Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-04-2007, 04:19 PM   #16
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kevin Garnett opens up about losing, AI and his future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBynumProject
Right. You asked sakf, but I gave my opinion anyway. No harm intended. But cmon dude, if Minny keeps their pick its in the top ten and they're not trading it for Bibby. They need young talent. They are done adding high-salaried vets. Glen Taylor said so simself.

So basically they are going to trade Garnett? Because if they're not then he NEEDS some vet help like Bibby.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:22 PM   #17
TheBynumProject
Byonic

TheBynumProject has decent reputation

Like Mike James?
TheBynumProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:26 PM   #18
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Mike Bibby is 1 million times the PG Mike James is. Bibby has shown he can be the second option on a contending team. He's the type of clutch guy KG needs(KG is actually a lot better in the clutch than people say, atleast he is lately but he needs another guy IMO).
Old 04-04-2007, 04:40 PM   #19
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Nobody in the L has a contract situation like KG's, you can stop that right there.
Garnett gets $21 million right now.

Shaq gets 20, Webber got 18 before being released, Iverson gets 18, Kidd gets 18, Jermaine O'Neal gets 18, Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan get 17.

The difference really isn't that much.

And when you consider that a team with that kind of contract probably isn't going to be under the cap anyway, it's REALLY not that big a deal until you get into luxury tax territory.

But that's the thing - luxury tax territory can be safely avoided with WISE USE OF SALARY CAP EXCEPTIONS, something for which Minnesota is definitely not known.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:42 PM   #20
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBynumProject
Okay, I agree it played a lagre part. Could you say with a straight face that the Wolves would have gone to such shady lengths to add talent if their cap wasn't tied around an 125 million dollar contract? (the cap back then was about 30 million). So his contract was over 4 times the salary cap.
If Garnett had a smaller contract, the Joe Smith fiasco probably still would have happened.

They signed Smith to a covert, under-the-table contract. That's why they got in trouble. They could have waited to do it and still gotten it done legally, but they wanted to be absolutely sure that they had him.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:43 PM   #21
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Hey SAKF if the wolves keep their pick would you be fine trading it for Mike Bibby?
I'd only be fine with it if you're taking two contracts that I don't like.

Troy Hudson
Mike James
Marko Jaric
Mark Blount

I don't know if Sacramento does it in that situation, but Bibby next to Garnett is really, really nice.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:44 PM   #22
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
KG's attitude: I'll give you your money's worth and if we don't win it's not my fault. Now, gimme my money b*tch!
That's pretty darn inaccurate.

Even just the interview that's posted in this topic can tell you that.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:53 PM   #23
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Blaming KG for his contract is ridiculous, he took a 12M$ paycut during his prime to help his team win, go ahead and name all the other players who have done that, list them for me.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #24
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
"I think Michael Redd and I have skillsets that complement each other well," said the veteran power foward. "With him, Andrew, Mo and myself on the floor, we wouldn't have much trouble reaching the finals."
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:01 PM   #25
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Remember, it was singed in 1997 when the salary cap was less than half of what it is today

LMAO

he wasnt making 20 mil back then.

ps. Please dont trade him to the bucks.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:04 PM   #26
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
ps. Please dont trade him to the bucks.
Yeah, seriously.

The thought of getting Bogut or Villanueva as compensation for Garnett (unless THE TOP pick comes along with it) makes me want to vomit.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:10 PM   #27
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
I'd only be fine with it if you're taking two contracts that I don't like.

Troy Hudson
Mike James
Marko Jaric
Mark Blount

I don't know if Sacramento does it in that situation, but Bibby next to Garnett is really, really nice.

I'd probably take 1 of those contracts but not both. What if the Kings threw in Artest?
Old 04-04-2007, 05:13 PM   #28
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ill give you randy foye just to keep artest
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:14 PM   #29
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
I'd probably take 1 of those contracts but not both. What if the Kings threw in Artest?
Ick. This is supposed to be some kind of positively-motivating factor? When trading a big contract (whose stock is down as a result of a disappointing season) and getting a lottery pick in return, you can't be incredibly picky about what else comes with it.

And anyway, you're going to trade Artest this summer for Ricky Davis because Minnesota's phenomenally stupid.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:15 PM   #30
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Blaming KG for his contract is ridiculous, he took a 12M$ paycut during his prime to help his team win, go ahead and name all the other players who have done that, list them for me.

I wonder what would have happened if KG had signed for the max. I think he would have ended up in a Knick uniform years ago if that were the case.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: