Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-05-2007, 01:27 AM   #16
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: so is Kobe officially a moron chucker again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
Kobe has been taking alot of bad shots lately, but I think he has to take shots right now...I blame Kobe for tonight, but also the teammates just aren't helping him right now...Walton & Bynum missed curcial FT's against Denver...no one could make a basket down the stretch that game, this team outside of Kobe is playing very bad basketball on both ends of the court right now...the only reason we aren't below .500 right now is because of Kobe.
, tired excuses.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:29 AM   #17
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

just in general lately I'm concerned.

he gets his 50+ games... and now for the next season and a half he's going to be going for 50 every single game just like the last time he went on a tear and became my least favorite player ever.

I guess we'll see in the playoffs.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:29 AM   #18
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

i've been a big critic of chucker kobe but with him we're a .500 team and honestly that's what we need right now to make the playoffs.

This team has completely lost what it had at the beginning. Aside from an occasional good game like the one in sacto, we need Kobe to chuck.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:29 AM   #19
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
wow how did I know the lame irrelevant "BUT GILBO CHUX 2 LOL" post was coming? why are you halfwits so defensive? I was asking a simple ****ing question.

from the perspective of someone who likes the new Kobe a lot and doesn't want to see him go.

There never was the new Kobe.

He just had teammates that overachieved and thus had a lot of confidence.

Easy schedule, lots of games at Staples...ya.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:29 AM   #20
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
Why are everyone so hard on Bynum, my god...he's playing WAY better then Jermain O'Neal played at this age in Portland. Give me a break, you expect him to put up 15/10 as a 19 year old...ain't going to happen, those players are warriors in the NBA...they know the tricks, they have the talent and they have the strenght...you can't ask Bynum to perfom every night against them, he'll have his ups and downs...evaluate him in 2-3years, I'm sure you all will be on his bandwagon then.

Bynum doesnt have the mentality to be a really good bball player. He was soft in hs and i dont think it will change. Bynum was that kid who would get abused by 6"3 power forwards and then cry about it. I just dont think it is in him to compete night in and night out. I was hoping he changed but I dont think he can.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:33 AM   #21
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Im sorry I just don't buy it.

I think Kobe's teammates saw him going for 50 and now once again they feel sheepish, they feel like they're in kobe's way, and theyre scared to assert themselves.

when Kobe took a backseast earlier in the year his teammates showed up. and the Lakers won games. I do not believe for a second Kobe's teammates are the determining factor here. since when have they been? this team has always risen and fallen with Kobe even in the Shaq days. in the days when Kobe was in harmony with Shaq (who was a constant) the Lakers won... when Kobe started being immeasurably stupid/selfish later on, the Lakers stopped winning. what's different? Kobe's teammates are not strong willed, they're young and they hang in the balance of how Kobe wants them to play. if Kobe puts on an attitude of "you rookies dont know what youre doing, give me the ball for a pullup 2" they're going to give him the ball... and wen they get it back their confidence will be lessened and they'll be scared to screw up.

I think if Kobe played like he did early in the year his teammates would change their scene at the drop of a DIME.

but what do I know.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:37 AM   #22
Soccer10
Banned

Gee - Not saying that it isn't possible but I don't think any of us here can tell for sure.
Before the 50+ streak, the Lakers have lost 7 games in a row and Kobe was passing.
Ditto for some previous negative streaks.

So, it's not like the only thing that' changed is Kobe. Previous strategy was not working.

Also, another thing to consider is that Phil has moved Kobe to the wing now where he wants him to score.
Earlier in the year he had Kobe on the perimeter initiating the offense.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:37 AM   #23
bumm3rm4n
I airball my layups

bumm3rm4n has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
no, its just that Kobe's teammates are pansies that wont shoot the ball when they are wide open

I think kobe would rather have pansy teammates than good offensive player like shaq in his team.
bumm3rm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:47 AM   #24
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

I think now that Kobe's experienced having pansy teammates, he is missing Shaq like crazy
Old 04-05-2007, 01:55 AM   #25
humbug
Can barely lace up my sneakers

humbug has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Im sorry I just don't buy it.

