Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-16-2007, 10:32 AM   #31
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Top 10 Small Forwards since 1980 (listed in order)

Mullin's team's sucked, and he sucks. I guess the small forward position has just been really weak if Mullin is top 10 since 1980.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #32
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
Mullin's team's sucked, and he sucks. I guess the small forward position has just been really weak if Mullin is top 10 since 1980.

Mind you, I'm not defending Mullin being top 10 (especially since guys like TMac and Lebron aren't on there, and they'd be above him imo); all I'm saying is that Glen Rice, Schrempf, Manning, and Marion don't have much of a case to be put over Chris Mullin. Out of that group, Marion probably has the best case due to his defensive advantage and rebounding, but he's nowhere near the passer or scorer Mullin was.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:16 AM   #33
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Mind you, I'm not defending Mullin being top 10 (especially since guys like TMac and Lebron aren't on there, and they'd be above him imo); all I'm saying is that Glen Rice, Schrempf, Manning, and Marion don't have much of a case to be put over Chris Mullin. Out of that group, Marion probably has the best case due to his defensive advantage and rebounding, but he's nowhere near the passer or scorer Mullin was.
that's my take on chris too. he was a smart player, surprisingly decent defender and playmaker and a deadly scorer. his stats were helped by the high pace the nellie and timmy provided though. i'll toss out a 80s-today sf list just to see where he'd be on mine. i'm going to make it based on a feel for what skills they brought to the table, how much of an impact they had on their teams, and their accomplishments. so when i look at pippen and worthy i'll factor in the amount of winning they did, but that won't necessarily put them over guys who had a heavier burden to lift night in night out:

1. bird
2. irving
3. king
4. james
5. tmac
6. pippen
7. wilkins
8. dantley
9. worthy
10. aguirre

so i found this really difficult and don't feel at all confident about that list. english, pierce, and carter i feel okay leaving off because i think they are natural 2s. melo, mullin, rice, and marion missing the list is based entirely on the fact that mark aguire was willing to fit into a system to get those rings with the pistons after being the main man in dallas. if i get ripped for that decision i don't really have a counter-argument. i put pip behind james and mcgrady because even as a huge pippen fan i can tell you that i would take a healthy tmac or lebron as the center piece of my team over scottie. they're just better first options. i put scottie ahead of the others because even though they are pretty much all better scorers none of them match his guard skill + size versatility while most of those above him do (bird and king not so much, but they were phenoms). i may be ranking king too high, but i remember him being basically unguardable when i started watching ball, and it made a serious impression.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:09 AM   #34
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1. Larry Bird
2. Julius Erving
3. Clyde Drexler
4. Scottie Pippen
6. Bernard King
7. James Worthy
8. Lebron James
9. Tracy Mcgrady
10. Adrian Dantley
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:16 AM   #35
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Drexler is considered a SF, then so should Jordan.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:38 AM   #36
90sDynasty
Decent playground baller

90sDynasty has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
1. Larry Bird
2. Julius Erving
3. Clyde Drexler
4. Scottie Pippen
6. Bernard King
7. James Worthy
8. Lebron James
9. Tracy Mcgrady

10. Adrian Dantley

Tracy McGrady, you have to be kidding me.

Aguirre was 10x the player he is.
90sDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:39 AM   #37
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

danny manning #1
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:12 AM   #38
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

where's lebron he's accomplished more then some of these cats have.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:45 AM   #39
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sDynasty

Tracy McGrady, you have to be kidding me.

Aguirre was 10x the player he is.
No he wasn't...
Scoring
Mac>Aguirre
Passing
Mac>>>>>Aguirre
Rebounds
Mac>Aguirre
Defense
Mac>>Aguirre
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:57 AM   #40
kgisbigticket
Banned

kgisbigticket has an OK reputation so far

Pippen is one of the most overrated players ever if not the most overrated player ever. People act like he was so good. He won 6 titles with MJ, but never won a finals MVP. How are you so good that you can't even win a finals mvp out of 6 tries? Even Tony Parker won one from Duncan and James Worthy from Magic and Kareem and Cedric Maxwell from Bird.
kgisbigticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:59 AM   #41
Spudjjay
Shining on em

Spudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation here

1. Larry Bird
2. Julius Erving
3. Clyde Drexler
4. Scottie Pippen
6. Lebron James(WOW!! for now...)
7. Bernard King
8. Paul Pierce(So underated )
9. James Worthy
10. Adrian Dantley
Spudjjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:03 AM   #42
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudjjay
3. Clyde Drexler
8. Paul Pierce(So underated )
9. James Worthy
10. Adrian Dantley
Not that underrated, and why are so many folks putting Glide on this list. He played SF for 2 seasons (if that) early in his career.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #43
Revelation
The Fouler

Revelation has decent reputation

1. Larry Bird
2. Julius Erving
3. Scottie Pippen
4. Clyde Drexler (If you consider him a SF)
5. Lebron James
6. James Worthy
7. Bernard King
8. Tracy Mcgrady
9. Alex English
10. Chris Mullin

HM: Aguirre, G. Hill

Last edited by Revelation : 02-06-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #44
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Not that underrated, and why are so many folks putting Glide on this list. He played SF for 2 seasons (if that) early in his career.
agreed. if you're going to put drexler on the list, you ought to have garnett on there too. he played a hell of a lot more small forward than clyde did.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote