Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-05-2007, 04:08 AM   #151
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Battle of Los Angeles: Clippers vs Lakers (game thread)

Analyze both teams. What are the Lakers better at?
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:22 AM   #152
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10

pissing people off?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:58 AM   #153
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Clippers are more talented no doubt. They're playing with intensity and fire. They actually play defense and box out and go for rebounds. Lakers on the other hand look like a demoralized team..they look bad right now. Its tough comparing both teams right now as one is peaking and other is slumping but at their norm...Lakers arent as bad as they look right now (they arent good either though). Offensively, Lakers have the edge while Clippers seem to struggle in that area at times.

Main reason Lakers are more of a dangerous team IMO is because of Kobe and a coach like Phil.

Doesnt really matter though. its first round and out for both. The race for 6th is just for bragging rights.

Last edited by hotsizzle : 04-05-2007 at 05:11 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:22 AM   #154
Soccer10
Banned

I wouldn't agree that the Lakers are a better team offensively.
I see them as a one trick pony team. Kobe's a scorer, Kobe's the team. Other guys occasionaly get theirs.

OTOH, look how balanced the Clippers are

Post play - Brand (elite), Kaman
Slashing - Maggette
Shooting - Mobley
Playmaking - Cassell

Isn't that just a beauty?
And it's not like they're one dimensional, Brand is one of the best mid range shooters in the league, Cassell is also a deadly shooter, Mobley can take it to the rack etc..

Not to mention that they play defense too.

Now, look at the Lakers

Kwame
Odom
Walton
Kobe
Smush

Post play - uhh
Slashing - Kobe but even he doesn't do it consistantly. Who else breaks the defense on the Lakers?
Shooting - Kobe. Others are average.
Playmaking - Luke and Odom I guess, though they're not playmakers and we need help in that department.

Luke and Odom don't run offense as well Cassell, Luke-Odom-Smush don't shoot nearly as well as Cassell-Mobley-Maggette. Comparing post scoring would be ridiculous.
Our only advantage is Kobe.

The way I see, you just need balance in order to be a great offensive team.
It's all about talent and balance.

Inside-outside scoring is the dangerous way of scoring and the most effective too.

I don't know about the stats but even if the Lakers score more points I don't buy the theory that their offense is bettr.
I"ll take the 95 ppg Spurs offense over the 105 Warriors every day of the week.

BTW, most people think that the Lakers overachieved big time at the beginning of the season while the Clippers were perhaps the most dissapointing team.

That also may be a good way to look at things.
Maybe we're not in a slump and maybe the Clippers are not peaking.
Maybe this is how both teams realistically look.

I personally think that the Lakers are better than what they're showing now but no way are they as good as Laker fans would like to think.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:38 AM   #155
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I wouldn't agree that the Lakers are a better team offensively.
I see them as a one trick pony team. Kobe's a scorer, Kobe's the team. Other guys occasionaly get theirs.

OTOH, look how balanced the Clippers are

Post play - Brand (elite), Kaman
Slashing - Maggette
Shooting - Mobley
Playmaking - Cassell

Isn't that just a beauty?
And it's not like they're one dimensional, Brand is one of the best mid range shooters in the league, Cassell is also a deadly shooter, Mobley can take it to the rack etc..

Not to mention that they play defense too.

Now, look at the Lakers

Kwame
Odom
Walton
Kobe
Smush

Post play - uhh
Slashing - Kobe but even he doesn't do it consistantly. Who else breaks the defense on the Lakers?
Shooting - Kobe. Others are average.
Playmaking - Luke and Odom I guess, though they're not playmakers and we need help in that department.

Luke and Odom don't run offense as well Cassell, Luke-Odom-Smush don't shoot nearly as well as Cassell-Mobley-Maggette. Comparing post scoring would be ridiculous.
Our only advantage is Kobe.

The way I see, you just need balance in order to be a great offensive team.
It's all about talent and balance.

Inside-outside scoring is the dangerous way of scoring and the most effective too.

I don't know about the stats but even if the Lakers score more points I don't buy the theory that their offense is bettr.
I"ll take the 95 ppg Spurs offense over the 105 Warriors every day of the week.

BTW, most people think that the Lakers overachieved big time at the beginning of the season while the Clippers were perhaps the most dissapointing team.

That also may be a good way to look at things.
Maybe we're not in a slump and maybe the Clippers are not peaking.
Maybe this is how both teams realistically look.

I personally think that the Lakers are better than what they're showing now but no way are they as good as Laker fans would like to think.

Good post and I know what you mean...Clippers are more talented and are more balanced but they do have flaws. Their offense is lost at times, they sometimes forget about Brand. Kaman has been inconsistent this year. They're clicking right now though.

That last sentence you have there I agree with 100%. They are not as bad as they seem right now but they arent as good as some fans believe.

right now...the weak minded is getting exposed. This team does need a change and does need more help. Phil wants it and everyone knows Kobe is craving for some help. However, I dont fully believe that the 26-13 start was a complete fluke. Through that stretch, Lakers almost played the same amount of home as away games. They beat teams like utah, rockets, spurs, dallas, phx and were for the most part consistent. I cant really explain this trasmformation..maybe its a sign of too many injuries & youth...a youth that cant be waited on: the clock is ticking on Kobe's prime.