I think Kobe's teammates saw him going for 50 and now once again they feel sheepish, they feel like they're in kobe's way, and theyre scared to assert themselves.

when Kobe took a backseast earlier in the year his teammates showed up. and the Lakers won games. I do not believe for a second Kobe's teammates are the determining factor here.

i agree with this. yes, it's great when you score 50 in 4 straight games and hoist up 30+ a night to do it, but the more you do it, who on your team will want to get in your way afterwards? talentwise, the lakers are not nearly as bad as they seem, especially with odom as the #2 option, along with walton and evans. however, parker is as bad as advertised.
humbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:00 AM   #26
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I agree with Geewiz. Kobe's desire to be admired by the media due to his scoring frenzies is taking his teammates out of the game.

Okay, they're not an amazingly deep team. But tonight Odom and Walton were efficient and really everybody but Turiaf and Bynum were efficient, oh yeah and Kobe too.

There will be games where he'll need to get 50, but 2nite wasn't one of them.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:00 AM   #27
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Honestly all year i was decided which one he was a chuncker or passer/scorer but now I see ..
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:02 AM   #28
Soccer10
Banned

^ Kobe was passing the ball before the streak, what was the Lakers recod?

They had several losing streaks.
You mentioned Odom as a 2nd option. Well, most Laker fans don't consider him one.
Walton? On how many teams in the league would he start? Let's say 7. Over or under?
Evans? Pistons fans say that he's a terrible player yet he's one of our best.

Lakers definitely lack talent but they lack even more balance.

Just a terribly constructed team.

And Gee, you're right. I'm sure Kobe right now would appreciate sharing the load with someone as agressive as Shaq.
No, that player doesn't have to be talented like Shaq. That's impossible.
But just being able to fit with Kobe and being talented enough to average 20+ points and agressive. That would do it for me.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:30 AM   #29
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

give me a damn break the Lakers are stacked everywhere but pg.

Kwame, Bynum and Turiaf properly used is clearly an above average frontcourt.

Odom, Walton, Cook, Radman, that's 7 pretty good players for the 3-5. nothing to complain about there. Odom and Walton pass well and score a little. Cook can shoot. Kwame plays D. Bynum blocks shots. Turiaf is scrappy. all these players are clearly roster quality guys.

then you've got a top 3 player at SG. the pg spot sucks but not that badly. they've had their moments each. plus mo evans who is very underrated by just about everyone.

the Lakers are pretty damn good and I'm tired of this crappy supporting cast stuff. what they are is weak-willed. inconsistent sure but what has Kobe scoring a lot done for them? Kobe should paly the same way he did before and pray these guys find themselves because the way he's going now you can be absolutely certain they're not winning ****.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:07 AM   #30
Soccer10
Banned

Hahah, Lakers have a good roster...

This is how I see it.

Shammond Williams
Sasha Vujacic
Jordan Farmar
Smush Parker
Aaron McKie

That's group 1 that I'm not sure will get another NBA contract.

Then you have Radmanovic and Cook. Both can score but you need to hide them defensively. They're dumb as a rock and besides shooting they offer nothing else.

Then there's Luke. My 2nd favorite Laker. Love him...but he's not a starter.

Then there's Bynum. Yes, he's talented but as of right now he doesn't deserve minutes nor would he be getting them anywhere else.

Kwame - Yeah, him I like. Good man to man defense.

Who else is there? Turiaf and Evans...two guys I also like...but clearly, bench players.

And that's the Lakers roster, pretty much.

If you're ging to do what you justd did then every single roster is good.

TWolves

Davis scores 17 points a game and does other things well, Blount is a very good center who can score, Mike James can also score, Foye is looking really good, Craig Smith can score, rebound and defend, Hassell is a great defender, Jaric can do a lot of things etc.

But it doesn't quite work that way.

Lakers have NO balance, no post scoring, no defense, very little playmaking, no scorers but Kobe, very little shotblocking etc etc etc etc.

Even if they have some decent players, they're duplicates of each other like Cook and Radmanovic so 1 of them is too many.

BTW, I'd like the Lakers to take a look at DeShawn Stevenson this summer.
From what I've seen, he impressed me and I want Kobe at 3 anyway so someone athletic with skills is what I want for the SG.
Can Stevenson shoot and defend and how is his bball IQ?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: