Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-08-2007, 09:55 AM   #16
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: KOBE > DIRK for MVP

GoBB still banned?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:27 AM   #17
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

The worst. I look at myself in the mirror sometimes disgusted at the face I see because I continue to visit and read threads like this.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:14 PM   #18
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

why give the thread-starter such a hard time? he has his opinion. It appears he is not from the U.S., and is not perfectly familiar with MVP voting. So I will explain briefly:
Traditionally, the MVP award goes to the best player on one of the best teams as determined entirely by reporter voting. It does NOT go to the best all-around player in the NBA (unless that player is on one of the best teams).
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:18 PM   #19
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

It seems like it's only Kobe fans that want to change the established guidelines for handing out the MVP and undo decades of precedence just to twist and somehow get Kobe in there.

So what they're saying, basically, is that Kobe is the most special player in the history of basketball and the rules shouldn't apply to him.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:41 PM   #20
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by guangmoreno
the role that kobe played in laker is more important than Dirk's. without howard yesterday, Mavs seemed not elite at all, the key of win for MAVS is dirk, terry and howard. So dirk is overated for MVP.
Nash is overrated too, because he's got Amare, and others, even Amare said Kobe deserves MVP, Because Kobe has nobody aside him. If you give him howard, Lakers will win all the games.

I always hesitate to respond to posts that sound retarded because I may or may not be the object of a practical joke.

but anyways

MVP does NOT reward mediocrity. If your team is middle of the pack you dont win, and nor should you, the object of the game is winning, you haven't done it enough you dont win MVP.

Simple
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #21
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
I always hesitate to respond to posts that sound retarded because I may or may not be the object of a practical joke.

but anyways

MVP does NOT reward mediocrity. If your team is middle of the pack you dont win, and nor should you, the object of the game is winning, you haven't done it enough you dont win MVP.

Simple

The fact you're replying all serious to a joke topic and poster is sad. 3-4 other posts could create similar threads and you would go into kamikaze mode trying to destroy all the gro-upies wouldnt you? How about you save your replies for more serious threads and posters?

Simple
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:54 PM   #22
KIWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEWLS
So your saying that your considering the lakers excluding kobe are all crap?

earlier in the season no now yes

all im saying is when the Fakers were playing well earlier in the season Kobe's numbers particularly scoring were way below the 30+ hes getting now cause he didn't need to his team was playing well!

its easy everyone knows when Kobe scores 40+ its cause hes teammates are playing like dogshiz

as far as you saying that(p-forty's comments) was the stupidest thing you've ever heard on ISH that was hysterical
Old 04-08-2007, 09:00 PM   #23
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

Lakerz_Forever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
the role that kobe played in laker is more important than Dirk's. without howard yesterday, Mavs seemed not elite at all, the key of win for MAVS is dirk, terry and howard. So dirk is overated for MVP.
Nash is overrated too, because he's got Amare, and others, even Amare said Kobe deserves MVP, Because Kobe has nobody aside him. If you give him howard, Lakers will win all the games.

uhm, i read the text under your username, so i'm not criticizing you on your lack of english. I'm criticizing you on your idiocy. I am a Kobe fan, and i fully well know Dirk will take it this year. real talk.
Lakerz_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:46 PM   #24
Dodonpa
Great young streetballer

Dodonpa has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

this guy = #1
Dodonpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:48 PM   #25
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodonpa

this guy = #1

nice bump

its kinda funny that half of the posters in this thread are banned.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:58 PM   #26
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS
You are 100% correct. Dirk was the best player on the best team, that hardly makes him the MVP. Had Dirk been on a WNBA team like the Lakers, they might not even make the playoffs. The fact that Kobe can lead such a pathetic excuse for an NBA team to the playoffs is a hell of an accomplishment. For the last 2 years, Kobe should have been the real MVP, but unfortunately, due to the fool we have running this game, that will never be the case.
your not supposed to agree with him...he's an idiot
Old 07-29-2007, 01:03 PM   #27
shok
Decent playground baller

shok has an OK reputation so far

Kobe has Lamar Odom and a non-tradeable asset in Andrew Bynum. They have no excuses.

Kobe's Lakers played a .500 game while the Mavs won 67 games; 25 games more than the Lakers. It's unfortunate the Mavs couldn't get over the GSW, but Dirk is still the legit MVP.
shok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:13 PM   #28
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS
Lamar Odom is an above average player in the league. That's it. That's all they have. Every other player in his team is NBDL material. They have plenty of excuses. It's not Kobe's fault that the inept front office wouldn't trade for Kidd, even though a very bad, young center, caused the demise of the deal. The Mavs won 67 games because they were the best team in the league, period. Dirk is just another great player, most likely a HOF'er, playing on a great team. He is not MVP material.

Dirk wasn't the only reason the Mavs won 67 games.

Kobe is the only reason the Lakers aren't the worst team in NBA history.

Nash is the reason above average players on that team are superstars.

Kobe or Nash should have won, not Dirk.

eh a Kobe-less Lakers > a KG-less Minny
Old 07-29-2007, 01:39 PM   #29
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Don't you think your statement is going a little too far?

So what your saying is Kobe deserves MVP over EVERY single player in the league?

Firstly, the Mavs are having one of the best seasons this decade and DIRK is the main key to their success. If you think of a team without Dirk? The team would be FAR from what it is right now.

Secondly, Nash over-rated for MVP? We've seen the Suns play with the absence of Nash. They can barely win games.

Kobe has ALOT of talent, and he's been amazing this season. But to say that Kobe's above BOTH Nash and Dirk? pleaaase.

ya and i saw the suns play games with out marion too and each of those games they LOST!! and it was ugly, ur point?
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #30
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10
What T Mac said.
what happend to soccer 10?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: