Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: is Kobe the best shooter all time

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Best shooter, yes. He took the most shots.

Shame about his aiming though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    Kobe is one of the best tough-shot makers. He also takes the most tough-shots, which is why he holds the missed FG record.
    Yep, takes the most dumb shots, by virtue of this he makes the most. Kind of a selffulfilling prophecy if you will...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Jordan.
    No one cares.

Neither is even close to the GOAT shooter title.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

MJ received the highest praise about his shooting from Jerry West (all-time shooter) and DPOY Ron Artest:

Jerry West: "I've seen some incredible players," West says. "I mean, the Lakers had some incredible players--Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson--and it's awful to say, but Michael Jordan is the best player I've ever seen.

"People get enamored with his spectacular physical presence, but his skill level . . . if his skill level wasn't that good, he'd be another guy who you'd see on the highlight films a lot, but he wouldn't have been thought of as maybe the greatest player that ever played the game. [COLOR="red"]Right now, I don't know who's a better jump-shooter[/COLOR]."

http://articles.latimes.com/1996-05-...chael-jordan/4

Ron Artest: "Jordan was the toughest (to guard out of Kobe, Lebron, MJ) because he's as strong as Lebron, [COLOR="Red"]he shoots as good as Reggie Miller[/COLOR] from the mid-range, and because he's tough. He's a killer out there on the court."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5dXZxj6Zbc&t=0m57s

Last edited by 3ball; 05-01-2015 at 07:34 AM.

Banned

No, they're not. Jordan is closer than Kobe though.

I honestly don't think it's a stretch at all to suggest that Michael Jordan is the greatest mid range shooter of all time. I haven't personally seen anyone better at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    None of those players were regularly triple teamed all game long like Kobe was. Did you even watch these players or are you just quoting stats?
    Don't talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    I honestly don't think it's a stretch at all to suggest that Michael Jordan is the greatest mid range shooter of all time. I haven't personally seen anyone better at it.
    I agree! In terms of midrange, MJ has a great case as the best midrange shooter of all time. When u thrown in the three ball, I think Steph Curry is gonna be the man. And I gotta give Bird mad respect of popularizing the three ball and really putting it on the map.

Kobe and MJ mid range game is amazing easily two of greatest at that department. I'm not sure which had better mid range game it's super close flip a coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    Kobe and MJ mid range game is amazing easily two of greatest at that department. I'm not sure which had better mid range game it's super close flip a coin.
    I disagree but that's okay. Kobe's mid range game was excellent though. Not gonna knock it. Better than brans for sure

NBA Superstar

Dirk?

Jordan got easier shots because of his quickness but I don't think there's ever been anyone who could consistently knock down high difficulty mid-range jumpers the way Dirk could.

Kobe is many things, but he is not the best shooter of all time. He's had such an amazing and adaptive game throughout his career, but I'd never even think of considering him even close to the best shooter. Come on now.