Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: All under 6' 6" Built Like a Brick Shithouse Team: Could they win a title any year?

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Unseld won an MVP when Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell were in the league, and won a title when Jabbar and Bill Walton were in their prime. He's one of the greatest passing centers of all time, a tremendous rebounder, and one of the most brutal pick setters that ever played. Like, him setting a pick looks like a highlight he's so good at it.

Maxiell is lucky to even be on the list, I only added him because he's the only player I've seen capable of playing minutes as a center in the NBA outside of Gus Johnson that is legitimately under 6 foot 6.
    that's nice that he won an MVP in the 60's.
    still would put maxiel over him tho

Default Re: All under 6' 6" Built Like a Brick Shithouse Team: Could they win a title any year?

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    that's nice that he won an MVP in the 60's.
    still would put maxiel over him tho
    Sorry, not your team.

Okay I added Richmond, and Jason Kidd to the bench after looking at their physical data they qualify.

What else does this team need?
    Kyle Lowry. He's like 5'11 210 lbs

College superstar

Great collection of redundant talent. Not enough shooting and not enough size. I think they would struggle in the half court. Mozgov would have like 40/.

Any team with prime Oscar, Wade, and Barkley is winning it all, regardless of how big the other players are..as longer as they're NBA-level players. And I haven't seen much footage of Unseld or Gus Johnson at all but I'm assuming they were really f*cking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Any team with prime Oscar, Wade, and Barkley is winning it all, regardless of how big the other players are..as longer as they're NBA-level players. And I haven't seen much footage of Unseld or Gus Johnson at all but I'm assuming they were really f*cking good.
    Unseld won an MVP his rookie year in a league of Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell, and anchored a title team in a league of prime Kareem and prime Bill Walton.

Kevin Love's outlet passes are patterned after Wes Unselds, so there'd be a lot of quick outlet opportunties happening on that team.

Elgin Baylor is in the starting line up too.

On paper at least, they would destroy the whole league...

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Isn't Ben Wallace 6'6 or 6'5.5"? Easily one of the best defenders of the modern era and it would be nice to have a player who doesn't need to use the ball on this team.

edit: Joe Dumars was a tough sob at the sg position. He has a stocky build and underrated strength for the guard position. And while Wade is a much, much better individual player than he ever was, he's probably a better fit alongside Barkley and Big O.
    Last edited by j3lademaster; 03-31-2015 at 06:21 PM.

What kind of ****ing stupid bastard thinks a team with Wade/Robertson/Baylor/Barkley/Kidd/Richmond is going to do anything short of a Finals appearance (or MAYBE a tough game 7 loss in conference finals)?

I definitely agree remove the 6'6" limit make it under 6'10" instead and allow Ben Wallace on the team and the team is a championship lock. Every year ever.

Banned

James Harden

Unseld won an MVP his rookie year in a league of Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell, and anchored a title team in a league of prime Kareem and prime Bill Walton.

Kevin Love's outlet passes are patterned after Wes Unselds, so there'd be a lot of quick outlet opportunties happening on that team.

Elgin Baylor is in the starting line up too.
    Totally skimmed over it. Jesus. Yeah they're winning it all.

Quote Originally Posted by RightToCensor
    James Harden
    Wow can't believe I overlooked him.

That bench is starting to look like a full-blown 2nd unit.

Honestly the only concern with this team is three point shooting

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    Honestly the only concern with this team is three point shooting
    Any solid 3 point shooting players built like tanks that you can think of off hand?

I mean it's not like that team can't shoot. Some of those guys are/were great shooters, even if it isn't always 3 point range.

Guys that with or without weight training were built like football players that your favorite tall, gangly basketball players might be able to shoot over, but don't want to step in front of on a drive, nor run into on a pick, nor fight out for a rebound.

PG Oscar Robertson:
    6-4.75" without shoes
    205-220lbs

SG Dwyane Wade:
    6' 3.75" without shoes
    212-231lbs

SF Elgin Baylor:
    6' 5" without shoes
    214-236lbs

PF Charles Barkley:
    6' 4.75" without shoes
    253-300lbs

C Wes Unseld:
    6' 5.5" without shoes
    245-270lbs

PG (bench) Jason Kidd:
    6' 2.75" without shoes
    205-215lbs

SG/SF (bench) Mitch Richmond:
    6' 4" without shoes
    215-222lbs

SG/SF (bench) James Harden:
    6' 4" without shoes
    220-225lbs

SF/PF (bench) Gus Johnson:
    6' 4.75" without shoes
    230-235lbs

PF/C (bench) Jason Maxiell:
    6-5" without shoes
    258-270lbs

Feel free to round out the bench if I missed any obvious candidates.
    Im confused, Wes is listed at 6'7, why you saying he 6'5.5?