Still 6th seed though..amazing aint it

Last edited by hotsizzle : 04-05-2007 at 06:37 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:47 AM   #156
Ol Dirty Bastard
Local High School Star

Ol Dirty Bastard has not been impressing people

Quote:

im with you on how laker fans praise their team to be one of the best when clearly they're not.

Clippers much better TEAM, imo

the next couple games are gonna be interesting for the lakers, clippers, nuggets and warriors

CLIPPERS !!!!!
Ol Dirty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:20 AM   #157
Soccer10
Banned

26-13 wasn't realistic IMO.
However, what we're seeing now isn't realistic either.

Let's say that realistically they deserve to win around 46 games.

And they"ll win around 42.

45-46 is a realistic amount of wins for this team.

As for the failiure, I think it has to do a lot with phsychological aspects of the game and perhaps even other teams scouting us.
I think that actually has more to do with our great play earlier in the season than injuries and everything else.

Lakers started off hot and people started talking about how good they are.

If you remember, they won first two games without Kobe, Odom was huge, so was Luke, Bynum had a great game against Phoenix, Turiaf against GS etc.
Then Kobe came and they kept on rolling.
Cheminstry was beatiful, shots were falling, I mean, Luke Walton was leading the league in 3pt %, Bynum was a double-double player as a starter, Kwame also looked better than before, Farmar was playing well.

Basically, everyone but Radmanovic pretty much played their best and I can't see how it was possible for them to play better.

Now, here's what went wrong.

They started losing....it ruined their confidence.

Confidence is the main reason why they're not playing as good as before IMO.
When they had confidence, the effort was there, shots were falling like we have 5 3pt contest players on our team and they just played brilliantly although they still dropped a lot of games to bad teams.

That damn Kidd rumor also had a lot to do with the failiure IMO. During that time we started losing games.
I think the rumor definitely shocked some players and most of them are weak minded so...

The honeymoon had to end sometime.

I believe that the teams did a deep scouting on Bynum.

It was a similiar thing that happened to Channing Frye last year. He started off averaging 15 ppg or so but at one time he just became mediocre.

If you're not THAT good...it's possible that teams figure you out.
A strategy for Bynum could be to exploit his lack of strength, push him further away from the basket, play him close etc.

Then, they also figured out ways to stop our team and guys who were scoring more than they should. Zone was brutal against the Lakers. They started defending Luke closer not giving him that many open looks. Basically, I believe that most coaches also adjusted to the Lakers.

Why I don't believe that the injuries ruined us?

Remember the game against Mavs? We won that without Odom.
Game against Spors? Lost on a game winner by Finley, without Kwame and Luke IIRC.

As bad as the injuries were, the Lakers played well even when they had guys injured, that confidence and chemistry was so great earlier in the year that the Lakers were simply beating teams by passing the ball and playing very fundamental basketball.
That is gone now, confidence is lacking, we've been figured out to the degree etc.

The more we lose the less chemistry we have. The more Kobe scores the more will the others defer to Kobe and count on him to do everything and turn into spectators.

All in all, we haven't really seen much of the real Lakers this year IMO.
It was either highs or lows, crazy streaks both ways.
Not that semi above mediocre Lakers that are the real Lakers IMO. It was either good or great Lakers and bad or terrible Lakers when in fact they're neither IMO.

Last edited by Soccer10 : 04-05-2007 at 06:23 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:21 AM   #158
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
OMG stop ignoring Kobe
He shot 34 times and only made 13 of them you're still saying that his teammates are ignoring him?

Get the hell outta here. This is why I can't respect the Laker fans.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:13 AM   #159
profiled
Can barely lace up my sneakers

profiled has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
Kobe's legs getting tired... his shooting spree has ****ed his teams confidence and now we has to bring them home on tired legs... wonder if he can pull it off.

I was going to make this exact point.

The reason that the other Lakers lack confidence is that they went through a horrible stretch with some of their main players out. They come back drop a few game bringing their losing streak to what 8 games?

So Kobe, with no other choice has to go ape **** for 5 games so they don't slip out of the playoffs, and scores nearly half of their points during that stretch.

He cools down/turns it off and their right back where they started from, no confidence, no team work, and sadly no(well very few) wins.

They need to work it out like they did at the start of the season, keep going to the guys so that they can build their confidence when they make some bad shots/choices and have off nights. Problem is, if they do that it might take them to a 7th, 8th, or even outright out of the playoffs if they don't turn it around fast enough, so they can't and kobe's going to continue to jack 30+ shots a night just trying to keep Phil Jacksons failed team building experiment together.
profiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:27 AM   #160
laker24
I brick open layups

laker24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Dirty Bastard
im with you on how laker fans praise their team to be one of the best when clearly they're not.

Clippers much better TEAM, imo

the next couple games are gonna be interesting for the lakers, clippers, nuggets and warriors

CLIPPERS !!!!!

I would say that the clipps are a much better team then the Lakers, but they are a better team.
laker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: