- Sebastian Telfair
SF- Stephon Marbury
PF- Steve Francis
C- Jamal Crawford

omg, get out your umbrellas! its raining.......

LOSSES!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:25 PM   #20
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

He needs to go to a town where he can't get into trouble... what a shame to waste talent like that.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:26 PM   #21
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

NY has no reason at all to trade for him. I just like Sebastian so I'm looking at it in terms of what would be good for him.

Playing in NY would give him a chance to mend his relationship with Stephon Marbury, which has been fractured for years now. NY's staff is pretty good with player developement. So they may get him to start tapping his potential.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:32 PM   #22
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

If he gets traded it'll probably be as part of a bigger deal where he's tossed in to make money even and because his contract is expiring.
Quote:
I hope he ends up in New York for a few months then gets traded to Atlanta. He has NBA talent.

He simply needs a few months with a staff that knows how to develope talent (New York) and a team that has room for him to get minutes (Atlanta).
The Knicks know how to develop talent? Is that why Nate Robinson is becoming such a great point guard? Guys like Rajon Rondo, Gerald Green, Delonte West, Ryan Gomes and Al Jefferson are doing fine here. But poor Bassy is held back by the staff. Just like in Portland, right? Actually, you know what he could really use? A coaching staff that knows proper gun training...Doc Rivers is pretty liberal and I don't think he even has one.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:32 PM   #23
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
NY's staff is pretty good with player developement.

They seem to be one of the worst, actually. With all that talent and potential, and under 30 wins the last two years, how could yo usay that?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:43 PM   #24
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

This is not a Knick thread. After this I will not reply about the Knicks anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
They seem to be one of the worst, actually. With all that talent and potential, and under 30 wins the last two years, how could yo usay that?
If you are saying you have not seen improvement in the Knicks players this season under Isiah Thomas and his staff you are either blind or to biased to admit it.

Curry is learning to deal with doubles and is slowly improving on defense and on the glass. Notice slowly is bolded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Guys like Rajon Rondo, Gerald Green, Delonte West, Ryan Gomes and Al Jefferson are doing fine here. But poor Bassy is held back by the staff.

Can't say they held him back cause I only seen a couple Celtic games. In the ones I did catch I didn't see major improvement from the guys you named though. Just looked like they were being given more minutes and chances to contribute.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:44 PM   #25
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
They have some guards that can score (with the ball in their hands, not so good off of the ball) and a big that can score in the paint but the big doesn't defend or rebound and the guards don't defend. They only have two hustle players, Lee and Balkman, and if the team is healthy Balkman barely plays. No real superstars (Marbury hasn't made the ASG in a while and doesn't seem likely to get back there soon). Why should they be good, or even average?
Old 04-22-2007, 02:06 PM   #26
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Can't say they held him back cause I only seen a couple Celtic games. In the ones I did catch I didn't see major improvement from the guys you named though. Just looked like they were being given more minutes and chances to contribute.
Al Jefferson is a candidate for NBA MIP, averaging 16 and 11 from 8 and 5 (or something like that) his improvement should be obvious. Green's doubled his scoring average, now at a solid 10 ppg with one 33-point outburst near the season's end, good progress for the second season out of high school. Delonte West has become a solid roleplayer as a combo guard, 12 and 4 being decent numbers from a pick in the 20s. Gomes averages 4 more points this season. Rondo averaged 14, 6 and 5 over the last 9 games. Lead all rookies in steals and was second in assists, barely edged out by Brandon Roy (who got 12 more mpg). Only Telfair has regressed. And this, being coached and sent to the third string by his second ex-point guard coach (first McMillan, now Rivers). But it's everyone but Bassy's fault. Yeah, the guys getting more pt is partially responsible for the statistical increase...but why did Telfair get less and less minutes while the injuries piled up? Because he's not that good, that's why.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:55 PM   #27
ballahalic
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
The Celtics are really serious on moving Telfair, where do you think he will end up?
good i thought hed score in boston but he doesnt do nething other than make em worse
ballahalic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:23 PM   #28
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

A link for the curious.
Quote:
“Believe me, he’s not going to wear green again,” said a team source who requested anonymity.
I just have one hope, when it comes to Telfair being traded (I'm not a big fan, most Cs fans aren't at this point): Don't just look to "punish" him. At least try to get a player of value out of dealing him, if he isn't included in a larger package deal. I'd be annoyed if the team ended up with a guy like Brian Cardinal just to get rid of Telfair.
Further proof of idiocy:
Quote:
Telfair, clocked by Westchester County police driving 77 miles per hour in a 45 mph zone on the Bronx River Parkway in Yonkers, was pulled over at 3:58 a.m.
Telfair, who presented police with a suspended Florida driver’s license, was also charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle - a misdemeanor - and issued summonses for speeding and driving without a license.
Suspended Florida license, on top of everything else? Meaning he couldn't get one here, in Portland, or in NY, and he lost it? This guy may be too dumb for the NBA.

Last edited by Real Men Wear Green : 04-22-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:29 PM   #29
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Telfair loses his locker.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #30
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Well, that was worth Randy Foye.