Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-23-2014, 09:37 PM   #46
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Cleveland listening to offers for 1st pick from Jazz, Sixers, Wolves, Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
I think CLE really screwed themselves by not trading Waiters while his stock was higher and possibly drafting a replacement for him last year instead of Bennett. Will be interesting to see what they can get for him now.
You're off base on Dion. When he excels on another team, we'll revisit the Dion hate. You can guarantee that.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:45 PM   #47
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Cleveland listening to offers for 1st pick from Jazz, Sixers, Wolves, Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
You're off base on Dion. When he excels on another team, we'll revisit the Dion hate. You can guarantee that.
The general Dion Waiters narrative is very confusing to me. He has been virtually step-for-step with Brad Beal in their two respective years so far in the league, but everyone acts as though Beal is the next big thing and Waiters is a total bust.

I don't know if it is a Cavs thing or what, but Dion looked really good last year... there were large portions of the season where he was the best player on the team. He was hitting GWs with the Cavs still in playoff contention, taking over games, etc.

But, everyone has just assumed he is worthless. I don't get it. Group think.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:49 PM   #48
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
The general Dion Waiters narrative is very confusing to me. He has been virtually step-for-step with Brad Beal in their two respective years so far in the league, but everyone acts as though Beal is the next big thing and Waiters is a total bust.

I don't know if it is a Cavs thing or what, but Dion looked really good last year... there were large portions of the season where he was the best player on the team. He was hitting GWs with the Cavs still in playoff contention, taking over games, etc.

But, everyone has just assumed he is worthless. I don't get it. Group think.

I thought it was his attitude. To be honest I don't think waiters or beal are going to be amazing players. They will be solid but not great imo and I don't recall seeing anyone hyping up beal anymore than waiters, if anything i've seen more people trying to hype up waiters which is what may have led to people bagging him out for silly reasons.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:50 PM   #49
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here

I think the Cavs are mega scared theyre going to draft a bust again..

Unless theyre trading the #1 pick for Melo or bran just take the best player available in the draft.. Wiggins/Parker.. Then sign some vets they need badly.
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:51 PM   #50
PleezeBelieve

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
I thought it was his attitude. To be honest I don't think waiters or beal are going to be amazing players. They will be solid but not great imo and I don't recall seeing anyone hyping up beal anymore than waiters, if anything i've seen more people trying to hype up waiters which is what may have led to people bagging him out for silly reasons.
Dion just put up 16 3 3 on 43/37/68 splits as a 22 year old.

He's already "solid", as you say
Old 06-23-2014, 09:52 PM   #51
PleezeBelieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
I think the Cavs are mega scared theyre going to draft a bust again..

Unless theyre trading the #1 pick for Melo or bran just take the best player available in the draft.. Wiggins/Parker.. Then sign some vets they need badly.
No, I actually think they have a plan they they are trying to execute to their maximum benefit.

Thanks for adding nothing, tho.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:03 PM   #52
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
No, I actually think they have a plan they they are trying to execute to their maximum benefit.

Well good luck with that, history shows the opposite
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:05 PM   #53
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Old 06-23-2014, 10:13 PM   #54
NattyPButter
7/11/14 We Witness

NattyPButter has decent reputation

They trade Dion I hope this sh!t blow up in their face and Kyrie doesn't sign max deal, and they traded their number 1 draft pick for freaking Derrick Favors. Then Lebron resigns with the Heat. The team would be back to square 1.
NattyPButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:18 PM   #55
hangintheair
Why so Serious?

hangintheair has an OK reputation so far

Just trade it to Phily for the #3 and Young.

Draft Embiid and put Young on SF
hangintheair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:20 PM   #56
Derka
Go C's!

Derka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation here

They need to be drafting Wiggins if Embiid is really that badly hurt. They need that SF shored up.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:37 PM   #57
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyPButter
They trade Dion I hope this sh!t blow up in their face and Kyrie doesn't sign max deal, and they traded their number 1 draft pick for freaking Derrick Favors. Then Lebron resigns with the Heat. The team would be back to square 1.
What a fan.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:37 PM   #58
NattyPButter
7/11/14 We Witness

NattyPButter has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
What a fan.

Well you sure don't trade your number 1 for freaking Favors and some picks. You don't trade Dion when he was freaking better then Kyrie last year. Then on top of that Kyrie is always freaking hurt every season.
NattyPButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:37 PM   #59
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

What is Utah's cap situation? If they could absorb Jack, and Thompson without taking anything back, I would seriously consider it. If not then fug em.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:19 AM   #60
Byobob
Great young streetballer

Byobob has not been impressing people

No pic of Broussard's multiple sauces yet? I am disappoint.
Byobob is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: