Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-04-2007, 11:56 AM   #1
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool
Default Celtics/Bucks 8pm EST - Major ping pong balls on the line

Both teams are blatantly tanking.

Pierce, Jefferson, Bogut, Villanueva all out for the season. This game should be hilarious as both teams invent last second injuries or flu's, and both coaches sit their best remaining players during the fourth quarter.

If this one ends up close, I expect to see some shots scored on their own basket.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:57 AM   #2
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Celtics/Bucks 8pm EST - Major ping pong balls on the line

lol
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:22 PM   #3
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Michael Redd is playing, right? Barring Gerald Green's first 30-point game Milwaukee should get this one easy.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They are not blatantly tanking unless you were being sarcastic.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:01 PM   #5
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Redd is playing tonight, and I don't think Pierce is, so the Bucks may take this one... which means that the Celts will win out in the long run...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:12 PM   #6
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
They are not blatantly tanking unless you were being sarcastic.
I'm not being sarcastic. I can tell you for sure that the Bucks are. They shut down Bogut for the season when he still wanted to play, and they go to the bench in the fourth quarter if the game is close. Coach K is "giving Ilyasova experience as the go-to guy in a close game" instead of relying on Redd.

In an interview, the coach said (paraphrasing) "We all know the playoffs are out of reach, so I don't want to sound dishonest as a rah-rah guy. We'll just try to get ready for next year."

Maybe the Celtics are still trying to win every game - I haven't watched them in a while. But I do know that Jefferson injured his leg a couple weeks ago, and all of the sudden against their fiercest lottery competetor it's an issue. Doc Rivers received heat from the league office for blowing an 18 point lead with his starters on the bench for the whole thing.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:24 PM   #7
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

If there was a way for two teams to lose the same game, these two would be interested.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:32 PM   #8
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Adam - has fantank.com seen any improvements?
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:47 PM   #9
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jefferson is out as well. More time and touches for Perkins.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:58 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Here is the conflict i seem to have with the whole tanking idea. The fact teams refuse to play thier best players and shelf them due to injury even tho the player supposedly wants to play...i dont see nothing wrong with that. These players have guranteed contracts and are often overpaid imo dispite how the market is set up. So why would i welcome the risk of playing this injured player and furthering damaging them? I rather them sit out, get treated, rest so they have the offseason to also get better AND improve thier game so come next season game 1 they are ready. There will be no "He's doubtful due to last seasons injury", there is no "potential surgery for last seasons injury". You see where I'm coming from...imo it eliminates ANY excuse for a player not to be ready game 1 of the new season.

I dont want another Grant Hill. I dont want another Sam Cassell (plays for 2 weeks injured for 2 plays for 1 week injured for 1). I want you healthy. And you cant use your injury as a reason for not putting in the time during the offseason (look you're not teachers who get paid 10 months and chill for 2) to improve your game. There is no "I couldnt work out much cuz my body hurts from last season".

I think thats why i have an issue with the injury argument unless the player isnt hurt and is being asked to mail it in. I know they used to do that with the injury reserve people....someone comes off and you put someone else on. Make up an injury just to keep these guys on your roster without releasing. Not sure if they still do that. But thats how i look at shutting down players who are injured on bad teams Or losing teams rather. Because i dont think the Bucks are a bad team when healthy.

Anyone else see it this way? Maybe this is still considered tanking without the extreme negative attatchment it usually gets. You say a team is tanking, not exactly a good thing or something applaud. Eh
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:43 PM   #11
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Here is the conflict i seem to have with the whole tanking idea. The fact teams refuse to play thier best players and shelf them due to injury even tho the player supposedly wants to play...i dont see nothing wrong with that.

I don't think it's wrong, but it's still tanking because most of these guys would probably still be playing if they were in the playoffs.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:47 PM   #12
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Adam - has fantank.com seen any improvements?
No - funny enough, a national radio show (on NPR I think) got ahold of me and was going to interview me for a segment on tanking, but when I told him I don't have a landline (only cell phone) he backed out. When that fell through, I canceled the website. It'll probably be up until the end of the month or whenever I've paid through.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:50 PM   #13
adamcz
Bucks fan

GOBB - no matter how you look at it, the team isn't trying to win games. The players are still out there playing hard, but the GM is asking the coach to give minutes to the rookies and rest the veterans. That's all tanking is and ever was, I think. I've never seen a player purposely suck out there.

And I do genuinely think that GM Larry Harris cheers for losses back at his office. He knows that a top draft pick will make his team good and help him keep his job.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:53 PM   #14
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The over/under on this game: 196.

I haven't played an NBA O/U since I was a kid.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:24 PM   #15
adamcz
Bucks fan

Looks like Michael Redd was held out. I just turned on the game so I don't know why yet.

EDIT: and Mo Williams???

Lol, but they're not tanking, right?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: