Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Chandler Parsons: Cuban and Carlisle see me as a superstar, max-level player.

You need to look at the overall picture.

Right now the Mavs pay Parsons/Dirk/Ellis a combined 33 million dollars. That

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Chandler Parsons: Cuban and Carlisle see me as a superstar, max-level player.

Those 2 tall, shooting Fs on Dallas will be interesting to watch. It will make a lot of space for Monta,Harris and co to slash and create.

kobetard

Dirk - "I took a paycut for this?

[QUOTE=R.I.P.]You need to look at the overall picture.

Right now the Mavs pay Parsons/Dirk/Ellis a combined 33 million dollars. That
    Last edited by DirkNowitzki41; 07-14-2014 at 11:14 AM.

Banned

Mark Cuban in a few years when he realizes what he did:

Quote Originally Posted by IMObjective
    Dirk - "I took a paycut for this?
    Well it was either that or overpaying for Deng/Ariza and resigning Vince Carter and Matrix for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Well it was either that or overpaying for Deng/Ariza and resigning Vince Carter and Matrix for another year.
    Ariza could have been had for just $8 mil

Well going from Mchale to Carlisle is like going from playing middle school pick up games...to playing well nba basketball

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
    Wow. Dirk-Ellis-Parsons for 33mill is amazing Those 3 fit perfectly on offense.
    Agree. I mean Amare/Bargnani earn 35 mil next year, DWill/Johnson 46 mil...so that's a pretty fair price. And Chandler/Harris/Jefferson/Crowder are solid pieces as well. This team looks pretty promising, should be an upgrade from last season, where the Mavs could already compete with any team based on Carlisle's skill. Not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    We all know what kind of player Ariza is and he came off a career contract year. I would rather take a gamble on Parsons who has more upside.

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    I like him. I think he can be an all-star, on the level of a Detlef Schrempf, but not a superstar.
    That's exactly who I compare Parsons to as well! At one time, Detlef was a top 5 SF in the L. And in the all around sense, Detlef was often in the top 2-3 SF's in the L. Only reason why Detlef wasn't superstar was the alpha dog gene, but he was a very capable number 2 or 3 scorer for a team. That's how I view Parsons as well. Dallas is once again building a team with 2-3 legit All Star kind of players around a legend in Dirk. I think Dallas will sneak up on teams in the West once again!

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

It was a fine move for Dallas, but I think houston was smart not too match (perhaps too smart, since they could've just kept him a year and then tried to re-sign him as a UFA).

Hes definitely not worth this contract (and would not have gotten it as a UFA), but thats the only way to get a RFA away from their own team.

Sunshine State

Parson's is one of my favourite players, but he is not worth max money. Hopefully his play will live up to his contract though.

Ariza is a good player (used to be one of my favs), but he's getting up there in age and his ceiling was reached a long time ago. He's a very good defender and a spot up three point shooter, but that's about it. He's not going to all of a sudden improve.

Parsons is young and he's MORE skilled, overall, than Ariza. Yeah, his defense sucks, but he tries and he hustles and there's no reason he can't get better. He can run the break as well as anyone in the NBA and when he's on, he can score in every conceivable way...3 pointers, midrange, drives to the hoop. He's GREAT in the fast break and good in a halfcourt set. The only thing he really needs to improve on (besides his flat shot) is being able to create his own shot.

He also plays with a chip on his shoulder, which I like.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    That's an overpay.