Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-02-2007, 10:40 PM   #31
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation
Default Re: Best/Worst Coach in the NBA?

hahaha so it's Avery carrying the Mavs.. not Dirk.. in your world Avery is carrying Dirk.. not the other way around.. and you say I worship Dirk.. are you on drugs?

And what leads you to believe this.. the Mavs were successful before Avery showed up.. so how can you possibly know Avery is responsible for any of their success?

Do you realize Dirk averaged more freethrows per game under Nellie than Avery... Dirk has regressed as a player under Avery.. rather than improved..

Yes the Mavs got to the Finals.. but Avery was just fortunate to meet the Spurs with an injured Duncan and the Suns without Amare..

Last edited by FabCasablancas : 04-02-2007 at 10:51 PM.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:00 PM   #32
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Id take Avery or Pop over anyone with Phil, Jerry Sloan, and Skiles on the next level. Id hate to have Rivers. Decent guy I think but it takes more than being a nice guy. Kinda like Mo Cheeks. But id rather have Mo.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:06 PM   #33
tmacman
Good High School Starter

tmacman is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I wonder why no one's saying Bickerstaff? Haha he is arguably the worst coach out there as well but it might seem too obvious
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #34
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Id take Avery or Pop over anyone with Phil, Jerry Sloan, and Skiles on the next level. Id hate to have Rivers. Decent guy I think but it takes more than being a nice guy. Kinda like Mo Cheeks. But id rather have Mo.

Coincidentally both Avery and Pop have the league MVPs on their team.. and Dirk was playing like an MVP before Avery showed up..
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:46 AM   #35
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I have a hard time believing anyone's worse than Wittman.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:48 AM   #36
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
I have a hard time believing anyone's worse than Wittman.

Either Hill, either Bob or Brian, are pretty lousy.

Mike Woodson isn't any great shakes either, but he is also very hamstrung with absolutely no bench whatsoever.

Jeff Van Gundy - never liked the guy.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:57 AM   #37
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Bob Hill might be worse. He is just terrible. I see the Sonics play the Wolves four times a year. Yeah, I think Hill might be worse.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:03 AM   #38
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Best coach all time I have to say Ishia thomas no douth.

: )
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:27 AM   #39
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Best: Rick Carlisle
Worst: Glenn Anton Rivers (he doesn't even deserve to be called the not so good Doctor anymore)
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:35 AM   #40
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

Disregard the talent on the Mavericks team, Avery Johnson is actually quite a good coach and has all the qualities I'd look for in a coach if I was building a team from scratch. Stand-up guy, class act, isn't afraid to get in his players' faces if they do something wrong, but at the same time, commands their respect. All the flaws he has now are mainly due to inexperience as a coach.

Other good ones like mentioned already are Phil, Sloan, Pat Riley, etc.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:37 AM   #41
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

I'm gonna submit Byron Scott's name for worst. I was watching all the Hornet's Training camp series when it came on and he is so confusing it has got be annoying. He would say one thing, then the exact opposite. He was like "Peja, this set is called 3 CLap. You're gonna run the baseline then curl up on the opposite lane for the jumper, correction, correction, backcut to the basket."

"Chris, I want you to pull up for the jumper on that 2 on 1 break. Correction, correction, go to the basket"

It was the dumbest thing I had ever seen. It's like it was opposite day in his mind, but then it wasn't anymore.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:39 AM   #42
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I forgot Byron. He did explain some **** to them in camp on NBA tv that just wasnt right. I mean...telling them the basics...wrong. And they knew it. And he said something like he had to break them of bad habits.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:50 AM   #43
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Best: Greg Popovich.

The team chesmistry he has in the Spurs is absolutely wonderful, it's like watching an ant hill at work, everybody knows what to do, won't step out of line, does everything neat and ordered.

Worst: Brian Hill

How can Dwight Howard, number 1 overall pick, be attemped just above 10 shots a game? Even Yao Ming in his second years hoisted up over 1000 shots.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:56 AM   #44
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Best: Greg Popovich
Worst: Brian Hill
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:38 PM   #45
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
I forgot Byron. He did explain some **** to them in camp on NBA tv that just wasnt right. I mean...telling them the basics...wrong. And they knew it. And he said something like he had to break them of bad habits.
The saddest thing is he does it every year. Every year they have done the Real Training Camp specials he's given his team incorrect information.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: