Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Windhorst: "99% chance Love goes to Cavs...Ball is on the 1 yard line"

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    With what kind of depth? This team is so weak defensively and who do they have as backup bigs? Tristan Thompson is adequate I guess, but they are gonna have to play big minutes to compete against the top 5 teams in the league. I think they win a championship year 2, not this year.
    Waiters and Love aren't as bad defensively as most people think

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Windhorst: "99% chance Love goes to Cavs...Ball is on the 1 yard line"

if you factor in D-rebounding id say Love is about neutral on defense...Waiters like most young athletic guards is good on-ball but struggles on his rotations...Irving is the only terrible defender

Quote Originally Posted by fragokota
    I can already see some problems in the rebounding.

Weak ass defensively though.
    Winning can do wonders for a player's defensive effort.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    With what kind of depth? This team is so weak defensively and who do they have as backup bigs? Tristan Thompson is adequate I guess, but they are gonna have to play big minutes to compete against the top 5 teams in the league. I think they win a championship year 2, not this year.
    I have no idea what the depth will look like because I'm assuming this trade is going to have a lot more moving parts than people realize. It will either be as close to a Love for Wiggins deal as humanly possible, value-wise, or there will be a lot of guys moving around with the potential of a third team involved.

That's why it is impossible to speculate on depth... just what the starting five is likely to be.

I can already see some problems in the rebounding.

Weak ass defensively though.
    When you say "problems in the rebounding," you mean incredible rebounding, right? All three of the guys you bolded are above average rebounders for their respective positions.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    I'd imagine they'd get more than just Love back...Love and Martin at the least...sign someone like stiemsa and:

Irving/Delladova
    Waiters/Martin/Miller/Jones
    LeBron/Miller/Jones/Martin
    Love/Thompson/LeBron
    Varejao/Thompson/Stiemsma/Hayward

That's a pretty deep team..could use another PG though..
    If they are giving up Wiggins and either Thompson/Bennett and a first rounder...they should get back Dieng.

It would be absurd for them not to actually.

So I'd say;

Irving/Dell
    Waiters/Miller/Jones
    Lebron/Miller
    Love/Thompson
    Andy/Dieng/Thompson/Haywood

If reports are true that the Wolves love Thad Young. I bet the sixers would do young for a first rounder, martin, and barea's expiring contract. especially because i bet martin could be moved again for at least cap filler and a future pick as his contract will actually be nice once the cap goes up again next summer.

the sixers might be able to turn young into a first and 2nd rounder and an expiring contract. not a bad haul for a player with no future on the team.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-30-2014 at 08:52 PM.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

whelp, i've reached out to my source and he told me that all he knows is that the cavs have an offer on the table for Love but are in fact pursuing contingency plans for another bigman.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    If they are giving up Wiggins and either Thompson/Bennett and a first rounder...they should get back Dieng.

It would be absurd for them not to actually.

So I'd say;

Irving/Dell
    Waiters/Miller/Jones
    Lebron/Miller
    Love/Thompson
    Andy/Dieng/Thompson/Haywood

If reports are true that the Wolves love Thad Young. I bet the sixers would do young for a first rounder, martin, and barea's expiring contract. especially because i bet martin could be moved again for at least cap filler and a future pick as his contract will actually be nice once the cap goes up again next summer.

the sixers might be able to turn young into a first and 2nd rounder and an expiring contract. not a bad haul for a player with no future on the team.
    looks good. they need help in the wings though, miller and jones are old and i think LBJ would like to have his minutes go down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    looks good. they need help in the wings though, miller and jones are old and i think LBJ would like to have his minutes go down a bit.
    yea, they'd obviously add something there.

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    When you say "problems in the rebounding," you mean incredible rebounding, right? All three of the guys you bolded are above average rebounders for their respective positions.
    Do you even have to ask? Ofc i'm kidding, all three of them are top/near the top rebounders at their position. I wish we had better rebounders all those years.It might have cost us a chip.

This Cavs team is weak defensively though, you gotta pick a rim protector and a good wing defender if you want to win it all.

p.s: No way Wolves give up Dieng in this deal imho

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Do you even have to ask? Ofc i'm kidding, all three of them are top/near the top rebounders at their position. I wish we had better rebounders all those years.It might have cost us a chip.

This Cavs team is weak defensively though, you gotta pick a rim protector and a good wing defender if you want to win it all.

I agree that there could be problems defensively. Then again, I don't think Irving, Waiters or Love have ever really exerted themselves and focused in defensively, either. Being on a legitimate contender and on the court with James, along with having what is assumed to be a very defensive-minded coach in Blatt, could go a long way to improving their effort/energy on that end.

I agree about the rim protection. It is sorely lacking with that starting five. Again though, there are going to be a lot of moving parts, here, so it is impossible to even judge the team at this stage.

I assumed you were joking about the rebounding... sarcasm is often hard to detect on forums like these.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Ray Allen is in the wings.

Varejao is not a starter. He and Tristan will provide the big man off the bench. Damn good depth at that.

Dion can play the 1/2/3 .... he really is the key player to this team. He can be the x factor no opposing team can acount for game in game out

Once Cavs make another minor deal for a starting Center, this lineup:

Kyrie/Dion/Della
    Dion/Allen/Miller
    LeBron/Miller/Jones
    Love/Tristan/LeBron
    Unknown C/Varejao/Tristan/Love

Will win 70 games first year. Only San Antonio playing at the level they were at last year will be able to play with this Cavs team who, when its said and done, will have had the greatest off season in NBA history.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve

Varejao is not a starter. He and Tristan will provide the big man off the bench. Damn good depth at that.

Dion can play the 1/2/3 .... he really is the key player to this team. He can be the x factor no opposing team can acount for game in game out

Kyrie/Dion/Della
    Dion/Allen/Miller
    LeBron/Miller/Jones
    Love/Tristan/LeBron

Will win 70 games first year. Only San Antonio playing at the level they were at last year will be able to play with this Cavs team who, when its said and done, will have had the greatest off season in NBA history.
    what chips do they use to get the C?

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Will win 70 games first year.

Im speechless.

To the bold.

I disagree. You really think the Wolves blow the deal up over Dieng? They have the chance to get Wiggins and they aren't going to do it because of Dieng?

I doubt it...

Kyrie/Dion/Della
    Dion/Allen/Miller
    LeBron/Miller/Jones
    Love/Tristan/LeBron